Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "They wouldn't"...

I'm not saying it can't be the case, but players with absolutely zero insight saying "they wouldn't" or "they would" is sort of redundant. I'm hoping it'll be the case that they give us early access to these races to promote people leveling them before BfA releases, but it could happen in 7.3.5 or perhaps a patch after that, or the pre-patch to BfA.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

Why did they make 4 individual paragraphs for 4, then clumped the other 2 together.

Of course a far away throw is "they aren't decided yet", on classes, okay, fair. But PTR seems to reinforce early access a bit more.

Even more allies await in unexplored lands = important keyword, that the other 2 likely won't be unlocked till 120.

Again , nothing confirms pre-orders, it's just the way they went with Demon-Hunter, it's expected we might something here too in terms of Early-Access.

Promoting leveling (world scaling + heritage armors) would be perfect content in the months leading up to 8.0.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-08 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

Why did they make 4 individual paragraphs for 4, then clumped the other 2 together.

Of course a far away throw is "they aren't decided yet", on classes, okay, fair. But PTR seems to reinforce early access a bit more.

Even more allies await in unexplored lands = important keyword.
    Well, we already know the stories of the 4 Allied Races, perhaps it's a way to avoid spoilers?

I'm more surprised to see them call the leveling experience "revamped"... Like, it's got new tech to it but the content is the same as it's been since Cata. :d

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Actually biggest clue are not datamining stuff, but Embassy in capitals. It literally make no sense that they come before 8.0 pre-patch, unless we will have Allied Races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful. With the changes to leveling, introducing the allied races baked into 7.3.5 would be a good way to get players testing out the improved leveling experience, with a shiny transmog set awaiting them at 110 for the effort. It would also dampen the impact of the inevitable content drought since players will be busy with the new level grind and gearing up their new alts for BFA, which should help avoid another 6.2 and 5.4 where the end patch seemed to stretch on interminably with nothing to really do in the meantime.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Wasn't it stated on one of the initial Blizzcon pannels that you basically need to complete the BfA story-lines before you can head to the recruitement hall of your faction (SW,Org)?

I'd be all game for early access, like we had it with DH, but IMO it's far more likely that they are currently rushing these races to the PTR without this requirement in order to get more people to test the new leveling to 110-speed and such.
    No, they only said that the allied races are unlocked after doing their storyline, they didn't say that you need to do the BfA storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    As others have said. Never take anything lore says seriously, his job is to lie, keep expectations low and shut people up.

If I know anything about this industry it’s that four of the six allied races will be available in 7.3.5 as a pre order bonus for BfA.
    If they’re not then that means Blizzard has some internal time management issues which could have a knock on effect for the rest of the expansion because no sensible marketing team would miss the opportunity to cushion content drought related profit loss like early access allied races would.

So either they’ll be in 7.3.5 or we need to seriously start considering the state of BfA and the development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I cannot honestly comprehend why you people think this will be an acceptable way to handle unlocking allied races.

I'm sorry, but preorder bonuses like this shit and the demon hunter opener in Legion is hyper trash. Stop giving these AAA developers reasons for you to preorder a title that they haven't even finished development nor you have any idea what the finished product will be.

I get it, people who play WoW are classically not good with their money, but these preorder bonuses and lootcrate real money transactions are just apart of the new-wave of AAA developers demanding more and more while giving consumers less and less. Blizzard is just as guilty of this as EA or any of the other AAA gaming companies, even the ones that avoided publishing misses this year.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm beginning to think a lot of you people are Blizzard employees shit posting from alt accounts to skew public opinion one way on fan websites and that's why nothing ever gets done at Blizzard HQ: everyone spends all day shit posting. It fundamentally explains anti-flight, vanilla purists and a lot of the other 'toxic but necessary' forum-goers.

#metatheory

I wish I could give you one million upvotes for this post, because this says it ALL!

Deleted
    I am pretty sure the Allied races are part of the Pre Order.
    Which then would technically be not an addition to the free 7.3.5 patch as Lore said.

Question however is how far these races are going to be time gated back after teh patch released.
    Demon Hunters were hold back for quite a while which was really a downer.

It's because Allied Races ARE part of Battle for Azeroth. It's likely you'll get them as a pre-order, which is why they can't really tell you "Hey, those Allied Races are in 7.3.5" and set expectations to those who'll go into the patch thinking they're free.