Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To me the only thing I would like is removing healers in PvP.
    The rest is currently fun and in a nice state to me, I love to be able to get gear from both PvP and PvE at the same time and not get wrecked by full conquest people in casual battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimd View Post
    To me the only thing I would like is removing healers in PvP.
    The rest is currently fun and in a nice state to me, I love to be able to get gear from both PvP and PvE at the same time and not get wrecked by full conquest people in casual battlegrounds.
    What would you have the healers do instead? - Genuine question.

While not rated i do take issue with the idea random bg's are casual, not because its a past time that you can pick up whenever you like, or that its not fun. Because it is both. Also the risks and rewards are low, which makes it a wonderful starting point for pvp. My issue with calling random bg's casual is it sort of suggest you should not care about winning, which while a personal thing, there are nine other people in that bg, if you don't try relatively hard to help them win, your hurting their enjoyment too.

I do however agree, we need a better gearing system then the current mess

Quote Originally Posted by Stormragerr View Post
    Wait I must be misreading, did you seriously just say Riot games? LOL!!!!! Have you played League in the past 3 years? It is one of the least balanced games you will ever see in your life. There are 20-40 champs that are played by maybe 10 people out of the millions that play, there are 10+ champs every single patch that are broken beyond belief and need to be either banned or picked in order to not get an auto loss, there are new champions like Zoe one shotting you over a wall while taking minimal skill. I'll take blizzard over riot for PvP balancing anyday.
    You are thoroughly mistaken. LoL is balanced miles better than WoW, there is no contest. Your numbers above stem from your personal impression and they are wrong. There is global statistics for champions which shows it all. The weakest champions in LoL in their intended role have a winrate north of 45%. This is a far, far, far cry from what the weakest spec in any season of WoW has. And that's before filtering for outliers, that's warts and all.

Seriously, you are wrong here. LoL has its issues, sure. With a roster of 140 champions, obviously the range of things like popularity will be high. But the range of what actually matters for balance = winrate is unbelievably tight if we compare it to WoW.

Of course they need to remove the prune.
    But, my number one issue is gear and how it was handled in Legion. I have a short story for you.

Every expansion I had a ton of fun and played 100s of 3v3 arena games in WoD even though I purchased it at the end when it was $12. What changed? No gear from PvP changed. I used to do tons of arena with friends that are Mythic raiders. They did rated PvP to gear their off specs with 710 weapons and what not. Well, they would get their weapons and keep Qing because they were having fun.

Fast forward to Legion. Not one of them wants to or needs to play Arena. And so, without my friends I've done zero rated PvP as well. At least, for me, removing gear killed PvP for me and my friends. Essentially they removed any and all character progression from PvP and in doing so alienated a very large (guessing) casual, rated playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    What would you have the healers do instead? - Genuine question.

While not rated i do take issue with the idea random bg's are casual, not because its a past time that you can pick up whenever you like, or that its not fun. Because it is both. Also the risks and rewards are low, which makes it a wonderful starting point for pvp. My issue with calling random bg's casual is it sort of suggest you should not care about winning, which while a personal thing, there are nine other people in that bg, if you don't try relatively hard to help them win, your hurting their enjoyment too.

I do however agree, we need a better gearing system then the current mess
    I get it, I personally always aim to win BGs by doing the objectives even being a casual pvp player, but while the current rewards to winning a BG is good, I agree that people not caring about winning should be more penalized.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You are thoroughly mistaken. LoL is balanced miles better than WoW, there is no contest. Your numbers above stem from your personal impression and they are wrong. There is global statistics for champions which shows it all. The weakest champions in LoL in their intended role have a winrate north of 45%. This is a far, far, far cry from what the weakest spec in any season of WoW has. And that's before filtering for outliers, that's warts and all.

Seriously, you are wrong here. LoL has its issues, sure. With a roster of 140 champions, obviously the range of things like popularity will be high. But the range of what actually matters for balance = winrate is unbelievably tight if we compare it to WoW.
    You can look at winrate stats all day if you'd like, the in game balance is not dictated by this in any way. The in game balance is dictated by in game play, I would say more so professional play. If the game is so well balanced please explain to me how champions get released full out one shotting half of your team/the enemy team, after being tested on the PBE, after having multiple massive youtubers and professional players test them and say they are "broken," AND after all the feedback on the forums saying how unfair the champion is from both people playing it and playing against it. Riot's balancing team is quite literally a group of apes, or a group of 18 year olds just starting their computer classes in university or they are just plain retards that cannot read. Yes there are aspects of the game that are balanced well, but there are a lot of examples of poor design/balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormragerr View Post
    You can look at winrate stats all day if you'd like, the in game balance is not dictated by this in any way. The in game balance is dictated by in game play, I would say more so professional play. If the game is so well balanced please explain to me how champions get released full out one shotting half of your team/the enemy team, after being tested on the PBE, after having multiple massive youtubers and professional players test them and say they are "broken," AND after all the feedback on the forums saying how unfair the champion is from both people playing it and playing against it. Riot's balancing team is quite literally a group of apes, or a group of 18 year olds just starting their computer classes in university or they are just plain retards that cannot read. Yes there are aspects of the game that are balanced well, but there are a lot of examples of poor design/balancing.
    You seem to be referring to an incident that I am not familiar with, so I cannot comment. If you mean to say that this happens often and / or is left unpatched for a long time, fine, let's check it, but I don't think you will be able to say that.

