Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolbjorn View Post
    Your position seems to be based on "What Wiedzemir wants" rather than "What technical and marketing issues is Blizzard to solve, and what models have been shown to work in the market."
    Like RuneScape Classic? Isn't it funny how you easily brush off what other people want because you want something else while ignoring "models have been shown to work in the market".
    Last edited by Wiedzemir; 2017-12-07 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Like RuneScape Classic? Isn't it funny how you easily brush off what other people want because you want something else while ignoring "models have been shown to work in the market".
    Hey, if you want a f2p, microtransaction/gambling based version of Vanilla... I mean, I guess you could want that? I don't think that's what most people are thinking though, and I'm pretty sure they're looking at subscription models.

You don't know what I want. I'm simply describing what I see as likely given what we can observe about the potential customer base, availability of content, financial/business context Blizzard sits in, and the technical capabilities of the team/engine.

Youd get BC unlocked before seasons. Just can't see seasons being a legitimate reason for enough people to keep playing a static game like WoW

7+ Year Old Account
    They could run it alongside the normal vanilla realms couldn't they?

Think theyd be wary of how thin they split the population on classic realms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Lol... seriously? :P

Dude, I'm considering doing Classic server as I would make a fortune when all the raiders prep up and suddenly say "WTF!? Stonescale Potions need FISH!?!" ;P

Most people would have NO clue what they're running into, or are forgetting SOOO much about the past.
    And people like you forget all the advancements and knowledge that has been farmed over the years.

When Classic launches and Icyveins or Wowhead make their Classic divison, all that info will be disseminated to the masses.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Forget it! This aint Diablo.
    To time-consuming to just restart seasons. What the will do is add expansionservers to copy/paste to.
    They are doing the same on my private server and I bet that's exactly their plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they don't go full on with progression servers I could see them leaving whatever they decide "Classic" is up for a year and then fiddling with it by adding something like seasons or different rewards. I don't honestly think that WoW is a very good candidate for something like seasons or personal leader boards. The PVE leveling game isn't really amenable to something like that.

If you want to start over, roll a new character and bang! A personal season.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Well, people already "make their own fun" through speed runs and such on Private servers.

No reason for why Blizzard couldn't make it happen with actual design. Of course, the rabid purists might hate them for it...

Considering in the past alot of people did not complete the end game raiding, I think they are set for more than two years of Vanilla and they will probably go with TBC servers, also for more than two years of content. ( Atunnement and shit) so people would kill Lady Vashj, Archi and Illidan.

Icy vein and site like that could put all the informations they want, but it will not change the fact that you need to work you ass off to farm your profession, travelling, level grinding, world pvp, mobs won't share loots or kill.

Retailers will shit in their pants when they will go to the trainer with 21 coppers and they won't have any enough cash to buy their spells and later on buy their mounts.
    And everyone will think of the smart move to take on mining/herb and realising everyone is a miner with no copper ore on the map.

So I'm not expecting any form of seasons.

For this to happen, If Blizzard stick to the Vanilla formula.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Only 2 items drop per boss, the simple gearchecks will keep people from steamrolling so hard.
    Do you have a link or source for this?

Not being snooty, argumentative, or confrontational. I just remember the loot drops much differently then you.

As a vanilla player who played up to 4H which broke my guild. I very clearly remember many bosses who dropped more than 2 items.

Like Garr from MC i distinctly remember getting the lightforge helm, helm of might, and the obsidian edged blade on one of our kills.

On a Ragnaros kill I remember getting judgement pants, bloodfang pants, band of accuria, and a perdition blade dropped all at once.

On Razorgore I remember getting the the bloodfang bracers, bindings of transcendence, and arcane infused gem.

On Chromaggus I remember the bow(sorry dont remember the name) Judgement spaulders and Transcendance shoulders as well.

Hell on Nefarian I swear that guy dropped two chests and weapon every time we killed him in addition to this head(100% drop which gave a epic for turning in the quest) and a bunch of gem bags etc.

I would really appreciate a link to back up your claim. Because right now I feel like i'm going mental because i very distinctly remember it being the very contrary to your statement. I remember anywhere from 3-5 epics per boss. Except Gehennas i swear that dude only dropped two epics every time.

But then again it has been 13 years and I'm getting older so i very well could be loosing my mind =P
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolbjorn View Post
    Yep, they'll be doing something like that. Here's the reference model:

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-wh...ression-server
    This is pre interesting... If ppl are playing the EQ progression servers and actually like them, i could see WoW give it a whirl down the line...

People wanted WoW version 2, this is a way i see it happening (taking the original and adding small tidbits based on community vote first and foremost. Would be pretty cool to see it play out, like OP's seasonal suggestion.)

(Classic severs first, of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    And people like you forget all the advancements and knowledge that has been farmed over the years.

When Classic launches and Icyveins or Wowhead make their Classic divison, all that info will be disseminated to the masses.
    ...you do realize Wowhead was around durring the end of Classic, right? (part of me wants to say that icyveins was too, but I can't remember offhand)

Sure, things have progressed alot since then with those sites, but people like you forget all the long-since abandoned designs in WoW. Ever remember Resistance check requirements? Princess Huhuran in AQ40 required massively crafted Nature resist gear with mats not easily farmed, actually many came from the random Emerald Dragon raid bosses that appeared accross the world.

I don't care how effective Icyveins/WoWhead is today - they still can't overturn overworld boss spawntimers and potential competition... especially when you're dealing with outfitting 40 people with special raid gear, not paltry 25 man ones. :P

Everquest's model is the wrong way to do this, because it leads to abandoned servers they eventually have to merge. What happens is: they release a vanilla server, everyone rushes over and plays the shit out of it until it eventually progresses past people's nostalgia point, and then everyone jumps ship for the next fresh server.

If Blizzard wants to keep it to minimal servers and not have the players spread out, they will need some kind of periodic reset mechanic to keep players interested and keep them rerolling.

Pure classic. Or burn it to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...you do realize Wowhead was around durring the end of Classic, right? (part of me wants to say that icyveins was too, but I can't remember offhand)

Sure, things have progressed alot since then with those sites, but people like you forget all the long-since abandoned designs in WoW. Ever remember Resistance check requirements? Princess Huhuran in AQ40 required massively crafted Nature resist gear with mats not easily farmed, actually many came from the random Emerald Dragon raid bosses that appeared accross the world.

I don't care how effective Icyveins/WoWhead is today - they still can't overturn overworld boss spawntimers and potential competition... especially when you're dealing with outfitting 40 people with special raid gear, not paltry 25 man ones. :P
    lmao outfitting is nothing these days, even easier with DM released.

everyone knows pre-bis farm guides, mind control tricks, resistance minimums and everything they didn't back then. No more T0 farming like old day scrubs.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.