Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Return of Winter Wonderland

New event Yeti Hunting, 5 Meis Vs Winston.

New skins for Junkrat and Roadhog, and also the casual Hanzo skin from last year's reflections comic. Am actually weirdly looking forward to that, I don't really play Hanzo at all but that skin looks really cool.

Besides the skins, can't wait for that Yeti hunt!
    Too Greedy - my blog about WoW and Gold

10+ Year Old Account
    Ana

Bastion

Hanzo

Junkrat

Roadhog

Soldier 76

Sombra
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-12-13 at 11:09 AM.

The first good Junkrat skin. Considering I'm fond of playing the little git, I'll have to get that one...

I'm not really feeling any of the new skins this time around. If I had to pick one, it'd likely be Sombra's - even though I rarely ever play her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get the 76 one, because it's comfortably his best legendary imho, it's not the best there; think that goes to Ana but I prefer Corsair for her. Still not sure about Sombra's, it's not horrible, but it's not really her; someone compared it to Chiana from Farscape and that's improved my perceptions of it but still prefer Augmented for her; almost certainly buy it if I don't get it from drops though because Sombra.

The others are heroes I don't play, but Hanzo and Roadhog are pretty cool.

Is it possible these boxes have a higher drop rate for legendaries?

Completely anecdotal, I know, but I've read about people getting these skins fairly quicky, and I got Soldier and Ana in just four boxes.

With all the news about lootboxes, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard had tweaked the numbers for this event.

I wish they had made an alternate version of that Hanzo skin without the piercings, I'd use it if it weren't for them.

I'm more inclined to think a female Jack Frost for Sombra. As soon as I saw her I was reminded of The Guardians.
    I can see the Farscape point too.
    I like Ana's, but I don't think I'll ever go away from cycling Ghoul and Shrike.
    Junkrat's I don't really get. Doesn't seem too Holidayesque, but maybe there's a reference I'm just not placing. I like it, just seems out of place.
    Bastion's is kind of cute with the stocking cap.
    Roadhog' makes me smile because he looks like a Tuskarr from WoW.
    Definitely like 76's.
    Hanzo's isn't bad, but he looks like a hipster, just throw some wire rimmed glasses on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Junkrat's I don't really get. Doesn't seem too Holidayesque, but maybe there's a reference I'm just not placing. I like it, just seems out of place..
    He's Australian, and in Australia, Christmas is in Summer. Confused me why Roadhog's didn't follow suit, but I'm fine with that.

At first I was a bit eh, but actually, I kinda like all the skins honestly. There's not a single one there I'd be disappointed to get, unlike Mei's Zombie skin from Halloween as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    He's Australian, and in Australia, Christmas is in Summer. Confused me why Roadhog's didn't follow suit, but I'm fine with that.

At first I was a bit eh, but actually, I kinda like all the skins honestly. There's not a single one there I'd be disappointed to get, unlike Mei's Zombie skin from Halloween as an example.
    I figured that about Junkrat, but then I also assumed they still could have given him more of a holiday vibe other than just "beach party." That's why I was wondering if there is more of a reference somewhere I just didn't connect to.
    I like all the skins for the most part.
    Mei's isn't a Zombie, it's based off the Chinese Hopping Vampire, the Jiangshi, and works better with her Halloween Hop emote. I know a lot of people don't like it, but when you consider her then it makes a lot of sense for her costume.

I figured that about Junkrat, but then I also assumed they still could have given him more of a holiday vibe other than just "beach party." That's why I was wondering if there is more of a reference somewhere I just didn't connect to.
    Mei's isn't a Zombie, it's based off the Chinese Hopping Vampire, the Jiangshi, and works better with her Halloween Hop emote. I know a lot of people don't like it, but when you consider her then it makes a lot of sense for her costume.
    Well, they had the spray last year, that's really about it.

And yeah I know that, but it was far quicker to say zombie and you got the point
    That was just more about how all the skins are pretty solid though, there's not a single I'd see pop out of a crate and be like "Oh, great, the one I didn't want".

