Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    You literally said it int he post i was responding to, what?
    Please, quote the part where I say "why should you pay respects to your people who died, when all these other people died", if it is literally what I said.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Please, quote the part where I say "why should you pay respects to your people who died, when all these other people died", if it is literally what I said.
    Exactly, and I guess some of us are concerned with the mentality where you can get really upset over a few thousand casualties in an attack (Pearl Harbor or 9/11), then blindly worship uniform while forgetting completely the hundreds of thousands of casualties that result from the response that isn't at all measured.
    You literally said, way to get all upset about a few thousands deaths and then go kill hundreds of thousands, either you're English is bad, you don't really understand the context of your words, or you just like to pretend you didn't say anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    You can't just bury your head in the sand and go LALALA NATION BASHING every time someone raises valid concerns about how us foreign policy.

FACTS are not nation bashing
    This thread is LITERALLY about remembering those that died at Pearl Harbor, and you went all high and mighty and off topic.

Which started with every single post on the the front page having some sort of negative implications towards America and Americans.

If you would like to start a topic on what America has done wrong in the past go for it, and stop disrespecting the people that died on this day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    This thread is LITERALLY about remembering those that died at Pearl Harbor, and you went all high and mighty and off topic.

Which started with every single post on the the front page having some sort of negative implications towards America and Americans.

If you would like to start a topic on what America has done wrong in the past go for it, and stop disrespecting the people that died on this day
    Reminding that a war makes victims on both sides is not disrespect

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Reminding that a war makes victims on both sides is not disrespect
    But that's not what today is about. And your ridiculous bias comes out with every statement you make. Japan started it. Japan was going to fight to the "very last person" - including civilians. The United States ended it. War isn't pretty, but please have some respect for the people who fight them.

- - - Updated - - -

You literally said, way to get all upset about a few thousands deaths and then go kill hundreds of thousands, either you're English is bad, you don't really understand the context of your words, or you just like to pretend you didn't say anything.
    Nice catch.

People continually forget that there are no easy decisions in war. Nuking Japan wasn't fun/easy/great - but it was the right call at the right time. People also forget that Japan's emperor called for his country to fight to the very last person. But hey, details are inconvenient, right?

You literally said
    either you're English is bad
    You are using "literally" wrong. Which is ironic. Not gonna point out the other irony in the quote because, honestly, I didn't spot it straight away
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2017-12-07 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    You might end up getting reported. This is suppose to turn into a nation bash against the US. Nazi death camps and Japanese death squads were far better alternatives because honestly no one here really had to deal with them. Instead they had to deal with the terror of the US giving them KFC and McDonalds. The golden light glow of those arches haunt many of the world to this day.

I mean it would have been better we just invaded Japan directly and lost a 500k to a million troops on our side and likely most if not all the Japanese army and many, many, many more civilians in the final battles just to not use the nuclear weapons. Of course maybe now in the future we know that it was possible they would have surrendered or given up without the use of the weapons. Amazing what you can do and know like 80 years after the fact with all the documents of both sides and years of study. Or how little it matters while 100s if not 1000s of people are dying daily while you sit around and hope for a peaceful solution at the the end of the greatest war the world has ever known.

Russians should have clearly just surrounded Berlin and not attacked it. It cost to many lives on the German side. So many rapes. So many murders. The Germans could have struck a deal if they were given time right. I mean at that point the war was over right? It was eventual. But it seemed like their lust for revenge and desire for political and territorial power trumped it. Which also played a role in what the US did to Japan as well. Welcome to how the world really works.
    I take my chances and well said, it was pretty obvious after Iwo Jima and the likes that invading japanese mainland would result in crazy amount of death and millions of dead civilians.

Also people dont think of the other options had they not used nukes, they would use airbases on captured islands near japan and bomb the shit out of them the old fashion way with tons of more dead people then using the nukes, and of course the war would have lasted for far longer.

And yes the japanese would have fought to the last man you could see that on the island battles before.

Also funny that not that many know about the japanese warcrimes or the second sino japanese war in general, dont think they teach that much in schools.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Remember, anti-american sentiment is popular on mmo-champ.
    Hehe yeah that i know.

Hey assholes:

This is a thread for remembrance of those who lost their lives in the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Take your nation bashing somewhere else. You have a (legitimate) gripe with US foreign policy, fine. Make a thread about it.

There are people in this thread who had relatives they never got to meet because they died on those boats. Show some respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You are using "literally" wrong. Which is ironic. Not gonna point out the other irony in the quote because, honestly, I didn't spot it straight away
    lit·er·al·ly: in a literal manner or sense; exactly.

I used the world correctly:

"You literally said" - as in, I was quoting 'exactly' what he said, and I was unsure if his mannerism was lost in translation (as his home country has a different language than English) or if he was just being purposely obtuse.

lit·er·al·ly: in a literal manner or sense; exactly.

I used the world correctly:

"You literally said" - as in, I was quoting 'exactly' what he said, and I was unsure if his mannerism was lost in translation (as his home country has a different language than English) or if he was just being purposely obtuse.
    Yeah you didn't interpret what he was saying remotely "exactly", hence you're using "literally" wrong. For someone preaching about English you're pretty bad at using it. By all means go back and correct what you wrote, but sitting here bleating about how you were right is just... comical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Sir_Mark_Oliphant an Australian working for Britain during WWII. They had two spare German scientists who defected from Germany, I guess they were Jews, and they couldn't put them to work on radar cause they were a security risk.

So Sir Mark Oliphant put the two German scientists to work on the atomic bomb. To his surprise they came back and said they could have an atomic bomb ready in two years.

So the British shared this info with the Americans because the Americans had mountains of money and it would take a lot of money to build these.

Canada helped too, they found a way of extracting uranium from ore that was crucial to building the bomb.

I don't know if Oliphant was knighted for his work on the bomb or it was something else he did.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Ok, this thread has gone off the rails and devolved into topics far a field of the topic so I'm going to go ahead and lock this now.