Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Just not got to the final zone (thought the second the last zone was the final one at first)
    You know, I meant to ask if you meant Desolation in your previous post, because Vabbi's not that bad. East side is manta-turf and bleh, but the rest is fine (watch out for quicksand).

Desolation is your slog-fest, and it's a bit tedious. The harpies (NW corner) are the worst.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You know, I meant to ask if you meant Desolation in your previous post, because Vabbi's not that bad. East side is manta-turf and bleh, but the rest is fine (watch out for quicksand).

Desolation is your slog-fest, and it's a bit tedious. The harpies (NW corner) are the worst.
    Desolation wasn't bad for me, actually. It was pretty huge, but I've gotta say...mounts are bloody great. Made getting around infinitely easier and they're like, rad as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Desolation wasn't bad for me, actually. It was pretty huge, but I've gotta say...mounts are bloody great. Made getting around infinitely easier and they're like, rad as shit.
    Did you explore much or just do story? It's a bit irritating with the ravines, if you're not already mounted on the manta, you can't mount while taking damage.

Did you explore much or just do story? It's a bit irritating with the ravines, if you're not already mounted on the manta, you can't mount while taking damage.
    During the story I nabbed stuff close by but didn't clear the zones, so I was partially done going in. Had the T3 mastery upgrades for manta/raptor/bunny as well which made things easier. Was generally surprised at how straightforward everything was, only a few points required some digging to figure out how to get to. Definitely left me with a handful of areas that I want to return to for some proper exploration though, as I would just dip in for the PoI etc. without taking a full look around.

The town at the entrance is sort of boring, the ghost tomb is sort of neat, the harpies suck, the jackal stuff is sort of neat, and the big gate thing in the west, I've never seen anyone even attempt that meta. Overall a decent zone, I enjoyed the tunnels and stuff, but the ravines and the harpies were both big irritants at the start.

There are a lot of hidden achievement things in the zone though, so it's got some repeat-appeal.

The town at the entrance is sort of boring, the ghost tomb is sort of neat, the harpies suck, the jackal stuff is sort of neat, and the big gate thing in the west, I've never seen anyone even attempt that meta. Overall a decent zone, I enjoyed the tunnels and stuff, but the ravines and the harpies were both big irritants at the start.

There are a lot of hidden achievement things in the zone though, so it's got some repeat-appeal.
    Yeah, I'm legit considering going for achieves with the PoF zones, something I didn't even do in classic...though thinking about it, going back for classic achieves wouldn't be a bad way for me to finally get the XP to spend some of my old world masteries, though I could probably do the same clearing out the old zones on an alt for some extra loot to sell and the like.

There was an early glitch that resulted in "completed a zone as a blah" credit for a bunch of my characters, so when I got around to getting the Specialization Weapon collections, I didn't actually NEED to complete most of the zones. So I've really been lax on zone completion.

Achievements, there's some fun ones, though it depends on what you enjoy obviously.

For classic, I've never been one for dungeoneering in GW2, too many WoW flashbacks. So I've done very few fractals, no raids. So yeah, I unlocked these legendary masteries that I'll never use because I won't be heading into dungeons to grind things.

The core mastery is nice though. I wish they'd put the stupid apple higher so not so many idiots with them, but eh. Area loot is supreme though.

It's funny, because I recently started playing GW2 again. I had had the game for a long time, and played it a tiny bit every now and then but never got past lvl 12 or so. (I was too busy playing WoW of course.) But now that I am just too bored with WoW, I'm giving it another shot. I'm lvl 39 now I think and having a lot of fun so far. I just learned about the /age command only to find out that my account is 2136 days old. Which is basically launch date. I also have the ring called the Hero's Band, so I guess I pre-purchased the game too.

I saw the video on youtube and after that, I start playing