Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I watched Totalbiscuit's beta videos and thought it looked interesting with the more sandboxy gameplay.

I bought a physical copy of the game give or take a week after it launched, my computer was unfortunately a bit too much of a potato to play properly and so I didn't play for a few years, ever since getting a computer that can run guild wars 2 maxed out I have installed and uninstalled the game maybe.. 15-16 times, previously I never understood the endgame but now that I found an item to work towards ( in this case Ydalir for my Dragonhunter ) it makes the game much more enjoyable as I feel a sense of progression whenever I complete a step on my self imposed journey.

2012 and because of the concept art style.

2014; friends wanted me to give it a shot. But I couldn't get past how few skills there were. Just felt lacking in flavor in the sense.

I got interested in GW2 about three years ago. Fooled around with it for a few months and put it on the shelf mainly because I was playing WoW and didn't need another MMO in my life right then. I've logged in three or four times a year since mostly to...well, I don't know...just to log in I guess.

This last weekend I finally sat down and logged in again with the idea of getting back into it since I'm not playing WoW at the moment (still subscribed) and not very interested in BfA. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed myself for an hour or so. So I gave some thought to buying the expansions and making it a regular thing. Then today, the expansions went on sale for half off.

Well, OK. I'm not an idiot and can tell when the forces of the universe want me to do something. So there you go. Will be picking up the expansions tonight or tomorrow, thinking about what to do with my new level 80 and start doing something on a regular basis. Whatever it was that didn't cause me to play more all those years ago, I find the game pretty agreeable now and am looking forward to taking it slow, exploring the hell out of everything and having some fun.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

Has anyone else noticed when time travelers grab you by the shoulders and ask what year it is and you tell them, they don't reply, "then I'm not too late" anymore?

I think I started to dabble around Launch. and played a bit got a character to 40 or So. Then Got hacked the hacker leveled my Necro to 80 for me, so I guess I actually came out on top of that deal. I have played a bit every now and then, but Have no one to play with so haven't picked up. Release this shit on Console and Ill play it over Tera any day.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Well, OK. I'm not an idiot and can tell when the forces of the universe want me to do something. So there you go. Will be picking up the expansions tonight or tomorrow, thinking about what to do with my new level 80 and start doing something on a regular basis. Whatever it was that didn't cause me to play more all those years ago, I find the game pretty agreeable now and am looking forward to taking it slow, exploring the hell out of everything and having some fun.
    If you find yourself hating HoT...skip it. I'm not joking. You'll miss some story, but so far PoF is infinitely more enjoyable for me. You don't actually need to do HoT, though some of the glider masteries can be helpful since you can glide everywhere in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If you find yourself hating HoT...skip it. I'm not joking. You'll miss some story, but so far PoF is infinitely more enjoyable for me. You don't actually need to do HoT, though some of the glider masteries can be helpful since you can glide everywhere in the world.
    I recently watched a few of the developer interviews leading up to PoF and the principle impression I got was that they were all very sorry for HoT and wouldn't do it again. Never expressly said as such but quite a lot of (paraphrasing) "PoF is a return to the stuff that made people fall in love with GW2 to start with". I wasn't paying attention during any of it and don't much care about the specifics at this point. I'll likely do some exploring, hit the vistas and that's about it.

Very "developer reaction-to-Cataclysm" vibe in all of that; just displaced into another game.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

Has anyone else noticed when time travelers grab you by the shoulders and ask what year it is and you tell them, they don't reply, "then I'm not too late" anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I recently watched a few of the developer interviews leading up to PoF and the principle impression I got was that they were all very sorry for HoT and wouldn't do it again. Never expressly said as such but quite a lot of (paraphrasing) "PoF is a return to the stuff that made people fall in love with GW2 to start with". I wasn't paying attention during any of it and don't much care about the specifics at this point. I'll likely do some exploring, hit the vistas and that's about it.

Very "developer reaction-to-Cataclysm" vibe in all of that; just displaced into another game.
    Yeah, HoT was...polarizing, to say the least. Plus Anet had some hiccups as they were figuring out how to handle expansion (I think it was nealry a full year before the first LS episode was released, and it took around 6-9 months for them to tone the zones down as they were super solo player unfriendly at launch.) and I think it's a time a lot of folks would rather forget. PoF really felt like a giant apology for HoT in the big way. I'm just kinda a little mad at myself for being so salty over HoT that I didn't give it a shot earlier.

It wasn't all bad (LS episodes were pretty good if you have them unlocked) and it's worth a shot to see if it's up your alley, but if it doesn't click with you by the time you get through the first zone then it probably won't ever click.
    Last edited by Edge-; Today at 04:14 AM.

WoD was the reason. I enjoyed the game. But i didnt have a Guild there or friends, so after doing some fractals i left

I thought it looked cool so I got it launch day instead of Mists of Pandaria. That is it really.
    A feeling of don't repeat the past is coming up here. On one hand don't think this will be the best expansion like the majority of us did with WoD. On the other, don't just dismiss it because the initial theme is off putting.