Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dying Light gets a Battle Royale-inspired expansion called Bad Blood in 2018

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-blood-in-2018

Zombie kill 'em up Dying Light gets a Battle Royale-inspired standalone PvP expansion called Bad Blood next year.

Techland has yet to release any assets for Bad Blood, so here's a picture of Taylor Swift's Bad Blood instead.
    Developer Techland said Bad Blood comes "as a response to numerous fan requests for a PvP approach to Dying Light, and the recent popularity of the Battle Royale genre among the survival horror fans", which presumably is a nod to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and Fortnite.

The big difference between the likes of PUBG and Bad Blood, however, is Bad Blood is only for five players, and it blends PvP with PvE. Here's how it works: you and five other players are dropped into a hostile, zombie-infested area. Each player has to evacuate before the night falls. You have to scavenge for weapons while harvesting blood samples from the infected.

There's word of dynamic alliances with other players to get tactical against zombie bosses, but you can then turn on your allies to steal their samples. The more samples the players harvest collectively, the more evacuation seats on the chopper are unlocked, but everyone pays for their seat individually.

That's all we've got for now. Dying Light: Bad Blood is due out in 2018.
    Not going to lie that sounds kinda fun. I am really impressed how much support they have been giving the game since its release.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I really hope minesweeper battle royale will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really hope minesweeper battle royale will be next.
    You should read the post and not just the title. It isn't a battle royale clone its inspired by it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I think they shouldn't call it a battle royale expansion since it seems quite different
    Also it makes them look like they're trying to copy all those other games,while in truth,they appear to give it quite a different,and potentially interesting,spin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You should read the post and not just the title. It isn't a battle royale clone its inspired by it.
    Im sure it will be totally diffrent from all those other battle royale games that are totally diffrent from all those other battle royale games.

Deleted
    Im sure it will be totally diffrent from all those other battle royale games that are totally diffrent from all those other battle royale games.
    well the post says that's exactly what's it going to be lmao

but ok you be that guy i guess.

but yeah i will agree with the statement that it doesn't really have to be called a battle royale, since it's not really it, but then they do want to cash out on the crowd that is into that sort of thing and let's not kid ourselves - the br hype is still very strong

the division did exactly the same thing, yet nobody talked about it because they haven't called it a "battle royale expack". techland did their research.

If you read the post you would see it is. They do go into detail about it.

Its not even a long post.

Jesus its like people can only read the title and barely can read that. It says "Battle Royal Inspired" not Battle Royal Clone.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you read the post you would see it is. They do go into detail about it.

Its not even a long post.

Jesus its like people can only read the title and barely can read that. It says "Battle Royal Inspired" not Battle Royal Clone.
    Because all those games are "battle royal inspired" and final product is always same shit. Hell, they use that term for a very obvious reason (aka riding hype train).

Because all those games are "battle royal inspired" and final product is always same shit. Hell, they use that term for a very obvious reason (aka riding hype train).
    Read the post or keep looking ignorant. Your Call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the post or keep looking ignorant. Your Call.
    I read it. Its same "Guys we have this totally original and great" idea talk literally all game reveals have.

I read it. Its same "Guys we have this totally original and great" idea talk literally all game reveals have.
    Clearly you didn't read it since...

1) Its only 5 people not 100.
    2) It has PVE elements in it.

But like I said feel free to look ignorant, By ur logic COD is a battle royal game as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly you didn't read it since...

1) Its only 5 people not 100.
    2) It has PVE elements in it.

But like I said feel free to look ignorant, By ur logic COD is a battle royal game as well.
    Yeah, we will see when it comes out. So far it looks like they try (and are a bit too late) to monetize on hype, while being diffrent enough to fit betwen fortnite and pubg. And 5vs100 doesnt matter when all other people want is to blow your head with sniper riffle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of Spy vs. Spy somehow.

Ah, what a classic...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Nice. It's good to hear that the game is still being given love and attention. I'll have to check in on it again someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Smash Brothers royale next please

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Dying Light but I really don't like the whole PvP bullshit they're pushing on this game. What's next Dyling Light MLG tournaments?

Would much rather have a new story expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's free then maybe they're hoping it will breath new life into the community again and/or sell more copies of the game as right now there's only 2,693 people playing.

It's going to need some type of worthwhile anti cheat so people don't simply use a trainer to get weapons/ammo.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    New cancer of the next years, along with hero shooters.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dying Light is one of my favourite games that I picked up this year on Sale. Never tried it earlier as I thought it was going to be another disappointing Dead Island Clone. Yet they took the Dead Island Formula and Amped it up to 11.

Been loving doing Nightmare Night Runs with friends. Was only saying to them a couple days ago I hope they bring another expansion out after their 10 for 12 event

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    New cancer of the next years, along with hero shooters.
    It's at least better than the run of Action MMO's we've gotten.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Doesn't Fornite as "PvE" elements in it as well? Base build or whatever the shit it is?

Still, are we really going for a “Oh it’s a complete different thing ya ignorant swine!” cuz zombies and a far less players? jeez.
    Base Building isn't PvE. Since you aren't vsing NPC/AI controlled Bases.

Deleted
    do you even know what pve stands for? lol

but yeah sure, a completely diffrent player count, a diffrent set of objectives other than <KILL EVERYONE> and added ai monsters sure don't make it any diffrent from the other br games lmao