Poll: Worst?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quaking Palm is by far the worst, dont think i have used it once in ameaningful way.

Cant understand why anyone voted arcane torrent, i would say it is the best by quite a large margain.

gift of a naaru for sure. Given how many specs and classes get a heal of some sort now'a days it's a boring ability with a boring effect.

Deleted
    Gift of the Naaru is useless, it does absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Definitely not, it is the best racial for healers if you playing at high end pvp, since you can dodge a CC using it and it will not share CD with your trinket.

Also, if you are a feral you can use it to buff your rake, which is already your highest damage ability by an extra 100%.
    Well then I guess only madmen would vote Shadowmeld.

Only reason quaking palm isn't #1 is because it's last on the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I often forget we even have racials. I hardly use them anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    rocket barrage is the worst because nobody would ever use it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gift of the Naaru and/or Stoneform. Because i never, ever find either of them necessary or useful.
    The Goblin Rocket barrage racial is go garbage i had forgotten it even existed. Rocket jump, on the other hand is great.

Will of the Forsaken and Shadowmeld on the other hand are stupidly useful. OP even. I literally prefer nelfs as a race because of Shadowmeld, even though im not really a fan of how night elves look ingame. In dungeons/PVP WotF is incredibly useful as well.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-12-08 at 08:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally find the Orc racial Command to be very underwhelming. Having 1% pet damage increase is only useful to a handful of classes/specs, it might as well be removed and it won't make a difference.

Gift of the Naaru

Rocket Barrage, closely followed by Quaking Palm.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I am surprised people voted for Arcane Torrent ... yeah, because a silence/interrupt is never useful. Especially one that gives you resources for your other abilities.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am surprised people voted for Arcane Torrent ... yeah, because a silence/interrupt is never useful. Especially one that gives you resources for your other abilities.
    It's not like it's the best M+ racial in the game or anything.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Deleted
    Probably the goblin racials, i forgot what they even were until i came to this thread.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Goblin:
    Rocket Barrage = terrible, doesn't scale to Legion standards.
    Rocket jump = awesome, as it doesn't need a "path" like some other spells.

However even worse.
    Allied races:

Nightborne :
    1% magic damage dealt (doesn't affect physical damage/healing/absorbs)
    1% less magic damage taken (doesn't affect physical damage taken)
    I put this here cause it takes up 2 racials

Main reason I say it's bad when you compare it to Highmountain, 1% versatility simply is better in most situations, and only takes up 1 racial.

1% versatility = ALL damage/healing/absorbs increased by 1%, ALL damage reduced by 0.5%

On top of that Highmountain get another passive damage taken.

I hope this gets changed before launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emos View Post
    I personally find the Orc racial Command to be very underwhelming. Having 1% pet damage increase is only useful to a handful of classes/specs, it might as well be removed and it won't make a difference.
    Indeed, and again completely outclassed by Highmountain 1% versatility cause it increases the Hunter's damage too.

Now of course orcs got blood fury, but not comparing extra activates here since we don't know the exact power/use of the allied races either.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-08 at 11:02 PM.

I'm wondering if most of the answers come from pvpers, where maybe different racials are useful / useless. From mythic+ point of view (so pve), several anti-cc racials can be utilized, I play mostly alliance, so I see people use every man for himself, escape artist or shadowmeld to "cheese" some m+ mechanics. But I'm pretty sure there are specific abilities undead racial could counter too. Darkflight is useful on a low mobility class like a DK or Warlock (if you don't want to pay hp cost for burning rush or you have different talent picked). Gift of the Naaru is actually useful on my hunter when exhilaration / turtle is on cooldown and I need something extra (I usually can't afford running spirit beast in m+ because you want to have that cr or heroism pet). I was thinking of race changing my hunter to lightforged next expansion but I feel like I'm gonna miss the extra heal.

Obviously anti-cc racials are situational while dps increase racials are nearly always useful to everyone. So yep, horde has the upper hand on that.

Personally I feel quaking palm is the worst, it's a single target melee range cc that breaks on damage - super useless if you compare it to things like warstomp and arcane torrent. Warstomp used to be godly, but they added cast time to it.

