Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

What changes in bFa do you think are needed to revive pVp?

What would you like to see changed in bFa for pvp's sake?

i have a big following on these forums so if i agree with you , your opinion will be relayed and obviously acknowledged by my followers.

i have a big following on these forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Unprune to increase skill cap, replace most passives in talents and honor talents for something more thought provoking, make PvP gear as it was in WoD: scaling up to mythic ilvl in PvP situations and bought with PvP currency. Remove templates and bring back gemming, glyphs, reforging, enchanting, and gear choice to encourage customization.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-12-19 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    i have a big following on these forums
    No? Who are you and why do you value your opinion so highly?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No? Who are you and why do you value your opinion so highly?
    hah good one Pebs!!

hope that advice i gave you is still improving your life in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    hah good one Pebs!!

hope that advice i gave you is still improving your life in every way.
    That didn't answer my question, and I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Unprune to increase skill cap, replace most passives in talents and honor talents for something more thought provoking, make PvP gear as it was in WoD: scaling up to mythic ilvl in PvP situations and bought with PvP currency. Remove templates and bring back gemming, reforging, and gear choice to encourage customization.
    Basically all of this, would do wonders for PvP.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite the somewhat odd statement in your post.. off the top of my head;

- I'd like to see the templates removed, if I want to gear my character for mastery or haste or whatever I should be able to do so.
    - I'd like the PvP vendors back and earn currency again.
    - Remove the useless PvP talents for better, quality over quantity. I'm fine with less PVP talents if they offer more.
    - Change the way the system creates random BG teams, 3 healers vs none shouldn't really happen.
    - Give us the option to rank solo.
    - Vicious mounts should be obtainable without doing ranked. So instead of winning 100 3v3 / 40 ranked bg make it 150 random bg wins or something.

and finally:

- Remove Russians from EU battlegroup.

Less self-healing for non-healer specs.

- Most importantly, bring back pvp gear that actually is better for pvp than pve gear - No sense of progression without it.
    - Much harder DR on CC, put all of them in the same group - I'm tired of being slowed and stunned half the game.
    - Have the same kind of ready check when entering a bg as a heroic/lfr to ensure an equal amount of healers on both sides - Don't pull people in until you have a balanced team of 10/15/40 people that are ready to go and cut the timer before the game to 30 seconds.
    - Have people being pacified and immune to damage when they rez, both going away as soon as you move - To stop graveyard farming.
    - Less self heals all over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unprune to increase skill cap, replace most passives in talents and honor talents for something more thought provoking, make PvP gear as it was in WoD: scaling up to mythic ilvl in PvP situations and bought with PvP currency. Remove templates and bring back gemming, reforging, and gear choice to encourage customization.
    pretty much nailed it. customisation of how i play is the most important thing to me really. more viable talents, more ways to mess around and distinctly change my playstyle is what i would like to see

That's a fairly good list. I will note which things are, in my opinion, vital, opposite to which are just desired:

1. Unprune. (No, honor talents aren't enough.)

2. PVP gear with ilvl cap and bought with PVP currency.

It would be very desirable to have the other two things, but they are less important.

And here is one more thing which I also think is vital - especially after such a disaster as Legion was:

3. Solo queue for both arenas and BGs, no unrated BGs at all. Glads / achievements are given per-bracket: solo glads + team glads.

Deleted
    Remove templates
    /thread

Turn the game into one cohesive experience again instead of segregated minigames:
    -Remove templates
    -Remove PVP-only talents
    -Design the classes to fun in both PVE and PVP without needing separate rule sets and scaling

- Stop pruning, and unprune.
    - Remove effin dampening and make mana mean something again. (without dampening...)
    - change the absurd cooldown trading and cooldown stacking bullshit so that something actually happens outside of cooldown usage and that you can actually do something/survive when CDs are used/stacked.
    - bring back resilience and make the player decide what they want to to with their character and stats and not those stupid templates which we as players do not have control over. (short: remove templates)
    - give character progression and gear for PvP players back. having no progression at all in PvP is horrible.
    - remove honor talents and give important spells as baseline or as pve talents. But having pve and pvp talents is just stupid and does not feel right.
    - lower burst dmg -> we already saw that most stuns are like 50% less duration in BFA. That might be a good thing but if burst dmg stays the same with all these stupid dmg cooldowns then nothing will change. It just doesn't feel good.

Do all those stuff and PvP might have a chance to get higher player participation. If only 1-2 things on this list are not changed, be sure that PvP participation will not go to the numbers it was before WoD/LEGION. I guarantee you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    bad bait is bad, trying much too hard

PvP is fine now imo

Less healing from non-healing classes.

Deleted
    Outsource it to a capable studio that understands pvp and cares for it.

I'm not even kidding.

speaking as a bg scrub i'd like them to change the scoreboard to reflect objectives participation and reward accordingly. muppets that just wan't to deathmatch all day long can go to the arenas where they belong.

Please simply improve the systems that were introduced in Legion.

• Earning gear randomly system would work...if the base level wasn't so low. Currently the system just forces the masses back to questing until they get over 1800 rating.
    • AP gains from pvp is hilariously low. If the xpac long progression system is going to be tied to pvp, at least reward players with enough AP from doing pvp. Otherwise we have today's problem of forcing pvp'ers into questing.
    • Honor talents are such a great idea. Too many passives though. Each row should present thoughtful talents that change how you do damage, how/what CC you do, or hard counters to areas you can't usually hard counter. First 2 rows of talents for every class are the opposite of the talent design goal.
    • Templates are a great idea. How do we know what we have though? You should at least be able to see the data on the character details pane when in combat with a pvp dummy. Otherwise you have the mathematically inclined queuing afk skirms/bgs to copy down and study spell coefficients.
    • More consistency with templates. This whole xpac the pvp team hasn't decided if burst, rot, drain, or cc should win games. What we as players get is this constantly changing meta, sometimes weekly. I get the nerf/buff to classes, but we've seen too much of it imo.

==

Racials determine too much in pvp. Possibly fix them by: nerfing them, remove them from pvp, let us pick the racials, or whatever. There is a problem with how much racials determine in matches.

There should be a system in place for minor bonuses to your toon- similar to the old set bonuses on pvp gear. It would be cool if you could grab that functionality from augmenting gear, enchants, prestiging x times, earning choices from a progression system. Nothing that majorly changes pvp, just a fun reward for investment.

==

My thoughts on rated solo queue is that would be a mistake. If people are really struggling to find players or just want to solo session, improvements should be made to unrated bgs and skirmishes. Imagine if you earned double honor from unrated bg's or triple honor from skirmishes. Suddenly, unrated queues are full of people grinding away at prestige levels, playing the lottery for gear, practicing comps or catching up friends, or possibly even looking for people to queue rated with.

Let me earn conquest points and buy gear from a vendor. No random rewards.

Scale gear up to a certain item level so that pvp is actually playable on a freshly dinged character, but use the player's real gear if its above a certain item level to enable customization (this is wishful thinking, templates are here to stay because it makes their job easier).

Decrease the power of cooldowns and increase the power of classes outside cooldowns.