Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Reason why we get Horde/Alliance war is because some loudmouths on the internet whine about WoW being too "big" and now Blizzard staff thinks that people in general want WoW on smaller scale, like it was last seen in WarCraft 2.

If WarCraft 3 was about Alliance/Horde, WoW wouldn't be as close to popular as it was back then.

What do people think the horn meant though?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    What do people think the horn meant though?
    The Alliance clearly thought that the horn meant "yo boys waddup, just wanted to tell yall were wrapping up here, and yall on your own with this 'killing guldan' business".

When it actually meant "We cant continue fighting, sounding retreat, suggest you do the same"

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    The Alliance clearly thought that the horn meant "yo boys waddup, just wanted to tell yall were wrapping up here, and yall on your own with this 'killing guldan' business".

When it actually meant "We cant continue fighting, sounding retreat, suggest you do the same"
    Translation: it was a wipe as they couldn't possibly kill the boss before the enrage timer, and the stupid fuckers wanted to keep trying anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post

But why would the Alliance think that anyway? That whole argument hinges on the fact that the Horde and Alliance never talked at all before the Broken Shore, which, we don't know, but honestly, what the hell?

Like, anyone with half a braincell would realize that the horn being sounded, and a Fel Lords showing up at the ridge a few seconds later would mean that they are retreating.

yall realize that genn wants to kill her because she murdered his son and killed his entire country right?

her being a treacherous bitch is just, to him, more proof that the evil regicidal mass murderer cant be trusted even in times of desperation
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    yall realize that genn wants to kill her because she murdered his son and killed his entire country right?

her being a treacherous bitch is just, to him, more proof that the evil regicidal mass murderer cant be trusted even in times of desperation
    Saying she murdered his son is a bit... eh...

She tried to kill him and he jumped in front of her arrow. Can't really say she murdered him.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Saying she murdered his son is a bit... eh...

She tried to kill him and he jumped in front of her arrow. Can't really say she murdered him.
    I don’t think there’s much difference as far as severity goes between “She killed my son” and “She tried to kill me, but hit my son instead”, net result is the same: He’s dead, and that’s plenty of reason to hold a grudge for anybody...

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post

the problem is, horde fanboys will keep justifying her actions even if she plague bombs the shit out of any alliance city. Just like they did with justifying Theramore bombing (hurr-durr, you were informed beforehand), Forsaken attack on Gilneas (hurr-durr, it was Garrosh, not her), abandoning Horde to get a Lantern for own benefits (hurr-durr, she has to secure her peoples' survival).

But as one wise king once told, "noone rules forever", so hopefully she dies or retires soon.
    Last edited by ornichi; 2017-12-07 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dadev View Post
    Some would say that alliance’s intelligence completely failed and was the main mechanism behind the trap. It’s a pure miracle that Varrian survived as long as he did as the legion had him in crosshairs for some time. It’s obvious the legion could eliminate him sooner, but then their position would’ve been exposed and the opportunity to do the same for the Horde would be wasted.
    But this part of the story is only visible in the rogue order hall chain.
    And unfortunately most people are just going to overlook this post and just keep believing whatever just cuz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dankrave View Post
    the problem is, horde fanboys will keep justifying her actions even if she plague bombs the shit out of any alliance city. Just like they did with justifying Theramore bombing (hurr-durr, you were informed beforehand), Forsaken attack on Gilneas (hurr-durr, it was Garrosh, not her), abandoning Horde to get a Lantern for own benefits (hurr-durr, she has to secure her peoples' survival).

But as one wise king once told, "noone rules forever", so hopefully she dies or retires soon.
    You do realize this is a video game with poorly-written characters, right?

It's just the writing is infinitely worse on one side than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    You do realize this is a video game with poorly-written characters, right?

It's just the writing is infinitely worse on one side than the other.
    I totally agree on that one, man. Writing is pure shit. I am not against Horde, I love Trall, Baine, Vol'Jin, Saurfang etc. There are plenty of interesting individuals. But Sylvanas is really really worn out. I'd suggest to kill her off and make Nathanos new leader of Forsaken.

I totally agree on that one, man. Writing is pure shit. I am not against Horde, I love Trall, Baine, Vol'Jin, Saurfang etc. There are plenty of interesting individuals. But Sylvanas is really really worn out. I'd suggest to kill her off and make Nathanos new leader of Forsaken.
    Sylvannas has never even been a front and center main character in any point of wow, you're out of your mind.

Deleted
    The whole situation on the Broken Shore was a fiasco. Appearently both the Horde and the Alliance launched an assault without consulting each other. They treid to assault the Legion at a place thats essentially a giant Legion portal, no shit they got ambushed. The whole thing just reeks of ineptitude of both sides.

Also people blaming Sylvanas for retreating:
    1.) The Horde and her people are her first responsibility, not the welfare of the Alliance. The Horde would have been unable to hold their position any longer, they were covering the Alliance's flanks until they were flanked themselves.
    2.) It was Vol'jin that ordered the retreat. It was him who said "Do not let the Horde die this day."
    3.) Even if they wouldn't have retreated: The moment the Fel Reaver arrived, they would have been goners anyway.

TL;DR: Both factions were lured into a trap by the Legion. This has been made even worse by the appearent lack of communiction between the factions.

Trall, Baine, Vol'Jin, Saurfang
    that's the same character.
    You can also add Velen, malfurion, tyrande, Cairne and boy king, proably missed some.

All are the same character with different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I don’t think there’s much difference as far as severity goes between “She killed my son” and “She tried to kill me, but hit my son instead”, net result is the same: He’s dead, and that’s plenty of reason to hold a grudge for anybody...
    Ya sure, but there is absolutely no good reason he's dragging everyone else into his vendetta with him. It's hilarious watching people try to justify it tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They still didn't tell the Alliance they were retreating
    Ignoring the fact that they did by using alarm horn ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Sylvannas has never even been a front and center main character in any point of wow, you're out of your mind.
    1) she had more than enough time in wc3.
    2) questing in Tirisfal highly revolves around her decisionmaking.
    3) most of Legion's horde side questing revolves around her and class halls.
    4) She was represented in 2 cinematics in a row.
    5) She was featured in several books of fan favourite Christie Golden.

So tbh she had more attention than all of the leaders of both factions combined. Except for Trall maybe.

People keeps complaining that Hord did retreat, but let's face the real thing:
    it's a shame that Genn Greymane didn't jump on the big Fel Robot instead of Varian.
    Because that's what a devoted soldier/second in command would do, protect his King whatever the cost.

But no, the old Wolf chose (again) to let Stormwind behind.

/discuss

1) she had more than enough time in wc3.
    1) WC3 is not WOW
    2) I'm right and you are not.

Literally for almost the entirety of WOW Sylvannas has been just a questgiver/npc for low level players. She only got elevated more recently, and still has not had an expansion that brought her up to main character status.

You do not have an argument, stop it.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-07 at 11:05 AM.