Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic 10 Man Raid - Do You Miss Them?

Now that we've experienced the new 20 Man Mythic Format, do you miss the 10 Man/25 Man Mythic Format? I know there's more to it than just tuning numbers but I feel alot of people would get back to Raiding for 10 Man Mythic. 20 Man just feels like the odd one out. Maybe after BFA?

10+ Year Old Account
    25 man was the best raidsize in my opinion but this may be because tbc and wotlk were my favorite expansions

Deleted
    Yea I miss it alot!
    10 man raiding was the best time in wow for me. Raiding felt like friendly enviroment, everybody knew each other, we have known ourselves well, our capabilities, our weaknesses. We were a family with special bond. I miss that time..also since 10 man raids died, our guild died and most of us could never mythic raid again. 20 ppl is alot of unfamiliar voices / faces and its not for me and my lost friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a way yes, I miss it. But that's mostly because of the people I was doing that with, we had a pretty tight knit group.

I think that at this point it's just silly to have a fixed raid size of 20 (or any other fixed size) for the highest difficulty. Everyone knows you need more than 20 people to raid mythic, because not everyone is able to attend every raid. And that's where the problems begin. More often than not it results in unhappy people leaving the guild, reducing the roster in size to the point where you need to start pugging to fill the gaps, or simply not raid.

There are maybe 200 people involved with the 'race'. I think it's kinda silly to balance an entire difficulty with such a small crowd in mind. I really don't see what would be the problem with making Mythic flexible in size. Yes, some fights might be more difficult with fewer people or vice versa but who really cares? There are a LOT of people out there who would like to be raiding on a difficulty above Heroic who simply can't due to the fixed size of 20.

Considering mythic 10 never existed, no.

Quote Originally Posted by onias View Post
    Yea I miss it alot!
    10 man raiding was the best time in wow for me. Raiding felt like friendly enviroment, everybody knew each other, we have known ourselves well, our capabilities, our weaknesses. We were a family with special bond. I miss that time..also since 10 man raids died, our guild died and most of us could never mythic raid again. 20 ppl is alot of unfamiliar voices / faces and its not for me and my lost friends.
    Yeah, 10 man raiding with a bunch of friends felt good. Everybody knew each others, the overall atmosphere was really good and I liked the aspect that some fights were harder on 10 man and some others on 25.

Don't miss it at all.

Blizz shouldn't bother with content for 1% of audience, such as 10-man raid size.
    It's better if they focus on content for majority of players, for example, on pet battles.

I miss it in the sense my heroic casual guild could participate it in. We have no desire to manage recruitment and get 25+ people on a server. 10 we could manage easily because you need at least that many to do flex raiding for heroic.

But yeah I understand having 2 different (10 vs 25 man) level of hard-mode is stupid in the sense of competition, and its difficult for Blizzard to balance.

Limiting highest tier raiding to 10man would force mechanics to be simpler than current. Instead of 3 soaks that need several people in it, would need to be probably 1. Ect. Just throwing an example. The mechanics that require team work would suddenly be force to be simpler for the reason that there are not enough people to cause variation.

Both 20 and 10 man could not exist at same time. They cannot be balanced to be equal difficulty.
    Who would bother 20man when you can 10man?

20man is already a compromise. There can only be one size highest tier content. It is the only way stuff can be "balanced" to have same difficulty for everyone.

So no... 10man was and would be a terrible idea.

Yes. It's really easy to converse with 9 other people and not have voicecomm be cluttered. Makes for a completely different raiding experience and imo is a lot more fun socially. Objectively, it was a lot more difficult from a content perspective, and if I were to choose strictly game play, 20 man is much better, but this is an mmo after all .... if you're not playing it for the social aspect, why are you playing it?

miss it big time, this was the best raiding days of the game period, not having to drag along the deadweight etc was a great experience, deeply missed thats for sure

Sure do. I stopped raiding when they took 10 man away. Don't give a shit about a race or any of that, I just enjoyed having some version of the hardest content for smaller tight knit groups. Finding ten people that can coexist and get along is soooooo much easier than finding twenty.

It was a fun format for alt runs.. it's quite impossible to get 20 for an alt run.

I absolutly miss 10-man heroic!
    You could just grap a few friends and have fun in the hardest difficulty.
    Today you have to recruit like a mad man to get atleast ten more semi competent ppl to fill your 20-man rooster.
    I'll kick two of them after the first ID because they have no clue how to even move propperly, the next three will have RL issues so they'll quit, than there will be no mythic progress and three more ppl will leave the guild in order to get a new one... You get were I'm comming from.

This days it's just so much easier to get 10 ppl than it is to get 20.
    People are impatient and lazy AS HELL!!
    They don't want to do stuff on there own, they just want to get carried through the highest difficulty while having free food and flask from the guild bank.

Yes, I miss my 10 HC group/guild and I'd probably be more interested in raiding if that setting still existed (I still raid, but I don't love it as much as I used to). Blizzard really should just make separate raids for 10s, but since that is more work they won't. 10s were easier to recruit for and more people on lower population servers got to do them within the guilds they had been in their entire time playing. There's 1 Mythic guild on my home server now (which I had to transfer off of to raid) and their progress each tier is usually only two or three bosses. Very sad.

No, go away.

The 10-25 divide almost destroyed the raiding community.

10 man was the best. A raid of friends overcoming challenges. No politicking, no roster issues, no drama, just raid with your buds. The whole raid joining to discuss the strategy, none of the 'leave strat to officers'. Higher responsibility was also great -- dead dps is 20% dps drop, not less than 8%. No free carry, everyone always knew that if you only kill the boss when everyone is performing. This all led to the best social experience this game ever had.

Extra laugh on the classic '20 man is objectively better' fallacies.

- Who would do 20 man if 10 man would exist?
    People who like 20 man. There were alot of 25 man guilds in the time 10 man existed.

- 10 man will force things to be easier.
    There were alot of bosses that were harder on 10man than on 25.

- Different raid sizes existing destroyed raiding community.
    I am sorry that your guild's raiding core decided they'd rather downsize than carry your dead weight but that's what happens when people have options.
    Last edited by Ellerain; 2017-12-13 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanja View Post
    I absolutly miss 10-man heroic!
    You could just grap a few friends and have fun in the hardest difficulty.
    Today you have to recruit like a mad man to get atleast ten more semi competent ppl to fill your 20-man rooster.
    I'll kick two of them after the first ID because they have no clue how to even move propperly, the next three will have RL issues so they'll quit, than there will be no mythic progress and three more ppl will leave the guild in order to get a new one... You get were I'm comming from.

This days it's just so much easier to get 10 ppl than it is to get 20.
    People are impatient and lazy AS HELL!!
    They don't want to do stuff on there own, they just want to get carried through the highest difficulty while having free food and flask from the guild bank.
    but on 10man no-one is bad no-one has real life issues, no-one will leave the guild everyone is perfect, i keep hearing this story and it's just adorable just as cute when the room on 10man and 25man is the same size but 25 ppl have to spread out and 10 it's a complete non mechanic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    No, go away.

The 10-25 divide almost destroyed the raiding community.
    Riiiiiiight.

Can't miss something that never existed. And no, i don't miss heroic 10.