Thread: Fuck mmo

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fuck mmo

MMO champion stopped being a place you can discuss WoW about 7 years ago. All it is now is an advertising machine. I have blocked 47 adverts from this link and all I am trying to do is post an opinion. Why do we settle for this shit? Why do we settle for a website that is run by robots that is set on giving us ads? Are you happy that you are served ads and given the most basic of information? What value do the 30+ ads give to you to the information that is available on 37 other different websites.

MMO violates your civil rights (if you are american) and actively snoops on your activities (if you are not american). Tell me why you are OK with this. Why do you let MMO monitor your activities like this. I don't remember signing a ToA that said they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    i have a pretty big following on this forum. i will tell them not to insult you as i know when they message me that mmo-c is important to them.

Well do what i do keep mmochamp for news and use addblocks

Well, they are using advertising for the same reason that every free website does i guess. Making money and keep the site running.
    Would you rather it was like some serious news-sites that you only can access by paying a monthly subscription?

The internet is not free speech. You are posting on a website's private forums. If you want to start your own website you can post about whatever you want; that's free speech.

I really suggest you think about this, because having a fit is neither going to convert anyone to your 'cause' nor is it going to affect MMO-champion... even if what you said is true, which it is not. MMO-champion is a website and it requires money to run... like anything else. I don't mind the advertisements thus far, but that's just me.

Just be sure that you're serious about this, because all this post is going to do is get you banned. If your goal is to force yourself to be unable to post here again, then you are accomplishing your goal with this post, if you are hoping for anything else, it's a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    MMO violates your civil rights (if you are american) and actively snoops on your activities (if you are not american). Tell me why you are OK with this. Why do you let MMO monitor your activities like this. I don't remember signing a ToA that said they could.
    First off you have no civil rights when you are on the internet.

Second you realize you are on the internet right? You are always being monitored.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Everyone should use adblocks for this site. In just replying to you there are 32 ads that tried to load. But if you dont use adblocks, why do you let MMO advertise to you? it can't be because it actually speaks to you. Unless you love ads that take over your browser and scream a video at you. That's MMO's way of doing shit. They have changed from an information site to a site that wants to take your info, sell it and then sell YOU more.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Same, except I use adblocks that allow unobtrusive ads. I don't mind banners and such, not a fan of videos, popups, or anything that disrupts my viewing or posting here. I haven't run into anything offensive, but hey... maybe it's just getting blocked? I dunno.

I might consider a premium account, but I'm on the fence about it. I'm not a fan of website subscriptions just to remove ads. But I might do it because I like MMO-champion enough to support them.

Bills gotta be paid

10+ Year Old Account
    Use ad-block. Problem solved. Also if you're concerned about people tracking you in the internet you really should consider stop using internet or you should start using more privacy addons, VPN and TOR browser etc.

...am I the only one here who expected something else from the thread title? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Use ad-block. Problem solved. Also if you're concerned about people tracking you in the internet you really should consider stop using internet or you should start using more privacy addons, VPN and TOR browser etc.
    Frankly after net neutrality is removed who knows how much worse it will get. Tracking is gonna happen no matter what you do, really. You can limit it, though, and that's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    First off you have no civil rights when you are on the internet.

Second you realize you are on the internet right? You are always being monitored.
    There is being "monitored" by the government which is what we all have to take and there is the "monitored" by a company that pretends to be our friend. FUCK MMO for being the later. They do not respect us at all and all we are are numbers in their database. Stop being naive. When a previously user friendly website turns to evil like MMO it is the user's duty to call it out. I AM SORRY THAT YOU TOOK PAYMENT FROM MMO. Fuck off or join. MMO's surveillance of users is not acceptable.
    why so mad bro

There are adds on mmo-champion?!

Add-block

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...am I the only one here who expected something else from the thread title? >.>
    Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Frankly after net neutrality is removed who knows how much worse it will get. Tracking is gonna happen no matter what you do, really. You can limit it, though, and that's what I do.
    Luckily GDPR will help EU.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    No, I thought 'fuck' was an adjective and I was hoping to find something more amusing being posted about. Does that make me a bad person?

To clarify, I wasn't expecting perhaps what you were expecting, but I was hoping for a ridiculous MMO concept and a ridiculous discussion about it to follow. Hard to say, really, what you were expecting after all.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2017-12-09 at 12:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I like watching them crush everyone’s will. Watching others do what they don’t want to do the louder they yell the more gratifying to watch broken.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

There is being "monitored" by the government which is what we all have to take and there is the "monitored" by a company that pretends to be our friend.
    Your life is too shit and boring to be of interest to anyone, let alone the government.

MMO champion stopped being a place you can discuss WoW about 7 years ago. All it is now is an advertising machine. I have blocked 47 adverts from this link and all I am trying to do is post an opinion. Why do we settle for this shit? Why do we settle for a website that is run by robots that is set on giving us ads? Are you happy that you are served ads and given the most basic of information? What value do the 30+ ads give to you to the information that is available on 37 other different websites.

well adblock takes care of that, too bad it won't block morons mods