Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stop pretending that the horde's reasons were as clear as day.
    -The archers on the ridge, at the sound of the horn, didn't even try to GESTURE the alliance that the horde forces were in disarray. They just walked away with a smug look on their rotten faces.
    -The alliance could have no idea that the horde was having so much trouble, and a mere horn couldn't signal it. As I said, they didn't even try to tell the alliance.
    -The horde preferred rescuing random horde members than sparing a flying thing for Varian. After what he's done for them in Siege of Orgrimmar, the horde should have tried their best to prove they can be allies instead of repeated betrayers. But nooooo.
    -The next time you see Sylvanas she's attempting to enslave Eyir and bargaining with a cruel deity of the underworld. If you were Genn, would you believe it if someone told you "they had good intentions I swear!".

Let's be real.

We still don't know what causes it. This is like going "why did Jaina get mean all of a sudden?" without being aware of the bombing of Theramore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm baffled why people think the Alliance's main problem with Sylvanas is the Broken Shore events and not her endless hostility in the northern Eastern Kingdoms.
    Well she haven't being that hostile in Northern Eastern Kingdoms, i mean... Gilneas was started with Garrosh, Southshore (well the Horde have been in war for quite a while, i mean... we have had that BG since Vanilla -so something had to go down eventually-), i mean... isn't her problem the fact that she have done countless of human experiments for the creation of her plague and other things?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Unless you are one of the few that never played Horde side, literally the whole reason for Horde/Ally conflict in Legion was based on a misunderstanding, yet it's one of the main reasons cited at Blizzcon for why there is conflict between the factions in BFA.

I would say the odds of Teldrassil burning being any different are slim to none at all.

But let's not let that stop people from taking unconfirmed rumors and baseless speculation as gospel.
    There was no misunderstanding. Both the Alliance and Horde were fighting the Legion. The Alliance had even more and stronger demons to deal with than the Horde. The Horde fled the battle. It's true that Sylvanas was only doing what Vol'jin wanted, but that only means that Vol'jin was the real coward here. Apparently "victory or death" doesn't always apply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    There was no misunderstanding. Both the Alliance and Horde were fighting the Legion. The Alliance had even more and stronger demons to deal with than the Horde. The Horde fled the battle. It's true that Sylvanas was only doing what Vol'jin wanted, but that only means that Vol'jin was the real coward here. Apparently "victory or death" doesn't always apply.
    It depends who you ask, if the Horde fight goes well, the Legion eventually summons a ship that shoots down into the Horde battlefield and kill most of the NPC there.

Note: Also the Alliance was not fighting any of the "commanders" summoned, just based in quantity, the Horde had a much harder part, but not really relevant. (It does goes against the "Victory or death" thing.)

I don't know buddy. Hordies were pummeled by freaking lazors from the sky, only standing hero was Sylvana, everyone else was pretty much out of combat. I am not sure, if this could be compared what Alliance was going through. I liked Varian actually, but to be real, Horde got the worse end IMHO, and based on rogue campaign, it was even Alliance fault.

victory or death is an orc saying.
    legion had way more numbers than the horde and the horde had to deal with 3 legion ships.
    alliance didnt even fight legion commanders that got summoned. they fought trash mobs. alliance did not have stronger things to deal with
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

@ OP

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I am a Horde player, and I want Sylvanas to burn down Teldrassil out of spite, because she knows Gilneans are there, and she wants revenge for denying her people future.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    victory or death is an orc saying.
    legion had way more numbers than the horde and the horde had to deal with 3 legion ships.
    alliance didnt even fight legion commanders that got summoned. they fought trash mobs. alliance did not have stronger things to deal with
    And apparently "We are the Forsaken, we will slaughter anyone in our way unless they might kill us in which case we will get in a boat and sail away as quickly as possible." is an undead saying.

Unless there is a cost in which case abandon the ridge.

The Alliance was fully prepared to stand their ground against the commanders and Gul'dan until the Horde retreated and left them open to attack from the front and side. 3 minor legion ships is a joke, there were six attacking Dalaran before its teleport.

I love how so many fools wanted horde and Alliance slaughtered at the broken shore
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry but the title caught me confused.
    Remember when Genn Greymane didn't watch the Horde cinematic for the Broken Shore?
    Didn't think Genn watched the cinematics, cheater!

On topic: Wars sometimes escalate due to stupidity or misunderstandings. To be honest, even if there was no misunderstanding, I would believe the war would've started differently anyways. I mean, at the current, the factions should be running a little dry on resources anyways.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Genn is crazy, for sure 100%. And it's just hilarious how people based on nothing at all just assume Sylvannas personally destroys Teldrassil and that it sparks the new war, they also tend to be the same people that think Genn actually has a reason beyond his son dying to have personal grudge against Sylvannas.
    Technically he doesn't really even have that. Sylvanas was not trying to, and never intended to kill his son. Greymane Junior literally jumped infront of an arrow meant for someone else.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the cinematics, I believe although lack of apparent verbal communication between the Horde and Alliance dealing with their own melee and what not with two separate vs. Legion battle it was pretty obvious Genn and Varian indeed noticed the warning: Sylvanas sounding the horn and calling for a retreat.

To Genn it signals treachery and betrayal but for Varian when he said "She couldn't be". Genn even acknowledge the odds of great lost when he said "Without the Horde we will be overrun."

The Battle for Azeroth is a culminating event and it's inevitable. Anduin must confront Sylvanas and ask her the version of their story for him to be liberated from the half truth and lies he found out about his father.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-12-13 at 04:49 PM.

If you think the Genn vs Sylvannas feud started in the Broken Shore, then you haven't been paying attention. Go play through the Forsaken and Worgen starting zones.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    If you think the Genn vs Sylvannas feud started in the Broken Shore, then you haven't been paying attention. Go play through the Forsaken and Worgen starting zones.
    If there is someone who is a traitor it would be nobody else but Genn for he withdrew his Gilneas from the Grand Alliance. Sylvanas is the one truly loyal. Not only for her fellow highborne who got massacred in Quel'thalas but also for the remaining Human individuals plagued by the Scourge and added as ranks of undeath for they have no choice, be eternal slaves of undeath under the Lich King or be freed and somewhat regain their mortality/humanity as Forsaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Technically he doesn't really even have that. Sylvanas was not trying to, and never intended to kill his son. Greymane Junior literally jumped infront of an arrow meant for someone else.
    He's a worgen for crying out loud! What's the use of his feral swiftness and agility when all he needs to do is dodge the black arrow, as if it was a silver bullet which would kill Lycanthrope. He could even just snatched the flying arrow mid air or even rush towards his son and push him aside. Well, that spoil the entire plot and we would end up with a different story. Sylvanas was even kind enough to give Genn Jr a second life as part of the Forsaken which Genn himself couldn't accept, as if he got a choice to keep him alive or just mourn on the remains of his son as a rotting human corpse.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-12-14 at 01:25 AM.

I, like Genn, saw what I needed to see. Betrayal and cowardice.

And I, like Genn, savored the retribution. Long live the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Vol’jin also said “Don’t let the Horde die here today”.
    That was my point. "No matter da cost" actually meant "Unless da cost is high."

Deleted
    Are we at this clown fiesta again?

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Are we at this clown fiesta again?
    always......