Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Isn't there a crazy dictator in South-Eastern Asia that allowed civilians to kill drug addicts and drug dealers and get paid for doing so?

Lets just leave this discussion with the same reason why the court rooms and police officers aren't the same people, imagine if the cops could arrest you, sentence you and execute you- legally I mean, some already do this!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Isn't there a crazy dictator in South-Eastern Asia that allowed civilians to kill drug addicts and drug dealers and get paid for doing so?

Lets just leave this discussion with the same reason why the court rooms and police officers aren't the same people, imagine if the cops could arrest you, sentence you and execute you- legally I mean, some already do this!
    Just another day in the Mega-City One.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    It is a happy ending, criminal was shot or died. Family Protected, other people protected from the criminal.
    By being a criminal, you have no rights. Especially an Illegal Migrant.
    Happy. Ending.
    The American constitution literally 100% disagrees with you and states you could not be more wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

My clear point was that terrorism attacks aren't reliant on guns, you can look at several events in US history to see that people who would commit these acts would use any possible weapon to do so, and that alternative weapons are readily accessible. I already pointed out 9/11 and the Oklahoma City bombing. The deadliest school massacre in the US occurred in 1927 and was a bombing. You conveniently ignored this.

I don't even own a gun, I'm just not rabidly anti-gun, and rabid anti-gun people are too blinded to their ideology to use reason.
    Your clear point is shit. You're basically saying because drunk drivers kill people seatbelt laws are pointless and stupid.

Well guess what we have both and they both worked at reducing fatalities. Holy shit. Logic is hard guys. Man in china attacked a school 22 people stabbed, no deaths. How many died at Sandy hook? Vegas? Yeah the other ways to kill people argument is total dog shit. Stop using it especially when we frequently regulate those/police them too. And before you say it the fact that there isn't 100% success is also a stupid argument.

About the only salient point is that these mass murders are a relatively minor issue compared to more typical gun deaths.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-12-15 at 06:56 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    The American constitution literally 100% disagrees with you and states you could not be more wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Your clear point is shit. You're basically saying because drunk drivers kill people seatbelt laws are pointless and stupid.

Well guess what we have both and they both worked at reducing fatalities. Holy shit. Logic is hard guys. Man in china attacked a school 22 people stabbed, no deaths. How many died at Sandy hook? Vegas? Yeah the other ways to kill people argument is total dog shit. Stop using it especially when we frequently regulate those/police them too. And before you say it the fact that there isn't 100% success is also a stupid argument.

About the only salient point is that these mass murders are a relatively minor issue compared to more typical gun deaths.
    Outlaw guns and you'll see that I'm correct. Most large scale acts of terrorism in the US were committed without a single bullet. There are deeper issues at play in regards to acts of violence in the US and blaming guns rather than the underlying forces that compel people to commit such acts is like blaming a band-aid for not holding together a large, gaping wound.

Deleted
    Outlaw guns and you'll see that I'm correct. Most large scale acts of terrorism in the US were committed without a single bullet. There are deeper issues at play in regards to acts of violence in the US and blaming guns rather than the underlying forces that compel people to commit such acts is like blaming a band-aid for not holding together a large, gaping wound.
    Oh how stupid of us, it isn't the guns that are the problem, its the people that are using them! /facepalm

Now i'll ask you this, what do you think is a more feasible thing to do? Remove the guns from play in order to minimize the damage that these people do or heal society to a point where these guns really aren't needed because people do not feel the need anymore to use guns?

Guns are a problem, yes they are tools, but these are tools made for killing. They aren't the same as cars or knifes or any of the other rather retarded suggestions that i have seen pass by(not you, but in general), all these things have other uses unlike guns. Healing society is a great goal, but you won't get anywhere as long as you let everyone have the means to become judge, jury and executioner.

Speaking as someone who lives across the pond, im happy that the guns in my country are highly regulated. If i really want one, i can have one, but i must jump through hoops in order to get one. I'm quite happy to not be able to get a gun on a whim when this ensures that my "mentally challenged" neighbors can't get them either. ( they are not really mentally challenged, but you get the jest) You see, most people really aren't anywhere near responsible enough to be a gun owner, very very few people are. The chance that one of them gets mad and fucks up is just too big and not one that im willing to take. Yes they do fuck up now as well, but when they do not have the means to shoot it will often be resolved in a different way that is mostly none lethal.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    Your experience means nothing. Anecdotal evidence < Statistics. And yes i am aware people interpret statistics in ways that support their agendas, but i hope you're not somehow under the impression that the massive pro gun lobby in america isn't twisting the stats in favor of their political agenda. Please don't be that naive.

I can do without the "luxury" of my local criminals and psychopaths having easy access to handguns, thanks. If i need one for a farm or hunting (or even should i choose to be a collector) there are stringent licensing procedures that once passed allow me to own and use a firearm for those purposes, and that is sufficient.

At the end of the day there will always be some reason to ignore/discredit the arguments for gun control posed by it's efficacy in other countries. No country is exactly like another, and so what works for them couldn't possibly work for you. Might as well not even try.
    America has decided that rampant gun crime, school shootings, mass shootings, etc are acceptable losses. Personally i find it disgusting but as you've said: your land, your choice.

Once again, There being other ways to kill people is not an argument to not do anything about THIS way of killing people. Why are you pretending that it is? Were you opposed to increased airport security after 9/11? If they can't get planes they'll find some other way of killing people so why bother right?

I'm not rabidly anti-gun, I'm just pro gun regulation as has been shown to work in other countries.
    Sure it does, to the person. Your own experience impacts your life to a great deal how you feel about something. Eat some food at a place which sends you to the hospital and see if you go back to that place. If a person does, they are being stupid.

The extent of what you call pro gun regulation will not work here in the US. Not when each non criminal citizen has the Constitutional right to keep and bear firearms. So, once again, your stance is fine for Australia, but it means nothing here.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankfully we will not see that here in the US. And you are dead right. The underlying issue does not have anything to do with the tools being used. But some on here, you are wasting your time. They fail to understand the importance of the Second Amendment is just as important as any other right in our Constitution. No less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Thankfully for the father, you do not get to decide if it was justified or not. Sure he is a hero. I am sure the workers there and his wife and kids think he is.
    Thankfully for the father, you can't read.

I do not believe it was not justified.

Read it again, bucko.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipperbane View Post
    Thankfully for the father, you can't read.

I do not believe it was not justified.

Read it again, bucko.
    Sorry. I did over look that part. I apologize. Just a odd way you typed it. But still was my fault because I do not want to be a grammar corrections officer. Mine certainly has it's flaws.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-12-15 at 02:08 PM.

You don't threat ppl with a gun....in a fucking TEXAS! . Claps for the father, one bandit less in the world

i don't condone shooting , friend or foe

A person died/was shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    i don't condone shooting , friend or foe
    Well, there are sheep and wolves in the world. One can decide to be just a sheep I guess.

no bro , would have liked to know what he needed the money for , if i know i will feel better , maybe he had some family to take care of and was short on money and super desperate ya know i just wanna know .. and i'm not a sheep or wolf , i'm an alien

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sorry. I did over look that part. I apologize. Just a odd way you typed it. But still was my fault because I do not want to be a grammar corrections officer. Mine certainly has it's flaws.
    I also apologize for my tone. It was unwarranted.

In regards to this whole situation, though, I do believe it was justified. However, I believe the father put his family in danger. The end result may paint him as a hero, but I believe that, had this situation gone down in a different manner, such that his family or himself were injured... well...

In the end, this ended... okay. I do not want to say well, because I do not celebrate the loss of life, no matter how it was lived.

But it could have been wildly different, and the narrative people are espousing would be, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    no bro , would have liked to know what he needed the money for , if i know i will feel better , maybe he had some family to take care of and was short on money and super desperate ya know i just wanna know .. and i'm not a sheep or wolf , i'm an alien
    Whatever he needed it for, does not justify pointing a deadly weapon at someone. Alien, as in a illegal? Which makes no difference even if you are from Mars. If you choose not to defend yourself, then you are a sheep in terms of your reaction to a deadly threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chipperbane View Post
    I also apologize for my tone. It was unwarranted.

In regards to this whole situation, though, I do believe it was justified. However, I believe the father put his family in danger. The end result may paint him as a hero, but I believe that, had this situation gone down in a different manner, such that his family or himself were injured... well...

In the end, this ended... okay. I do not want to say well, because I do not celebrate the loss of life, no matter how it was lived.

But it could have been wildly different, and the narrative people are espousing would be, as well.
    There are always risks involved when using a firearm. One needs to understand what those are and be willing to adjust and hopefully make the right decision. So I do agree with your point.

no you can aim guns as much as you want , the moment you shoot is the moment you cross the line

disturbing how much americans are desensitized from someone triggering a shot in the middle of a crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    no you can aim guns as much as you want , the moment you shoot is the moment you cross the line
    No, it is against the law to point a firearm at anyone unless it is in the act of self defense when the person is being threatened by a person in a manner which causes the victim to fear for their lives. Some states even have strict laws on brandishing a firearm. But no state allows you to point a firearm at anyone, at any time, without lawful justification. Odds are, the criminal had already violated the law by even having a firearm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    disturbing how much americans are desensitized from someone triggering a shot in the middle of a crowd.
    It was the criminal who triggered the shot being fired.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...nio-restaurant

I love a story with a happy ending, the state should award them a check for 10% of the cost the state would have incurred paying for this guy to be imprisoned.
    I love a happy ending as well. Love seeing criminals get what the deserve.

then we cross over to cops and them pointing guns at people all the time because they fear for their lives all the time and all the time make up stories how they thought someone was grabbing for their gun ect ect , how does that make sense ?