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, they had the spray last year, that's really about it.

And yeah I know that, but it was far quicker to say zombie and you got the point
    That was just more about how all the skins are pretty solid though, there's not a single I'd see pop out of a crate and be like "Oh, great, the one I didn't want".
    True. Feel the same way about them. Don't think any are my faves or would replace what I am currently using, but would be fun to swap to them every once in a while. I do like how Blizzard will put new voicelines to some of them, like Winston's"yetis bounce," and the ones they changed for Zen's Cthulhu model.
    Speaking of that, does anyone know if and of these got new ones?

True. Feel the same way about them. Don't think any are my faves or would replace what I am currently using, but would be fun to swap to them every once in a while. I do like how Blizzard will put new voicelines to some of them, like Winston's"yetis bounce," and the ones they changed for Zen's Cthulhu model.
    Speaking of that, does anyone know if and of these got new ones?
    I actually have no idea and would be super interested in finding out myself.

There better be something about ice with Sombra's skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't get Junkrat skins either.

Personally I like the new skins, but they add so many of them. Buying all for 3000 each or getting them from lootboxes takes a lot of either time or money :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Junkrat's skin the best. I think it's great they have a beach party xmas one for down under! I like Sombra's a lot too but I never play her. Honestly I like all the skins for this year, except Basion's face. Bastion's would be unappealing if not for the fact the bird is a snowowl, so even that one has won me over.

Also, the Mei event this year is way superior to the snowball one from last year. That was the only holiday game mode that I didn't especially enjoy. Plus the Mei voice lines in the yeti one as disgustingly adorable.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I love Junkrat's skin the best. I think it's great they have a beach party xmas one for down under! I like Sombra's a lot too but I never play her. Honestly I like all the skins for this year, except Basion's face. Bastion's would be unappealing if not for the fact the bird is a snowowl, so even that one has won me over.

Also, the Mei event this year is way superior to the snowball one from last year. That was the only holiday game mode that I didn't especially enjoy. Plus the Mei voice lines in the yeti one as disgustingly adorable.
    I love the snowball event too! Well, I love all Arcade modes where you don't respawn if you die. Maybe I am evil, but I just LOVE baiting people by pretending to be out of snow and then shoot them just when they are at almost full reload and they have some hope to win!

I hate Overwatch (because it's awful and what have you) but I play it once in a blue moon when my girlfriend pesters me enough.

I didn't expect much with the yeti hunt when she got me to play it, but holy fuck how does the Overwatch team do it. They somehow made a simple juggernaut mode really terrible. It's very hard to win because all the yeti has to do is run away while collecting meat over and over and then killing people with his ult. Pretty awful.

The snowball fight is fun because it's so basic. Too bad the main game can't be entertaining.

Anyways, there's my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I hate Overwatch (because it's awful and what have you) but I play it once in a blue moon when my girlfriend pesters me enough.

I didn't expect much with the yeti hunt when she got me to play it, but holy fuck how does the Overwatch team do it. They somehow made a simple juggernaut mode really terrible. It's very hard to win because all the yeti has to do is run away while collecting meat over and over and then killing people with his ult. Pretty awful.

The snowball fight is fun because it's so basic. Too bad the main game can't be entertaining.

Anyways, there's my thoughts.
    It isn't designed to be a great game mode, just designed for shits and giggles.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It isn't designed to be a great game mode, just designed for shits and giggles.
    That excuses it from being badly designed? Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    That excuses it from being badly designed? Hm.
    Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah we get it, you don't like the game. I think shits and giggles is a fine reason to put something in the game.

Your dislike of the game has tainted your opinion on everything and there is nothing overwatch could do to make you happy. Go find things that hit your happy spot. If I don't like a game I just don't play it, I don't spend my time casting shadows on stuff I don't enjoy doing. I just go find things I do enjoy doing and talk about that.

I don't like Pokemon, you don't see me going into an elementary school and sitting down with 3rd graders and telling them their game sucks.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-12-23 at 09:41 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.