10+ Year Old Account

Best Jobs you ever had?

Also what is the biggest truck you or vehicle you have driven legally :P

For me tow truck driving, when I was poor as hell living alone in a shitty studio apartment, spent my last bit of scratch got a CDL in late teens early 20's

Long as fuck hours brutal cold, was our best season 10 hour days, swing shifts 6 days a week, but lots of exercise and interesting stories of how people would tell you they parked their cars into interesting items.

What are some of the best jobs you ever had?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    biggest truck... 7.5 metric ton semi:

Best job? Concert/Tour manager
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    biggest truck... 7.5 metric ton semi:

Best job? Concert/Tour manager
    HAHAHA Wildtree!

You drove that?

Any short cool experiences you could share without giving up too much personal information on yourself?

Software developer in an e-mail backend.

Best job I had so far, I was coding in C, which is my favorite programming language and the challenge was huge (we processed 2 billion e-mails per month). I learned a lot about linux, high performance, networks and multi-threaded application. Also, at a point a really good friend from college joined the team and we worked really well together.

Unfortunately C has a very limited market (unless you live in the US), so I had to move for other languages and eventually from low level backend servers.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account

Yep did plenty of this, hope people drive safely

15+ Year Old Account

The largest vehicle I have driven. But you can still use the normal driver's license for it, at least here in Sweden.

The best job I've had is the current one where I'm mining cryprocurrency while doing nothing
    Earnings vary from $500/month to $1500/month which isn't much, but I also have a full time job so when it all stacks up it's not bad at all.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What? No blowjob jokes yet?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Best Jobs:
    Canyoneering Guide, got paid to hike and rappel down canyons. Kinda stressful having to constantly mind clients who overrated their abilities.
    Product Designer, get paid to draw concepts all day. Stressful having to mind clients that overestimate their artistic input.
    College Lecturer, most emotionally rewarding job by far. Dealing with departmental politics is a drag. The pending tuition apocalypse is starting to freak people out.

As a fabricator I got to drive around a 54ton front loading forklift. Basically a truck that carries other trucks in its arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best Job: My current one Locomotive Engineer. Which means the biggest vehicle I've ever driven is this:

However as I don't really do the distance hauling I did in the beginning I'm delegated to a switch engine these days:

“You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Deleted
    Blow-- ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Best Jobs:
    Canyoneering Guide, got paid to hike and rappel down canyons. Kinda stressful having to constantly mind clients who overrated their abilities.
    Product Designer, get paid to draw concepts all day. Stressful having to mind clients that overestimate their artistic input.
    College Lecturer, most emotionally rewarding job by far. Dealing with departmental politics is a drag. The pending tuition apocalypse is starting to freak people out.

As a fabricator I got to drive around a 54ton front loading forklift. Basically a truck that carries other trucks in its arms.
    [IMG]snip[/IMG]
    Hahaha damn, sorry that look fun, that kid in me goes OHH YEAH!

Canyoneering seems like a fun job especially if you are young and want to meet girls

As for Product Designers, that seems like a soul crushing job, because I would imagine it's like you figure it out in your brain take the time and some boob tells you their terrible idea lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Best Job: My current one Locomotive Engineer. Which means the biggest vehicle I've ever driven is this:

[IMG][/IMG]

However as I don't really do the distance hauling I did in the beginning I'm delegated to a switch engine these days:

[IMG][/IMG]
    Locomotive seems cool, but not if you have to check all the box cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Locomotive seems cool, but not if you have to check all the box cars.
    I'm responsible for the engines. The Conductor is responsible for the rest of the train. Nobody really checks the box cars though -- all the information about the cars are usually listed on the train list or wheel.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Only ever really had the one job, at different companies. Eh, it's okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Best job I've ever had is my current job: Electrician.

I drive these around pretty frequently:

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest vehicle I ever drove was a 77 passenger school bus that my brother and I converted into an RV.

Does an El Camino count as a truck? I had to drive a drunk co-worker home from a party in his El Camino once...

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

For me tow truck driving, when I was poor as hell living alone in a shitty studio apartment, spent my last bit of scratch got a CDL in late teens early 20's

Long as fuck hours brutal cold, was our best season 10 hour days, swing shifts 6 days a week, but lots of exercise and interesting stories of how people would tell you they parked their cars into interesting items.

What are some of the best jobs you ever had?
    Best job I ever had was at a place that built trucks... I loved it because most of us was young engineers and it was very co-ed, I made a lot of friends and I have an awesome boss.

Best low paying job I loved was at a VHS rental store, if you exclude my co-workers, they where sexist women. My first day one said "Oh you're a guy, guys don't last long we make sure of that" Most of the time I worked alone, those we're the best days I could watch movies and talk movies with customers.

Biggest Truck I have ever driven was a 26' Uhaul. Drove a bus once but I think the Uhaul is bigger, definitely had a lot more weight I had that puppy full.