And goblin rocket barrage is never used, you always want to save the jump as they share cd.

But come BFA I think Lightforged Draenei will be the worst - who wants a delayed blast of damage target can move out of over berserking or blood fury that directly buffs your class abilities?

Highmountain Tauren's charge, Void Elf's void rift are mobility racials, I don't think these are ever useless (as I said, I don't understand votes on darkflight unless you play some extremely mobile class like feral druid), Nightborne reveal illusion sounds like new and improved version of Human vanilla racial, perception, that only increased your stealth detection, didn't exactly insta reveal it.

From passive racials tons of them are meaningless, like smaller cooldown on archeology digging, 1% damage reduction from specific 1 school of magic, extra rested xp or extra xp from beasts and so forth. There are few that are really good though, like human's extra rep, orc stunned duration reduction, goblin's cheaper vendor prices. Tbh goblin's extra banker access, while non combat racial, is still very handy.

Anyway if I would pick 3 races with least useful overall racial package, counting 4 allied races we know racials of, my 3 top worst would be:
    1. lightforged draenei
    2. pandas
    3. forsaken

On the other hand the 3 best would probably be:
    1. nightborne
    2. goblin
    3. damn hard to decide between troll, blood elf and night elf, all of them are good but in a different way, but each of them has a few meaningless ones too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Goblin:
    Rocket Barrage = terrible, doesn't scale to Legion standards.
    Rocket jump = awesome, as it doesn't need a "path" like some other spells.

However even worse.
    Allied races:

Nightborne :
    1% magic damage dealt (doesn't affect physical damage/healing/absorbs)
    1% less magic damage taken (doesn't affect physical damage taken)
    I put this here cause it takes up 2 racials

Main reason I say it's bad when you compare it to Highmountain, 1% versatility simply is better in most situations, and only takes up 1 racial.

1% versatility = ALL damage/healing/absorbs increased by 1%, ALL damage reduced by 0.5%

On top of that Highmountain get another passive damage taken.

I hope this gets changed before launch.
    The goblin one doesn't take extra racial slot (the two mutually exclusive rockets), they have overall more racials than other races, same for worgen as their shapeshift into human doesn't take a racial slot (it's extra). The Nightborne I'm not really seeing it as so bad, sounds awesome for warlock or mage, as 1% flat damage increase is worth more than 1% crit or 1% haste most other races have in that slot. 1% versatility on Highmountain might be indeed too much. However hard to compare as these races have access to vastly different classes. Well ofc everyone has warrior as option but I wouldn't roll a Nightborne warrior... In the same way as you see people pick trolls for casters like mages and boomkins but you don't see people picking trolls for warriors and dks (if you check top m+ players / top raiders, so min-maxers). The fact racial isn't as good on every class doesn't deny the fact it's VERY strong on some.

The free mailbox and the illusion / invisibility piercing on nightborne sound super cool to me, the second one probably will be very useful in pvp.

But yeah, maybe you're right and I should have valued highmountain higher, among top races...

Still it seems the only horde race (as panda is available to both) with really underwhelming racials is forsaken. The fear breaker had its glory days in early pvp, but was nerfed long ago and the rest of their kit is very uninteresting.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The free mailbox and the illusion / invisibility piercing on nightborne sound super cool to me, the second one probably will be very useful in pvp.
    Oh I agree Nightborne racials outside of the passives, do sound cool and we know very little about their full functionality yet.

And 1% magic damage increase still will work great for mage/lock/shadow+disc priest.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-08 at 11:34 PM.

Highmountain Tauren's charge is warstomp without a cast and directional.
    It's probably going to be the 2nd best M+ racial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    rocket barrage is the worst because nobody would ever use it.
    Rocket jump is great though. I use it a lot both in PvE and PvP
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

First iteration of GotN, completely useless after level 10.
    I've no idea why people are saying the modern GotN is the worst racial, 20% hot over 5 seconds that can crit is a shitload better than healing only for a set amount(Was, like, 500-700 at 70), I completely forgot about quaking palm until this thread.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2017-12-09 at 10:19 AM.