Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Fuck bitcoins

Iota is the next level shit. Pls invest and drive value up k?

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    bitcoin is not compatible with our societies it will end up banned / illegal sure people will still use it the same way people buy illegal drugs but it will never be mainstream once the laws catch up

its just a matter of how long this will take
    You can't ban bitcoin unless you want to ban internet/smartphones ect. That's the beauty of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    you pray that one of the exchanges is actually open, not crashing long enough for you to actually trade and that your coins are not stolen during the whole process.

not to mention that there is actually a buyer on the other side.....
    Misinformed, I have been cashing coins for 4 years have never had a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Across many social media platforms you can't go 5 posts without someone mentioning bitcoin. I'm a paranoid delusionist; but this to me is because people invested in it are desperate to trip more people into their bed. Good luck to them, only the greedy are gonna be punished.
    Been hearing that since 2012, or before the last 5000% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Yeah I mean 2012 thats just nonsense. I'm not saying there weren't posts about it but lol every 5th?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    bitcoin is not compatible with our societies it will end up banned / illegal sure people will still use it the same way people buy illegal drugs but it will never be mainstream once the laws catch up

its just a matter of how long this will take
    That's just straight out wrong. If they make trading cryptocurrencies illegal, they'll kill the next industrial revolution before it even really started. IoT will use crypto with a 100% certainty. Nothing else would make sense.

If they ban bitcoin, you'll just use another crypto.

It's our society that will have to change. Fiat is broken shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Is that even the biggest bitcoin robbery?
    How does a bitcoin robbery even work? Aren't they basically imaginary?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    You can have a wallet on your hard drive. If that gets stolen, bb bitcoin

For example...

Quote Originally Posted by Nostrix View Post
    PayPal can go down too
    Official currency is fully protected by law. If my bank gets hacked, or any other site that uses my official currency, it just changes the lock on their website doors and puts all those numbers right back where they were in my account. BitCoin can't do that when they are hacked, their currency has specific numbers that can't be duplicated and put right back into my online account.

I keep my money in the bank...credit union actually.

Bitcoin buyers: Proceed with extreme caution

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Private keys. You can claim you own the public address that contains 100000 bitcoin, but without its corresponding private key you can't do anything with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    You can't ban bitcoin unless you want to ban internet/smartphones ect. That's the beauty of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Misinformed, I have been cashing coins for 4 years have never had a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Really the downtime on those exchanges in the last 3 days that the actual exchanges reported were misinformation?
    Those people online trying to cash out at 14-15k yesterday were making their stories up?

it took internet stocks quite a few years to finally crash and burn, and it was one hell of a burn that took over 14 years to recover and have the Nasdaq break even. even longer if you factor in the replacements of bankrupt companies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    You can have a wallet on your hard drive. If that gets stolen, bb bitcoin

For example...
    and if your harddrive dies or gets lost or stolen......you now have no money. great idea.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So much Memecurrency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    I know the dept backed federal reserve bank notes are truly worthless after we left the gold and other precious metals "Standard".

But you can't pay for gas at a truck stop with rocks...
    That's not true, gold only had value because we believed in it too.

Money fundamentally isn't a real thing, it's a shared social trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and if your harddrive dies or gets lost or stolen......you now have no money. great idea.
    Anyone who actually understands the impact of Cryptocurrency and is accepting it as the future of finance will be using a hardware wallet.

Honestly crypto currencies are a bit hit or miss. I like the idea of it, but until it can be as widely accepted as say the dollar, I see no point in it aside from an investment minigame.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nicehash was kind of a unique situation where money was kept in their wallets until paid out, something most did every few weeks. The 2 catches being that the $64M was the "in-transit" money that hadn't been paid out yet, and that there were people who weren't bothering to get paid every few weeks and allowed their balance to get way too large to keep in external online storage like that. Bitcoin in a private wallet is safe. Many people also have a feeling this was an inside job.

But apart from that, there's no valid reason for Bitcoin to have gone from $600 last year to over $15,000 now. That's complete speculation (and maybe a little manipulation by really large investors) with people wanting to get rich quick. The addition of futures maybe could explain a small increase, but the possibility of China's crackdown offsets that. This isn't like a company stock that had a huge hit product and their revenues will skyrocket that might explain a huge increase in a year. The sad part is where you hear about people putting retirement account or their life savings in it hoping to jump on board. But it might as well be Vegas or lottery tickets because the bubble's going to burst one day out of the blue, and probably very soon.

rich people aren't REQUIRED to donate money to anyone. by requiring it it no longer becomes charity and instead is mandatory. which defeats the purpose of charity and instead changes it to a handout.
    Depends on the aim of the charity.
    Voluntary donations may be the normal means but that is more because that is the only way they can do it
    If it became mandatory at higher incomes, would many charities actually turn their backs on it, and turn it down.
    I suspect not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    It's profound. but really I've heard of bitcoins like ten-or-so years ago and thought it was shit and to ignore it.

- - - Updated - - -

I know the dept backed federal reserve bank notes are truly worthless after we left the gold and other precious metals "Standard".

But you can't pay for gas at a truck stop with rocks...
    True, but that's only due to an acceptance of the system fundamentally.

Frankly, I'm disappointed that we live in a society where bartering is shunned.

- - - Updated - - -

rich people aren't REQUIRED to donate money to anyone. by requiring it it no longer becomes charity and instead is mandatory. which defeats the purpose of charity and instead changes it to a handout.
    No, it changes into taxes.

I don't understand why you people think enriching the masses to further enrich your riches isn't a requirement to success. I especially don't understand why you people think spending any kind of money on people is a 'handout'.
    It sounds like a poor person who wishes they had money planning for what they don't want to do with the money.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Have you ever did this crazy thing and put pictures that are important to you on 2 different devices, like maybe a hard drive and a flash USB? Well.. you can do that with bitcoin too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Really the downtime on those exchanges in the last 3 days that the actual exchanges reported were misinformation?
    Those people online trying to cash out at 14-15k yesterday were making their stories up?
    "you pray that one of the exchanges is actually open, not crashing long enough for you to actually trade and that your coins are not stolen during the whole process.

not to mention that there is actually a buyer on the other side....."

I find a pretty big difference in having to wait a couple hours because of high traffic or getting your coins stolen. One is reasonably accepted depending on the site, the other is the most important thing in crypto. You will not lose your coins if you are smart and use a reputable site like coinbase, but yes you may have to wait a couple minutes to cash out at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like you aren't actually sure how 'storing it on a drive' works and what that means. you can have an 'offline wallet' and still keep it easily safe.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab