Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    I just want my company to book me the same room!
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

  2. #102
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Rødgrød med fløde
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    Look at what? your fantasy Aint a fact.
    Look at the net 32billion DKK we spend every year on non-western immigration. Or maybe all the visitation popping up because immigrant gangs are fighting each other?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    It's the reality of their situation. Plus lets be real. There's a lot of anime fans who can speak some japanese. It's not that hard for them to put in the effort to be conversational. They can start off with jobs which require less use of japanese anyways.
    Well, they dont work in Denmark. Hat off to Japan if they can make it work.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Stop killing off women's careers as soon as they're over 20. Accept stay-at-home dads.

    Problem solved...if it weren't for the rigid as fuck societal/culture shite they have going on.
    That's like saying "Make women work as hard as men and accept unpaid overtime and super-competitive environments at work as well as desire to do work-related stuff outside of work, problem solved as far as lack of women representation goes!"

    ...most people are not wired that way.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That's like saying "Make women work as hard as men and accept unpaid overtime and super-competitive environments at work as well as desire to do work-related stuff outside of work, problem solved as far as lack of women representation goes!"

    ...most people are not wired that way.
    No, that's another discussion. The women don't want to be tied down with marriage, so they choose careers over it. Doesn't mean work environments both for men or women are ideal...but that's what they choose to do. So, as a start, accepting stay-at-home dads and working women/moms is something.
    Grawr!

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Funny how you assume that anyone who comes to Japan goes on welfare. That's really racist. In Canada and the U.S. some of the best and brightest are immigrants.
    Didn't take you long you play the race card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    certainly show me date claiming otherwise

    without this its nothing bus bs claims of rasisit alt-rrights who base their political carrier on nithing else but fear of unknown and rasism


    Even after 15 years of residing in Sweden it's about 65% for labor migrants, just 60% for EU migrants, relatives, refugees and relatives to refugees are at 35% after 15 years. Labor migrants are at 50% the first year. Refugees are at like 5%, after 2 years like 10%.

    Your 80-90% is wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2017-12-08 at 10:33 PM.
    Racism of low expectations
    A form of racial discrimination where certain racial groups are offered benefits and assistance because of an implicit belief that they are less able to cope in society without them.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No, that's another discussion. The women don't want to be tied down with marriage, so they choose careers over it. Doesn't mean work environments both for men or women are ideal...but that's what they choose to do. So, as a start, accepting stay-at-home dads and working women/moms is something.
    It is part of same issue - just like with jobs not many man actually want to be stay-at-home dads, nor do they necessarily well emotionally equipped for first year or two.

    Many can do that if necessary, it's not something sex-exclusive; not many want to.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It is part of same issue - just like with jobs not many man actually want to be stay-at-home dads, nor do they necessarily well emotionally equipped for first year or two.

    Many can do that if necessary, it's not something sex-exclusive; not many want to.
    Yet jobs are still the preferred choice for many women over being caged up in a marriage and just popping out kids. That's the bottom line.
    Grawr!

  9. #109
    While Japanese culture is stifled and definitely in trouble, population decline is a good thing and would be a good thing for all future generations of human on planet Earth.

    Less people = less demand for climate altering energy/food sources and less want for environmental destruction like clearcutting.
    Things to laugh at:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    The choice of what your sexual orientation is is not a civil right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    Im pretty sure you're one of those who accused people of sexual harassment for no other reason than eleminating competition in your workspace.

  10. #110
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    15,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Unless you give people an (monetary) incentive to have kids, I see this trend continuing.
    Just for the record, Japan's been doing this lately in the form of notable tax breaks and other benefits to combat their aging population problems. Another issue is that the whole NEET/Hikkikomori issue is growing due to shifting sensibilities in younger Japanese citizens and the pervasive stigma against psychology, leading to these youth cracking and becoming shut-ins whose parents are ill-equipped to help them work through their breakdown (and unwilling to seek outside help in all but the most extreme cases, because doing so is viewed as a failure on the parents' end to provide for their child and prepare them for the 'real world'). Then there's the pressure of Japan's Lost Decade coming to a close (if it every really was a thing, but that's economic theories beyond me) so younger workers are being pressured to focus on their careers in order to ensure the economic bounceback takes place and isn't temporary.

    There's a lot of factors at work and it all really boils down to how Japanese society is obsessed with saving face, maintaining the status quo for fear of being seen as a troublemaker, and elements of the growing rift between older generations and younger generations seen elsewhere in the modern, industrialized world. Nobody wants to pull the trigger, so to speak, that would push for some very uncomfortable growing pains in their society and political sphere, same as here in America albeit under different values/reasons/'rules.'

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    While Japanese culture is stifled and definitely in trouble, population decline is a good thing and would be a good thing for all future generations of human on planet Earth.

    Less people = less demand for climate altering energy/food sources and less want for environmental destruction like clearcutting.
    The problem is that Japan's population currently isn't sustainable. If their birth rates don't increase soon, their economy could collapse within the next few generations due to a lack of workers and a strict policy regarding immigration and migrant workers.

  11. #111
    The Lightbringer ForLoveOfMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Yet jobs are still the preferred choice for many women over being caged up in a marriage and just popping out kids. That's the bottom line.
    Most women have jobs in the western world but most of them also have kids, they make the time, it's in their biology. Any women in her 30s childless will tell you about the urge to have a kid, it's very primal. I wouldn't put the blame on the job that much, only alpha females are into career so hard that they might ignore biology telling them to have a kid, the rest will follow and have kids.

    I would say that the morality and virtues changed so some women that aren't alpha's but want to have kids find that they have a hard time finding a mate to marry and have a kid. State wants to fix it with welfare for single mothers, but it's tone at expense of the nuclear family, the best enviroment to raise a kid.

  12. #112
    I am Murloc! Darkeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    5,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Get some Muslims. I heard they have high birth rates.
    When you have so many accounts that you can't remember if you logged in on the Alt-Righter to throw jabs at Muslims or on the Anarchist account to bring down the city hall.

  13. #113
    Elemental Lord Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Multicultural Orgrimmar
    Posts
    8,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    [snip]

    Do what we do, problem solved. We should swap about 8 million Mexicans for some more Chinese though. The US won't have a demographic problem for the next 50 years at least that means someone is going to pay for my old age pension.
    Replacement migration is a horrible idea all around, and Japan should remain Japanese.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Yet jobs are still the preferred choice for many women over being caged up in a marriage and just popping out kids. That's the bottom line.
    Preferred choice under which circumstances? Perhaps it is financial pressures that are making them forego having kids and focus on career?

    For example, in Russia there is a Maternity Capital program where you get payments for kids starting from second one. Substantial sum - about year and half of average wages. Statistics show that it works quite well.

  15. #115
    The Unstoppable Force Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA - USA
    Posts
    21,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Preferred choice under which circumstances? Perhaps it is financial pressures that are making them forego having kids and focus on career?

    For example, in Russia there is a Maternity Capital program where you get payments for kids starting from second one. Substantial sum - about year and half of average wages. Statistics show that it works quite well.
    I think a program like this, is really the only sound way to go until having kids is not a monetary/time burden for most people.



  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Funny how you assume that anyone who comes to Japan goes on welfare. That's really racist. In Canada and the U.S. some of the best and brightest are immigrants.
    Hows it racist? He didnt point out a single race. It is true that most immigrants DO go on welfare when they enter a new country. Those "best and brightest" are few and far in between in the scope of things.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    When you have so many accounts that you can't remember if you logged in on the Alt-Righter to throw jabs at Muslims or on the Anarchist account to bring down the city hall.
    Well, middle-eastern families do have one of the highest birth rates in the world.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Most women have jobs in the western world but most of them also have kids, they make the time, it's in their biology. Any women in her 30s childless will tell you about the urge to have a kid, it's very primal. I wouldn't put the blame on the job that much, only alpha females are into career so hard that they might ignore biology telling them to have a kid, the rest will follow and have kids.

    I would say that the morality and virtues changed so some women that aren't alpha's but want to have kids find that they have a hard time finding a mate to marry and have a kid. State wants to fix it with welfare for single mothers, but it's tone at expense of the nuclear family, the best enviroment to raise a kid.
    There's been shifts lately, more and more women (and men) focus on themselves and their immediate relationship, foregoing children. 'Primal' instinct is not that hard-wired.

    And the east is much more rigid with how they treat genders in the workplace, hence japanese women just not forming steady relationships with romantic partners at all, because it'll impact their job and chances at promotions. It's not that strict in the west, so women can have jobs and a family life if they choose.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Preferred choice under which circumstances? Perhaps it is financial pressures that are making them forego having kids and focus on career?

    For example, in Russia there is a Maternity Capital program where you get payments for kids starting from second one. Substantial sum - about year and half of average wages. Statistics show that it works quite well.
    We're talking about japan, not russia. And it's a societal pressure. Get a long-term boyfriend/husband? You're pretty much guaranteed to not get a promotion from then on because you're just expected to have kids and then either work the job you have now, or preferrably just become a stay-at-home mother while the dad works his ass off to support.
    Grawr!

  18. #118
    demographic time bomb" for these "scientists" and opinion makers means open the doors to the arab world and flood japan

  19. #119
    Herald of the Titans Lemons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Most women have jobs in the western world but most of them also have kids, they make the time, it's in their biology. Any women in her 30s childless will tell you about the urge to have a kid, it's very primal. I wouldn't put the blame on the job that much, only alpha females are into career so hard that they might ignore biology telling them to have a kid, the rest will follow and have kids.
    I think you're underestimating the Japanese work ethic and how much the women there work: http://www.news18.com/news/lifestyle...y-1593725.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •