Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Yeti mode is really badly designed lol.

    If you get 2 kills as the Yeti you win 90% of the time because you just spawn camp, it's HEAVILY stacked against the Mei squad unless the great majority are in a stack.

    Easy boxes though so I'm not complaining.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah we get it, you don't like the game. I think shits and giggles is a fine reason to put something in the game.
    That doesn't excuse it for being poorly designed though, lol.

    Your dislike of the game has tainted your opinion on everything and there is nothing overwatch could do to make you happy.
    You say this even though I literally said in my post that the snowball fight mode was fun for what it was (and this is coming from someone who wholly dislikes Overwatch in general).

    If I don't like a game I just don't play it, I don't spend my time casting shadows on stuff I don't enjoy doing. I just go find things I do enjoy doing and talk about that.
    Something tells me it's very likely you do not, and will never, understand having a girlfriend; let alone playing a game she wants to play with you even if you dislike the game and do not play it otherwise, so it's cool.

    I don't like Pokemon, you don't see me going into an elementary school and sitting down with 3rd graders and telling them their game sucks.
    Ignoring the fact you're likening yourself to a third grader (Freudian slip of some sort, hm?), I have every single right to voice a negative opinion about something that you do to voice a positive one. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I'm not allowed to share how I think. Of course, you've already exposed what the kind of person you are with the rest of your post, so it's not surprising that we've reached this level.

    ok thank

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    The Yeti mode is really badly designed lol.

    If you get 2 kills as the Yeti you win 90% of the time because you just spawn camp, it's HEAVILY stacked against the Mei squad unless the great majority are in a stack.

    Easy boxes though so I'm not complaining.
    I think the bigger issue was more that the yeti can constantly leap away (I dunno what the CD is on the leap, but it's pretty short) and there's really no way the Mei players can catch up. Like, maybe some "advanced level tactic" bullshit where a couple of Meis try to catch the yeti where he lands, but even in that unlikely hypothetical the yeti will simply be able to collect meat and get his ult up and kill at least one or two Meis. Every Mei needs to be pumping out pretty high DPS in order to down the yeti before he ults too many times. The yeti can also, apparently, leap off of the side of the map to return to his spawn.

    Juggernaut modes are usually pretty shitty and bad, normally because it's actually hard to make the juggernaut player strong enough (rather than the case of Overwatch, where the juggernaut is way too powerful and hard to catch), so I wasn't expecting much when we played it but god damn the Overwatch team outdid themselves yet again. Just when you think they couldn't understand game design even less than they already do, they give you a fucking orgasm.
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2017-12-23 at 08:48 PM.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    That doesn't excuse it for being poorly designed though, lol.



    You say this even though I literally said in my post that the snowball fight mode was fun for what it was (and this is coming from someone who wholly dislikes Overwatch in general).



    Something tells me it's very likely you do not, and will never, understand having a girlfriend; let alone playing a game she wants to play with you even if you dislike the game and do not play it otherwise, so it's cool.



    Ignoring the fact you're likening yourself to a third grader (Freudian slip of some sort, hm?), I have every single right to voice a negative opinion about something that you do to voice a positive one. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I'm not allowed to share how I think. Of course, you've already exposed what the kind of person you are with the rest of your post, so it's not surprising that we've reached this level.

    ok thank

    - - - Updated - - -



    I think the bigger issue was more that the yeti can constantly leap away (I dunno what the CD is on the leap, but it's pretty short) and there's really no way the Mei players can catch up. Like, maybe some "advanced level tactic" bullshit where a couple of Meis try to catch the yeti where he lands, but even in that unlikely hypothetical the yeti will simply be able to collect meat and get his ult up and kill at least one or two Meis. Every Mei needs to be pumping out pretty high DPS in order to down the yeti before he ults too many times. The yeti can also, apparently, leap off of the side of the map to return to his spawn.

