Easiest mage tower healing challenge?

All healer specs have the same mage tower challenge. The challenge is not just about healing, but also helping out with CC and DPS. I have some healer alts I want to try it with. Which healer spec is the easiest to do the challenge?
    Last edited by Snorri; 2017-12-07 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    All healer specs have the same mage tower challenge. The challenge is not just about healing, but also helping out with CC and DPS. I have some healer alts I want to try it with. Which healer spec is the easiest to do the challenge?
    Paladin was easiet for me, it did good damage and you could rotate your cc plus cds really good for all the phases

It was a lot easier on my druid than my mistweaver for sure. You basically could tank the adds in bear form and frenzy regen you to full instead of kiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    It was a lot easier on my druid than my mistweaver for sure. You basically could tank the adds in bear form and frenzy regen you to full instead of kiting.
    Oh, definitely forgot about that when I did it on my druid lol. Just ran away in cat form like a dummy, but its just an alt so I think that's fine. Good tip though!

I only did it on priest and it turned me off so much that I have not tried it on another class since then. Stupid NPCs are stupid ><

I've done it on 4 of the 5 healing specs that get this challenge. (Disc gets a dps challenge that is pretty easy if you like that look.)

Order of difficulty, E->H
    1. Druid. This was an alt and I mained boomkin on her and had 0 resto legos. Was super easy. I did this spec after my holy priest look and so I knew the encounter pretty well. Took about 5 tries to do it. The only tricky part for me was the second to last phase with healing the adds so quickly. I don't remember what legos I had at the time exactly but I think I used Eko and sephuz for most of it.
    2. Resto Shaman. Just did this a few days ago as she is my newest healer to cap. The second to last phase is a joke, I had to purposefully let one thru so that I had time to drink and to buy time for cds to be back up. Used prydaz and healing boots for first phases. Switched to hero helm and boots for last 2 phases. Hero is up for a LONG time and lasts through the first two add waves and part of the 3rd.
    3. Mistweaver. Didn't have prydaz but the movement speed helped kiting the soldiers. Had exactly two legos, the pants, and the crappy shoulders. Took maybe 10 tries as I was rusty on the challenge, doing it months after first healers, and I wasn't as familiar with the mw toolkit. I also kept panicking at the last phase. I did my mw 3rd and I was able to do so much damage as ranged healer from my rdruid and hpriest that this phase didn't last so long that the room was filled.
    4. Hpriest. Didn't have prydaz or the cheese cloak. Was 907 and my first healer to run through this gauntlet. Took me 30-40 tries because the double soldier team in the first phase kept destroying me. Once I got past the first phase I got the end the second time seeing that part. Doing damage was the way I had to go in order to make this run go smoother.

^I think individual mileage will vary depending on the familiarity one has with these specs and lego luck.

The only thing I really disliked about the challenge is how long it is, 15-30 mins per good attempt. Whereas dps challenges u can just keep burning through over and over very quickly.

I am not sure I will do this on my Pally alt. I've never played hpal before and she got the crappy plate boots for her first and only lego and that disheartened me. -_- But I said I wouldn't do my shammy and here we are.

i tryed pala cause the weapon looked cool was not realy hard , and i did not even have heal legendarys since my main spec is tank.. oh wait i did not have tank legendarys too... well yeah i did all spec with cross over legendarys , but heal was not realy hard took my about 20 trys with 903 and no real healing xp , i am sure someone who has XP and healing knowledge should make it ... but on an other side a had a main healer friend tell me how he did it with his druid , so just had to try a few things out since i had other spells

- - - Updated - - -

i tryed pala cause the weapon looked cool was not realy hard , and i did not even have heal legendarys since my main spec is tank.. oh wait i did not have tank legendarys too... well yeah i did all spec with cross over legendarys , but heal was not realy hard took my about 20 trys with 903 and no real healing xp , i am sure someone who has XP and healing knowledge should make it ... but on an other side a had a main healer friend tell me how he did it with his druid , so just had to try a few things out since i had other spells

and yeah could have done it in less but since i did not know anything about the challenge i tabbed to the other screen to check something and did not know there was a time limit.. then i fucked up the spec / cd's since i am a pretty bad healer :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought h priest was the easiest; you just rotate shackle undead for the first phase. The last phase was actually the hardest part for me because of the movement, but yeah, I felt with shackle and chastise I had more CC than I needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I'd say H Pallies and Resto Dru have the easiest time doing it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I've only completed the WW monk one and attempted the Subtlety one. I found the WW monk encounter to be very easy and forgiving. WW monks just have so much self healing and CC which completely trivializes the encounter. The encounter itself also just wasn't difficult. Only thing that encounter requires of you is to pay mild attention to your surroundings and to interrupt when needed.

The Subtlety rogue encounter on the other hand I find to be very difficult and requires actual research on what the mechanics of the fight are if you don't want to spend hours figuring out what the mechanics do and how to work around them.
    lul, thread is about the healing challenges.