Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't think boycotting would work.

The main issue for me is that Trion has done this time and time again.
    By "boycotting" I mean not buying the caches at all and stick to the game. Still thinking of Shadow of War on this because caches there don't seem to be too invasive but they are still there and I don't like that.
    Back on topic, I've never even played Rift, but it sure looks like a last attempt at getting money before the game is over forever. I doubt anyone would buy a cache for the game right now, but I've seen people dumping inexcusable amount of money on overglorified flash games, so I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    By "boycotting" I mean not buying the caches at all and stick to the game. Still thinking of Shadow of War on this because caches there don't seem to be too invasive but they are still there and I don't like that.
    Back on topic, I've never even played Rift, but it sure looks like a last attempt at getting money before the game is over forever. I doubt anyone would buy a cache for the game right now, but I've seen people dumping inexcusable amount of money on overglorified flash games, so I dunno.
    Trust me. There are whales who do mate.

It happened with raid gear when that was a big thing back in NMT. You could tell who bought their gear just to get into the current raid.

What in the hell? Isn't this the exact thing that we've been railing against since the f2p model came out in SL? Despite being reassured hundreds of times by the dev team and community members that this wasn't going to happen? What a damn cancer to introduce into your game. That would be the nail in the coffin folks, as much as I hate to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    What in the hell? Isn't this the exact thing that we've been railing against since the f2p model came out in SL? Despite being reassured hundreds of times by the dev team and community members that this wasn't going to happen? What a damn cancer to introduce into your game. That would be the nail in the coffin folks, as much as I hate to say it.
    Worst part is there are people defending this.

After a patch that had 2 pieces of content you really can't.

Wow is stil the best mmo in the market, every other mmo has microtransactions that benefit you highly in gameplay, honestly i think wow will have a resurgence, the formula cant be beat

Worst part is there are people defending this.

After a patch that had 2 pieces of content you really can't.
    Just off the top of my head, a horrific expansion launch, classes utterly broken, hybrid don't exist, open world content on the back burner, raids are terrible the class dev just left without a replacement, absolute silence from the team about everything going on, terrible grinds, RNG out the ass. The only word that comes to mind for all of the is incompetence.

remember you're not in azeroth anymore.

that's right we're on argus because no-one is playing rift! lul, 250$ to buy some best gear what a joke, just go mobile already people expect and accept every mobile game is pay 2 win so no-one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I honestly thought Rift had disappeared...
    Hehehe...

- We're not in Azeroth anymore!
    *Tumbleweeds*
    - OK back to Azeroth, WOO!

To be fair I never took the "we're not in Azeroth" thing seriously.

It's just so frustrating to watch this happen to what was once an amazing game.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Wow is stil the best mmo in the market, every other mmo has microtransactions that benefit you highly in gameplay, honestly i think wow will have a resurgence, the formula cant be beat
    Seems it's already happening, just look at the positivity and view count for the BfA cinematic.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved playing it, to be fair. However my back-then potato couldn't handle it, and my choice was between a sub to Rift or a sub to WoW at the time. Loved derping around with my Bard/Hunter/Whatchamacallit Dwarf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good lord. I stopped playing this game when they gutted the Reaver and Warlord specs for warriors. Picked it up a little for Nightmare Tide, dropped it just as fast because it became 'Pay To Win', which is a horrible format for any game, let alone a MMO.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Trion did something P2W with Rift and didn't fix anything...

Here is my shocked face...............

Personally I think the only reason Rift is still going is because it is Trion's Flagship game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

That was the first thing that put me off, that statement was so obnoxious and arrogant, and ironically it was like the biggest wow clone I've ever seen. Then every piece of news I've heard about it since then has made me more and more happy I never invested in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    That was the first thing that put me off, that statement was so obnoxious and arrogant, and ironically it was like the biggest wow clone I've ever seen. Then every piece of news I've heard about it since then has made me more and more happy I never invested in it.
    To be fair I like that kind of advertising.

It reminded me of the days when Sega and Nintendo used to go at each other.

But well right now I'd rather be anywhere than Telara.

Oh look, I got a temp ban from the forums because I asked about what is going on. You know what, that's fine. Clearly the team doesn't care about their product, so neither will I.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame how the game has fallen, had a interesting class system.

Deleted
    TBF Rift has been P2W for a long time now. I gave up on it a long time ago when they implemented this crap. I wont play a P2W game so it instantly went the way of the dinosaur. I really cant say im surprised they are doing this even further. Trion arent exactly known for a flawless record.

I started playing rift almost 2 years ago? played for about 3 months and quit because of the lack of end game content. it just felt like it was all pvp and pay to win at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    Nobody is forcing you to buy anything.
    Not being forced to buy doesn't mean it's not a horrible business practice. Trying to use this tired old line as a shield against criticism is pointless when you realise that it is nothing more than a deflection.

If you had anything that resembled a cohesive defence, you wouldn't have to resort to merely deflecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally I think the only reason Rift is still going is because it is Trion's Flagship game.
    I think you're half right. It's still Trions flagship game, and it's failure would look extremely bad for them as a company, but at the same time I do still think it's making them at least enough money to keep itself afloat for the time being. As I'm sure you've realised, Rift seems to have no shortage of white knights, and I'm sure at least some of them are coughing up the cash regularly.

I do not think Rift is capable of supporting some of Trions failures however. The implications there are troubling; Trion are trying to squeeze their loyalest supporters for even more cash rather than trying to bring in new players. They've caught the Whales with their nets and harpoons and are slowly bleeding them for as much money as they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you guys tweet that senator that is investigating loot boxes in Star Wars Battlefront 2 like I just did?

RETWEET till it gets his attention.
    https://twitter.com/WockyCC/status/939002007561560065

Let the US government investigate. Maybe, it will finally put an end to all these F2P type games and then we can work on these DLC heavy games next?

Last edited by theWocky; 2017-12-08 at 05:39 AM.