If you want to hear war stories specific to WoW, there is no shortage of them every single patch: there have frequently been specs dominating with one-two buttons, there are always specs that you just don't play in a particular season, there have been all kinds of trash with ranking counts (like, mistakes that undercount the number of glads by a factor of 3 or 4, cool, right?), etc.

Bring back the old pvp system on gearing from mop. (Honor and conquest) to please the pvpers.

Give cosmetic class rewards for tmog at the achieve increments (1550, 1750, 2k, 2.2, 2.4, 2.7) to increase participation.

Add some new pvp content. A new bg and 2 arena maps are supposed to arrive in BfA, so that's a good start. But also play with new ideas in non rated brawl type events. Possibly with more dynamic map mechanics with outplay potential.

Give pvpers a respected community manager with good communication.

I've responded to like 6 posts in 20 mins.. power went out xd

Edit: oh yeah bring back 5s / arena master
    Last edited by Decorpse; 2017-12-20 at 01:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just want the ability to ignore two BGs removed /shrug

Idk if it's stat templates fucking me over or healers in general but it is such a pain in the ass to solo kill a healer, I like to think its combination though. I'd play pvp more if healers could die before dampening reaches like 40% and/or they actually went oom

Youre not supposed to be able to solo kill a healer unless in arena dampening. If youre in a bg, either hit what your team mates are hitting, or have them attack what you're hitting. It's called teamwork.
    Last edited by Decorpse; 2017-12-20 at 08:23 PM.

Nerf the absolute hell out of melee classes.

Deleted
    ;tldr

Make pvp a good way to get good gear again and the people will come.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Honestly I would love for there to be some sort of solo que bg rating system. I don't need rewards beyond shit talking on the forums.

I didn't mind templates and random gear, but I didn't find it as fulfilling either. Yeah, 99% of my enjoyment was getting that PvP weapon, but dammit there was enjoyment in that.

Lastly, Blizz needs to do something about scripters, because that is what drove me out of rated pvp. I got an honest hero, and that was one of my two top PvP achievements in WoW (the other healing a friend through their successful highwarlord attempt.) I've got 2k+ in all brackets of arenas, and I still got declined for not scripting. Posting proof of it to the hacks email got nothing accomplished also.

Deleted
    That' why it was a ;tldr.

But yeah think of tbc. Arena activity was extremely high because rewards were great. Balance was abysmal and there were less abilities to use than there were now. Talk about pruning.

I know Blizzard advertised Warfronts are a PVE thing only, but it would be cool if they adapted it into PVP with factions sieging and conquering with the aid of NPCs MOBA-style.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I'd like more map variations for the same game type. I love the concept of Alterac valley and Ashran, but Alterac Valley is very one sided, and Ashran is only fun if you join a pre-made and are very coordinated. I'm hoping warfronts will give us this, but thats only PvE, maybe adding a PvP mode if it works out?

Cant revive something thats still alive...

To make it better tho?
    Remove racials for pvp.
    Bring back targeted pvp-gearing.
    Better balance to avoid ridicolous metas...

^^ It's dead for all intents and purposes.

Want to call your teammates to climb? Nope, they are gone.
    Want to make a PUG in trade for stomping random BGs? Nope, no takers.
    Want to find a PVP guild that does something, anything? Yeah, there might be one on your server in a permanent state of "recruiting for our rated BG team" (which is a dead giveaway that they are noobs in and of itself - rated BGs are for downtime, you focus on arenas).
    It's just a couple of stupid "2.1k+ CR" groups in LFG where the owner performs like 1.5k because he does not bother, plus some premades for farming HKs and that's about it.

Take a look at this very PVP forum. It doesn't even have a mod. There are more posts in the PVP forum than in the BFA / Classic / Interface and Macros forums combined, yet there are no mods here and 9 mods for those three. What does that tell you? Right, that the activity is anywhere but in PVP. This applies to the game in spades as well.

Honestly return all the niche/situational spells and add more to classes that lack them.

I always loved how my hunter main had all those crazy tools, dispels and utilities to help out with any pvp and pve situation.

When blizz removed all that in wod/legion i just stopped playing that class completely.