Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Antorus Progression, Coven Kill Video, Blue Posts, WoW History, Kobolds and Catacombs

Challenge Rift - Week 24

Five Kobolds Launch Decks from the Pros to Try

Antorus, the Burning Throne Progression
    The race is on in Mythic Antorus with two guilds at 10/11. Method is also doing coverage of the race!

Mythic Coven of Shivarra Kill Video
    Limit has released a kill video for Mythic Coven of Shivarra.

Patch 7.3.5 Hotfixes - December 6
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Player versus Player

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Taeshalach And Scythe of the Unmaker
    If your class can equip the respective weapon, you'll have a chance of earning it from Agrammar and Argus respectively. It doesn't matter what your loot specialization or active class specialization is at the time.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    arena ladders are only updating every 3-4 hours.....they use to update instantly...any plans for a fix?
    This was a deliberate change to stop abuse that could come from monitoring real-time queue activity. (WarcraftDevs)

This Week in WoW History
    We're taking a look back at old MMO-Champion posts and World of Warcraft news that occurred during this time in previous years.

Cataclysm Live
    The third expansion of WoW hit the live servers in 2010, bringing new raids, dungeons, zones, professions, and races to the game. The new raids were Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, Throne of the Four Winds, along with Baradin Hold, which was the raid which had a chance at rewarding players with some PvP loot as well. This expansion brought five leveling zones, and two introductory zones for the new races. PvP lovers got to enjoy Tol Barad, the new outdoor PvP zone, along with two new battlegrounds, Twin Peaks, and Battle for Gilneas.

Heroic Dragon Soul
    The race is on! With the opening of Heroic Dragon Soul, guilds set off to kill Deathwing and claim the World 1st title. However, the introduction of LFR brought an unforeseen exploitable bug which some guilds took advantage of. A few of the top guilds, most notably Paragon, were banned for exploiting this buff preventing them from progressing Heroic until their suspension was over.

Cinder Kitten
    In 2012 the newest addition to the Pet Store was the Cinder Kitten. As always, during the holiday season Blizzard donated 100% of the adoption fee to the American Red to help with the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. This battle pet has Rare quality stats and is part of the Elemental family.

Black Market Auction House Items
    Patch 5.1 brought a few new items to the BMAH, with the addition of the Sun-Lute of the Phoenix King, which turned the wearer into Sig Nicious on use. For players who missed out on their Ulduar and Naxxramas Glory achievements, the Reins of the Plagued Proto-Drake and Reins of the Rusted-Proto Drake were added as well.

Warcraft Movie Cast
    Legendary sent out two tweets in 2013, revealing the cast and production date of the new Warcraft movie. Roles were not announced quite yet, but Ben Foster, Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Toby Kebbell, and Rob Kazinsky would star in the new movie. Production was scheduled to begin in Vancouver, during January 2014.

Alliance Chopper
    Warlords of Draenor brought the newest gold-sink mount, with the addition of the Alliance Chopper. This mount is purchasable in Stormwind for 100,000 gold. The community had mixed reactions to this addition, especially because of its very high price, compared to other mounts.

American Red Cross Bundle
    In 2014, Argi the Inter-goat-lactic pet and the Grinning Reaver mounts were added to the Blizzard Store. All proceeds from pet purchases directly benefited the American Red Cross to help with Ebola relief efforts in Africa. The pet and mount was also sold in a bundle, with discounted price, with the full price of the pet still going to charity.

Micro Holidays
    Call of the Scarab and Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl were discovered on the PTR, along with the announcement of many other Micro-Holidays. These new events only lasted a short time, and celebrate small things we love in the game. Currently there are eight micro-holidays in the game, such as the Hatching of the Hippogryphs, Un’goro Madness, Volunteer Guard Day, and the Thousand Boat Bash.

Ronda Rousey and Vin Diesel are WoW Friends
    During her appearance on The Tonight Show, Ronda talked a little about her adventures in WoW. While working on the production of Fast 7, she became friends with Vin Diesel and they played WoW together as a Druid and a Hunter.

Hearthstone's Kobolds and Catacombs Expansion Released Today
    Kobolds and Catacombs released today. Check out Hearthpwn's guide!

Last edited by chaud; 2017-12-08 at 08:38 AM.

Throne of Thunder came out in MoP, not Cataclysm, just a BTW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoquoi View Post
    Throne of Thunder came out in MoP, not Cataclysm, just a BTW.
    Yeah it was Throne of the Four Winds actually

Go go method take the world first

At least the tanks are melee in the Shivarra fight?

Ok, "This week in WoW history" section is starting to get little annoying and way too big. I dont see any relevance why would we need to be reminded of the WoW history, could be only me, i dont know, its just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
    Ok, "This week in WoW history" section is starting to get little annoying and way too big. I dont see any relevance why would we need to be reminded of the WoW history, could be only me, i dont know, its just my opinion.
    I kinda agree. I think the top 3 most interesting bits would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
    Yeah, Taking up as much or more than the main story is too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Limit got 10/11M 11 hours go, 5hours before your post and yet you show an old screenshot of only the EU guilds? goodjob MMO hiding favouritism

Deleted
    Wowprogress is wrong there is 2 CN guilds in top 5, Alpha and Stylewar.

Again nice job balancing Blizzard. Limits team is so diverse

The funny thing about Cata launching in early December is that even all this time later, there are some Christmas specials that I associate with leveling in Mt. Hyjal lol

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Limit got 10/11M 11 hours go, 5hours before your post and yet you show an old screenshot of only the EU guilds? goodjob MMO hiding favouritism
    When I drafted the post, that was the current ranking.
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-12-08 at 08:48 PM.

Why is the "history" section bigger than actual news?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Why is the "history" section bigger than actual news?
    It's December, and outside of the upcoming posts we have about PTR and Battle for Azeroth recaps, there isn't a ton happening every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Again nice job balancing Blizzard. Limits team is so diverse
    Lets hope it gets better now celestion is out .

Hm, this day will live in infamy for me then, because this is the day that my true love DK died and spec/role was forced upon us.

Need I remind the world that the ability to choose any role for all specs was a *MAJOR* selling point of DK's. And there were, for the entirety of Wrath people who loved DPS and/or tank for all specs. And there's was quite the variety of play styles within all three (including "hybrids" like machine gun IT or shadow frost).

>.<

Edit: ok, actually the day DK died for me was the pre-patch but don't ruin the moment for me ok?

Deleted
    so ez, im quitting the game. how about you dont stack op classes for 1 fight lel

It's time for a damage DR for real multi dotting classes.