Poll: would you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's just cosmetic, then I have no issue with it and I don't see why anyone would. Just don't buy it if you don't like it and move on with your life.

Blizz would NEVER make pay2win lootboxes, especially after the shitstorm EA was under after the BF2 fiasco.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Old content bosses is lootboxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I feel like WoW has enough RNG as it is so if they were to pile on more RNG in the form of loot boxes I feel that it would turn me away from the game whether it's free or not. Especially after it's been classified as gambling. If Blizzard is going to be that low and continue that business model by adding it to a game that doesn't need it even with all the controversy with EA and their Star Wars Battlefront 2 game then I'm out.

Not only would I be done with WoW but I'd be done with Blizzard totally until they stop. That would tell me that they don't give a shit for their fans, all they care about is making money off us and I'm not going to continue supporting someone like that.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-12-07 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it doesn't have any actual gameplay benefits, I don't care. I'd probably even buy some

As long as Blizz continue to make a game I want to play I couldn't care less what microtransactions they implement.

If it's extra content on top of the normal amount we get, then yes, I'm fine with it. If they suddenly decide that subs are gonna get less content and the rest is going in pay walled loot boxes, then heck no, that's not acceptable.

Sure, introduction of a system similar to Heroes of the Storm or Overwatch sounds good to me, since it may open the door for WoW becoming pay2play or even free2play.

45% for "quitting for good'. Yeah right.....you addicts can never quit this game for good...which is why I voted I'd still play no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Greetings champions, good to see you all!

With the lootbox controversy surrounding almost every new game, I'd like to ask you:

Would you still play WoW if it had lootboxes?

I'll create a poll with some options. Feel free to express why would you play or abandon the game.
    Is it not? Emissary boxes? Raid quest boxes? Mythic+ chests. It is very much lootboxy

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Lets not kid ourselves, no one would actually quit this game for good. Its so much easier said than done.
    I can guarantee you I would. I have no interest playing an MMO where that kind of crap exists. Hence why I play WoW and FF14. Well part of the reason of course.

I quit Rift for partly this reason and have no intent to go back to Guild Wars 2 over it.

Don't speak for me please.

haha what do you mean had? this whole game is based around "loot boxes" they just come in different forms and figures. this doesn't even make sense.You pay $15 dollars a month, you easily kill bosses(at your skill level)/ grind rep then get these "loot boxes" that drop random loot. The game is already what you are describing. I get what you mean, but you just described the game already basically.......

I only PvP so loot boxes don't matter to me.

I use to joke about that, given how activision is among the incarnations of evil in this industry. But if they actually did more than they already do with the store or dare to add even the random gamble element to it, that is the line for me. While I enjoy wasting my time in wow as my go to game, I can live without it and have stopped playing multiple times in the past, usually only returnig to spend some time with the people I've got to know over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    45% for "quitting for good'. Yeah right.....you addicts can never quit this game for good...which is why I voted I'd still play no matter what.
    Just play on a private server hosted in a country that doesn't respond to USA cease and desist, best of both worlds.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Marvel Heroes had a fair balance. You could buy the stuff with real money or grind the ever living shit out of it.

I have no real problem with it IF you can get it all in game with grinding or it is purely cosmetic.

The only scenario i would quit in is so ridiculous that its not worth even thinking about, but here it is - giving current raid tier gear caches for $$.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Is it not? Emissary boxes? Raid quest boxes? Mythic+ chests. It is very much lootboxy
    None of these can be obtained by spending IRL cash

5+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no. Loot boxes are cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but only if you could earn them in-game as well. Also be on cosmetic rewards and not effect gear AT ALL. I've been playing since TBC. If that happens I'm fucking out.

Only if the monthly sub was nixxed and said lootboxes don't contain anything that provides an unfair advantage, i.e. Pay2Win loot. Cosmetics, pets and mounts and such, sure, raid-level gear? Not a snowballs' chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    If you check to see who voted that, and look at their post history, you'd see a bunch have already quit, or so they say. It's inflated because of all the people who sit on MMOC but do not play WoW
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis