Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    No, it is against the law to point a firearm at anyone unless it is in the act of self defense when the person is being threatened by a person in a manner which causes the victim to fear for their lives. Some states even have strict laws on brandishing a firearm. But no state allows you to point a firearm at anyone, at any time, without lawful justification. Odds are, the criminal had already violated the law by even having a firearm.

- - - Updated - - -

It was the criminal who triggered the shot being fired.
    pulled out his own gun and fired.
    to me it is pretty clear that wasnt the criminal to shot. but im not a native english, then maybe it is some weird figure of speech

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    to me it is pretty clear that wasnt the criminal to shot. but im not a native english, then maybe it is some weird figure of speech
    I apologize if I'm not understanding you, I think you are saying the criminal did not shoot his gun, and you are correct, the criminal did not shoot his gun.

However the criminal by pulling his gun out and pointing it at others became a deadly threat, which means the father, by law, has the right to use deadly force and was allowed to pull out and fire his own gun, which he was licensed to carry.

Not sure I made that clear or not.