Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Class-Personality Sterotypes

Do you guys ever feel weird playing a class that doesn't fit your personality? Do you think classes tend to attract similar like minded individuals? Example being, I always find Druids are pretty solid team players, and I find PVE Warriors are usually pretty chill and funny dudes.
    "It really do be like that sometimes..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Given my personality, I should be playing a Priest... but there are so much of those around I just can't. ._.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

I will always think that rogues are assholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I always imagine rogues being assholes too, but in PVE they're usually pretty fun dudes who like to spaz all over my screen by jumping around and moving sporadically on the boss lol!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play basically anything.

The only time I struggle with it is in games with Alignment. If I'm playing SWTOR for example, even when I play the Sith side I struggle to play an "evil" Sith and end up being either Neutral or Light Side.

Playing Edgy types of Evil characters just never lets me get immersed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was like that in Classic, but now there are so many people playing multiple classes or who at least tried out most of them

With all the homogenization going on, class personality is mostly gone anyway

Never met a warrior (main) who wasn't an asshole .

I couldn't be any more different than my Paladin... I hate religion and don't believe in deities... Or holyness...

Problem is, i allways played Warriors in other mmos and i really wanted to have some magical aspect to them, but they never had... Untill i found Paladins in WoW...

Madness will consume you!!!

Yes, I'm an asshole. Every rogue is asshole, especially the undead ones.

My experience with people in WoW:
    Rogues? Elitists, assholes or chill/funny guys.
    Druids? Either pro or just girls(who can be pro also, but I know a few that are not), there's nothing between.
    Hunters? Huntards or girls who want to have a pet.
    Priests? Same case as druids.
    Warlocks? Usually chill guys.
    Mages? Rarely talks, they just do their job, sometimes they're funny.
    Paladins? Kids who want to be a hero or older people(+30) who just enjoy the gameplay.
    DHs? Pros or kids.
    DKs? Almost the same case as Paladins, but there are a few assholes.
    Monks? A mix of chill and elitists.
    Shamans? A mix of chill and nice people.
    Warriors? Elitists or kids.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-12-08 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe that's why I hate all the hunters :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Never met a warrior (main) who wasn't an asshole .
    I think I did, once, but it could have been a DK

Warrior - respectable, leadertype if prot
    Hunter - mostly clueless dumbasses
    Shaman - weird guys but competitive players
    Paladin - perfectionists obsessed in their self-image
    Druid - social, friendly towards everybody

Im a Druid and I always help everyone I meet. Even healing people I’m not grouped with if I see they’re going to die. I also cuddle rabbits and volunteer at a local faerie dragon sanctuary in Feralas.

This thread would have been more interesting in the past when a main actually meant something but I'll roll with it.

Druid myself - INFJ irl..actually see the connection there.

All of our druids in Vanilla were pretty laid back, welcoming, cool sort of people.

As opposed to say warriors - testosterone driven, competitive loudmouths and total primadonas.

PS; partly j/k...loved our warriors too

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    This thread would have been more interesting in the past when a main actually meant something but I'll roll with it.

Druid myself - INFJ irl..actually see the connection there.

All of our druids in Vanilla were pretty laid back, welcoming, cool sort of people.

As opposed to say warriors - testosterone driven, competitive loudmouths and total primadonas.

PS; partly j/k...loved our warriors too
    When I was in grade school, I saw a Wowcrendor video about class sterotypes, and thought the same thing about Warriors; that is what ultimately turned me away from them at first lol!

Deleted
    It's true the DHs i met are often noobs who don't know how to play well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizitzz View Post
    Do you guys ever feel weird playing a class that doesn't fit your personality? Do you think classes tend to attract similar like minded individuals? Example being, I always find Druids are pretty solid team players, and I find PVE Warriors are usually pretty chill and funny dudes.
    Not really, then again, classes that fits me are played more. I don't feel weird about it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    We are assholes, but we are your assholes in a guild. That kind of loyalty is hard to come by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the rogues I've met are either super troll (not always in a bad way) or just the silent types. Warriors come in all flavors. Healers are generally chill and so are tanks but with a bit more authority.