Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, i'll most likely watch this movie alone cuz non of my friends knows wtf this movie is about just like GitS, but kinda need more footage to judge it, but yes, after first watch the eyes are just alien...

But the thing that bothers me the most is the lack of the tattoo on Christopher Waltz forhead, but if it get's explained why im fine with it

Deleted
    Alita have big eyes in the Manga and Anime, but it is drawn in cartoon style, hence the big eyes enhance here expression. But this movie is done in "photorealism" now the big eyes puch Alita into the uncanny valley.

It look like they will picks and choose from the source material "I give you my heart" is from the Motorball arc that come later, and is significantly darker, a bet with her life as deposit. But I wounder how they will do with the violence... the orginal is on Robocop level, blood and mutilation (mostly cyborgs)
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2017-12-09 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    How do you mean "break with the art-style?" It's real people and a freaky robot girl. Do you also think the other cyborgs are "a break with the art-style" because their chunky robot bodies don't look the same as regular people?
    The Robots dont break with the artstyle the normal people do....
    You know its a Manga adaptation, imagine Avatar gets a reboot and the Avatar is the only CGI charakter with big eyes.
    Oh and yes the other Robots break with the artstyle too because there faces are fucking human looking and Alitas not.

Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    Yep, official website says it's still not rated yet, not sure where that PG13 came from

Still my biggest concern with it. No way you can translate Gunnm to cinema without a good amount of gore-ish scenes, and the trailer pretty much avoided almost all the dark stuff (which I think was really great, that's what a trailer should be, not something that tells you the entire story as waaaaay too often these days).
    Its 100% PG 13 they wont put 100 million + in a gorefeast.

Am I the only one bothered that they called it 'Alita" instead of 'Gunm'?

I don't know how to make spoiler tag but without going into details Alita is not the main character that was shown in the vid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Am I the only one bothered that they called it 'Alita" instead of 'Gunm'?

I don't know how to make spoiler tag but without going into details Alita is not the main character that was shown in the vid.
    Battle Angel Alita is the Internatial Titel and in Japan its calles Gunnm.
    Also Alita/Gally is the main-character. Maybe you mix New Order with the Classic BAA Mangas.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-12-09 at 12:40 PM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Angel_Alita

Not really, I mean its the western name of the series

Muh got it right - its taken from the western version. Which is still beyond my comprehension why they named it Alita in the first place. In the original manga there is a character named Alita but she not Gally.

waiting to see it. Doubt my cinema is going to have it :/

I have the old BAA mangas, was a bit disappointed with the successor.
    So far most of the trailer looks fitting well with the mangas, and with Christoph Waltz as main support cast ... hell yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Deleted
    I thought a lot of the other characters had some wierd parts in the manga too. Judging by the trailer that doesn't seem to be the case, except obvious robot parts.
    Also more so than her eyes the thick lips (in the manga) stood out more to me.
    I also dearly hope it won't be PG-13. The gory bits are kinda part of it. I remember the one Doctor/Professor sawing his own skull open which was somewhat relevant, although not that bloody and other gory stuff.
    I'm quite interested what will become of this despite that.

Should have used practical effects for the face. The CGI just doesn't look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I'm not actually all that worried about the gore. Sure it's part of the manga, but it doesn't define it, and it doesn't HAVE to be in the movie. This doesn't need to be R-rated to be good. Besides, it's apparently about Motorball so if anything that's a lot of ROBOT gore rather than actual body parts. And you can do that just fine in a lower rated movie. But how good can Motorball be without Jashugan?

And is it too much to hope for a Desty Nova cameo somewhere?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm not actually all that worried about the gore. Sure it's part of the manga, but it doesn't define it, and it doesn't HAVE to be in the movie. This doesn't need to be R-rated to be good. Besides, it's apparently about Motorball so if anything that's a lot of ROBOT gore rather than actual body parts. And you can do that just fine in a lower rated movie. But how good can Motorball be without Jashugan?

And is it too much to hope for a Desty Nova cameo somewhere?
    He should be part of it at least in a flashback where they (if they will do it) explain how Jashugan get his power up when Ido sees his brain after the time he collapsed.

On a scale from 1 to JL, how fail it is going to be?

What is that shit lol?

Dem Eyes lol!

wonder if they'll keep these in dubbed versions.
    Apparently they will:

People really love confusing "North America" with "International" or "western". Battle Angel Alita is only the NA name, the rest of the world called it Gunnm, not just Japan, it's even clearly stated in the link in that first quote by Muh :|. All EU versions I've seen are called Gunnm (except UK I'd guess?), including Spanish and Portuguese which means most of SA too.

Other name changes are also quite weird, Tiphares instead of Zalem? Ketheres instead of Jeru? Just... why? o.O I'm a bit sad they went for NA names instead of using what most of the world knows, wonder if they'll keep these in dubbed versions.
    Never heared it called Gunnm in europe i even own the old version in german and its called BAA same goes for the dutch version.

Other name changes are also quite weird, Tiphares instead of Zalem? Ketheres instead of Jeru? Just... why? o.O I'm a bit sad they went for NA names instead of using what most of the world knows, wonder if they'll keep these in dubbed versions.
    Jeru...Zalem...I can see why they didn't go with those names. Some shitstorm would be happening because of triggered people. (Which is sad)

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The eyes still creep me out. Wasn't she mostly the same as everyone else appearance-wise in the manga?