    Juggernaut modes are usually pretty shitty and bad, normally because it's actually hard to make the juggernaut player strong enough (rather than the case of Overwatch, where the juggernaut is way too powerful and hard to catch), so I wasn't expecting much when we played it but god damn the Overwatch team outdid themselves yet again. Just when you think they couldn't understand game design even less than they already do, they give you a fucking orgasm.
    It doesn't need to be well balanced or designed well, its a shits and giggles arcade mode. There is no competetive bracket and it only lasts 3 weeks. I could give two shits if both sides have an equal chance of winning so long as I have fun doing it. You don't have fun doing it, you are welcome to your opinion but this mode was in no means made to be long term content which the game is based around. I had fun flinging Mei's off a cliff edge in a silly mode that has a limited holiday time period, that is good enough for me.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It doesn't need to be well balanced or designed well, its a shits and giggles arcade mode. There is no competetive bracket and it only lasts 3 weeks. I could give two shits if both sides have an equal chance of winning so long as I have fun doing it. You don't have fun doing it, you are welcome to your opinion but this mode was in no means made to be long term content which the game is based around. I had fun flinging Mei's off a cliff edge in a silly mode that has a limited holiday time period, that is good enough for me.
    If this is how you defend a holiday event being shit, I'd hate to see you defend the main game!
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    If this is how you defend a holiday event being shit, I'd hate to see you defend the main game!
    Dude we get it, you hate OW. No need to go around preaching it like a hipster. State your opinion once and move on with your life, you'll find that you're less angry about stupid shit.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    Dude we get it, you hate OW. No need to go around preaching it like a hipster. State your opinion once and move on with your life, you'll find that you're less angry about stupid shit.
    >Responding to a post clearly in tongue-and-cheek ribbing by telling someone to "get less angry about stupid shit", oblivious to the fact that you're the only one getting angry about stupid shit.

    Try again.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    >Responding to a post clearly in tongue-and-cheek ribbing by telling someone to "get less angry about stupid shit", oblivious to the fact that you're the only one getting angry about stupid shit.

    Try again.
    No anger here, just trying to help you out a bit. I also didn't enjoy the yeti event, thought it was boring. But I've also learned in life, it's not worth going off on others if they have a different opinion than me. Was hoping to try to pass that off to you.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    No anger here, just trying to help you out a bit. I also didn't enjoy the yeti event, thought it was boring. But I've also learned in life, it's not worth going off on others if they have a different opinion than me. Was hoping to try to pass that off to you.
    I didn't go off on anyone for having a different opinion. I told someone off for their really shitty post that made a bunch of erroneous accusations towards me. Kind of like what I'm doing right now.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

  9. #29
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,220
    It’s not meant to be good, I mean, he says right there in the video it’s just fun. It’s literally a test feature for a role preference option.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I didn't go off on anyone for having a different opinion. I told someone off for their really shitty post that made a bunch of erroneous accusations towards me. Kind of like what I'm doing right now.
    You told someone off? Wow, big man on the internet. So impressive. Hey guys, I got told off by some random guy on the internet! Like nobody ever has the balls to do that on the internet! I have totally learned MY lesson :P

    You know what you did? You had an opinion. You having an opinion does not make it a fact and does not mean that everyone shares your opinion. You are welcome to your opinion as am I. Your opinion only has validity with you and nobody else in the world really gives a shit. The world does not revolve around you and you are not a representative of the world or even a majority of the world.

    You want to spend your days bitching on the internet about a game you obviously hate so much that you have shit tinted glasses when you look at everything in the game be my guest, it's a waste of your time when you could be spending it doing things that make you happy.

    But you go right on with 'telling me off' because infuriating people wearing shit tinted glasses is what makes me happy.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-12-24 at 05:41 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You told someone off? Wow, big man on the internet. So impressive. Hey guys, I got told off by some random guy on the internet! Like nobody ever has the balls to do that on the internet! I have totally learned MY lesson :P
    Lol.

    You know what you did? You had an opinion. You having an opinion does not make it a fact and does not mean that everyone shares your opinion. You are welcome to your opinion as am I. Your opinion only has validity with you and nobody else in the world really gives a shit. The world does not revolve around you and you are not a representative of the world or even a majority of the world.
    You're calling it an "opinion" now, but you were literally agreeing with me earlier and saying that yeti mode is shit, but that's okay because "it's just for laughs" or whatever. Now it's suddenly an 'opinion'. Right, okay.

    You want to spend your days bitching on the internet about a game you obviously hate so much
    >Makes one post professing negative thoughts about yeti mode

    >"spend all your days bitching on the internet about a game you hate so much"

    ????

    that you have shit tinted glasses when you look at everything in the game be my guest, it's a waste of your time when you could be spending it doing things that make you happy.

    But you go right on with 'telling me off' because infuriating people wearing shit tinted glasses is what makes me happy.
    Oh right, you also accused me of being a hipster because I don't like Overwatch.

    At this point I'm just beating up a dead body. Goodbye.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

  12. #32
    Legendary! Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    6,883
    This has been the worst event for getting skins for me. As someone who doesn't buy loot boxes at a steady playing pace I can pretty much get most of the skins from boxes, but I havenmt got a single skin yet, aside from skins from classic lootboxes :P

    The Summer games event I didn't buy a single loot box and got all but three skins. This year I am loking at getting 0 at this rate, unless they all come at once lol. :P

  13. #33
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    18,134
    Knock it off with the bickering.
    on the youtubes

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

  14. #34
    3 days before the end of the season ! Gotta do those placement matches. T-T
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : S;G (movie).
    Todo list : , S;G0, New Game, Erased.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Lol.



    You're calling it an "opinion" now, but you were literally agreeing with me earlier and saying that yeti mode is shit, but that's okay because "it's just for laughs" or whatever. Now it's suddenly an 'opinion'. Right, okay.



    >Makes one post professing negative thoughts about yeti mode

    >"spend all your days bitching on the internet about a game you hate so much"

    ????



    Oh right, you also accused me of being a hipster because I don't like Overwatch.

    At this point I'm just beating up a dead body. Goodbye.
    I didnt agree with you, you just took what I said and made it fit in your head. I said it wasn't designed to be balanced and was for shits and giggles, You said it was shit. Basic reading comprehension would disprove your theory.

    I never agreed with you. I never said it was shit. I don't know how you managed to blur the lines so much that you thought I was agreeing with you but I'm not at all surprised.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I didnt agree with you, you just took what I said and made it fit in your head. I said it wasn't designed to be balanced and was for shits and giggles, You said it was shit. Basic reading comprehension would disprove your theory.

    I never agreed with you. I never said it was shit. I don't know how you managed to blur the lines so much that you thought I was agreeing with you but I'm not at all surprised.
    You literally said in your earlier posts that it was badly designed but that was okay because the mode is just "for shits and giggles". We are done here.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    You literally said in your earlier posts that it was badly designed but that was okay because the mode is just "for shits and giggles". We are done here.
    My Quote, "It doesn't need to be well balanced or designed well, its a shits and giggles arcade mode."

    I did not say "It is badly designed and not well balanced" I said it didn't need to be. I did not agree with you at all, you just made it up in your head so you could think you were right in some argument on the internet.

    Even if I did say that it isn't the same as saying it is shit.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-12-26 at 03:25 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  18. #38
    The Hanzo set is so bad.... Apart from others, I actually like Ana and Sombra

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    My Quote, "It doesn't need to be well balanced or designed well, its a shits and giggles arcade mode."

    I did not say "It is badly designed and not well balanced" I said it didn't need to be. I did not agree with you at all, you just made it up in your head so you could think you were right in some argument on the internet.

    Even if I did say that it isn't the same as saying it is shit.
    All this because you can't admit you were wrong. Delicious.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

  20. #40
    Sombra looks cool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •