Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Do you have any idea why playing WoW costs ? I doubt it... Educate before posting

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Going by that logic, Civ 3 was way expensive too. I bought a deck of cards for $1 and have used them for 20 years. 20 years later, still $1.
    Compared to WoW, Civ III was the biggest return of investment i ever had.

If you only play 20 hours a month that is YOUR problem not the business models also free to play models are garbage and very limiting so NO WoW should not go free to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Inflation. Salaries haven't stayed the same, number of people on the teams haven't stayed the same, amount of content hasn't stayed the same, etc.
    What inflation? There has not been any inflation in europe in the last 8 years.

No? You both could have played the same amount and choose not too. It's not blizzard's fault you have a life.
    You're not being rational. If Blizzard dropped the price to $10 a month, are you saying you would complain? No. You wouldn't.

On the other hand, if they went truly F2P, then I think that would be harmful to WoW. You might end up with millions of bots that ruin the game for actual players. I'd rather they go to a B2P model than a F2P model, but you would have to pay full price for the base game and every expansion pack. I don't know how they would handle it for existing accounts with the battle chest, but maybe they could grandfather existing accounts prior to the change. Maybe they could still give away all the old stuff, but you still have to pay for each new expansion if you go away for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Compared to WoW, Civ III was the biggest return of investment i ever had.
    And a deck of cards is 20 times the return on that! Why are you even playing video games, clearly cards are the way to go if cost/benefit is an issue to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayx View Post
    Do you have any idea why playing WoW costs ? I doubt it... Educate before posting
    Because of the traffic and the hardware they need to maintain. And to pay all those guys working in their service i assume.

- - - Updated - - -

And a deck of cards is 20 times the return on that! Why are you even playing video games, clearly cards are the way to go if cost/benefit is an issue to you.
    You use an apple to compare it to an orange, while i compare a video game with a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You're not being rational. If Blizzard dropped the price to $10 a month, are you saying you would complain? No. You wouldn't.

On the other hand, if they went truly F2P, then I think that would be harmful to WoW. You might end up with millions of bots that ruin the game for actual players. I'd rather they go to a B2P model than a F2P model, but you would have to pay full price for the base game and every expansion pack. I don't know how they would handle it for existing accounts with the battle chest, but maybe they could grandfather existing accounts prior to the change. Maybe they could still give away all the old stuff, but you still have to pay for each new expansion if you go away for too long.
    What did the price dropping have to do with the price of tea in china? They said it isn't fair that someone playing 200 hours a month pays the same price as someone who plays 10 hours a month, and of course it is.

So your pay hasn't gone up at all in that time? Other things haven't changed in price? Okay so you're blatantly trolling now, thanks for confirming.

Again. You can play for free with gold. Stop ignoring specific points that blatantly counter your entire argument.

I dont want to pay 13€ a month for playing it 5 out of 30 evenings a month.

Free 2 play is way more reasonable for a old game like this.
    It is free to play, I have not paid a single dime since wow tokens were introduced. I purchased enough time when tokens were at 20k to get 36 months worth. I would had purchased more but apparently you can only use 36 tokens per 24 months on game time.
    Build your own Nes Classic Edition ** Arthas is Anduin's Father
    | AMD Ryzen 1800x| MSI B350 TOMAHAWK| EVGA GTX 1080 SC| 32GB Dom Platnium| 960 EVO M.2 1TB SSD| 4TB WD HD| Define R5|
    | I7-7700k @ 4.8| Asus TUF Z270 MARK 1| EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3| 16GB Corsair Veng RGB | NZXT S340 Elite|

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    So your pay hasn't gone up at all in that time? Other things haven't changed in price? Okay so you're blatantly trolling now, thanks for confirming.
    Not trolling at all. It is you who talked about inflation while there was none.

What? Are you for real?

What did the price dropping have to do with the price of tea in china? They said it isn't fair that someone playing 200 hours a month pays the same price as someone who plays 10 hours a month, and of course it is.
    It isn't, though. Blizzard just doesn't have to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    It is free to play, I have not paid a single dime since wow tokens were introduced. I purchased enough time when tokens were at 20k to get 36 months worth. I would had purchased more but apparently you can only use 36 tokens per 24 months on game time.
    So i only have to play a lot to pay the game. But i play 5 days a month. And pay the same as a 500 hour player would pay.

Because of the traffic and the hardware they need to maintain. And to pay all those guys working in their service i assume.

- - - Updated - - -

You use an apple to compare it to an orange, while i compare a video game with a video game.
    Oh okay, I bought Super Mario Bros. 27 years ago and it still works. Best investment ever, you should clearly just go and buy a copy of that. There you go, video game to video game. (pro tip: In this example a deck of cards is the same as a video game, as we're talking about items purchased purely for entertainment value, meaning that in this case a video game is equal to other games, movies books and anything else people spend money on for entertainment purposes.)

playing 5 days a month still means you are only paying about 3$ a day to play
    now consider that to something like going out to eat, or watching a movie at atheater, or going out to a play or concert.
    they ALLLLL cost way more then 3$ for a day of entertainment
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    I was a "Warlock main" In vanilla and i think soulshards disappeared upon logging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What? Are you for real?
    Sure, have you checked the inflation rates in europe?

Look up how restricted "free" games can be....limited bag space, no access to raids etc etc. Every "free" game that I checked out, I would gladly end up paying the full access fee.

If 2 Euros an evening is too much for you...well...there are plenty of free games.

Sure, have you checked the inflation rates in europe?
    Yet the WoW sub stayed unchanged (yes, I know, couple places with exeptions) for 13 years....

A game will go free to play only if that would be more profitable. This is not the case for WoW, so no. :>
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook

Oh okay, I bought Super Mario Bros. 27 years ago and it still works. Best investment ever, you should clearly just go and buy a copy of that. There you go, video game to video game.
    You again compare apples with oranges, as you compare an outdated game with a current game lifecycle. I played Civ III for ten years and i played WoW for ten years, so it is comparable.

And hey.. new development is paid by the expansion costs i did not add into the 1.560 €