10+ Year Old Account

Question Need help with decision about Rogue

Hello champs ! I have a rogue around 903 and now i finally have a time to play around with her. Well I really dont like the play style of Sub atm. I really like asa but dmg is really low and outlaw was at the start of legion like a rolling dice dps was super or super bad. I have only 1 lego so far and thats a neutral rong Sephuz.
    What do you guys think about the next months of legion which spec to stick. ( also i want spec which is kind of able to pvp - but not sub pls ).
    Thanks for advices

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrim View Post
    "i want spec which is kind of able to pvp - but not sub pls"
    "I want something to cut wood with, but not chainsaw pls".

If to be serious, you already know your answer. Stick with assa, since you like it.
    Last edited by ornichi; 2017-12-11 at 01:14 PM.

It depends on what your goal in this game is. Casual Raiding? Hardcore Mythic Raiding? PvP? Mythic+ Dungeons?

I's also a personal desicion, if you are willing to invest more time into Sub to see if your dislikes are only because of the lack of routine with this Spec or if you simply can't live with the playstyle at all. Many things start to make fun only after a specific time investment and experience. For example, after several months my Outlaw Spec works totally fluid, intuitive, natural, but i can't deal with the lack of flashiness (no Killing Spree or DfA, nothing besides Watching Buffs and activating Cleave. At least Multi-Marked-for Death Spam/Management makes a bit fun in Mythic+)
    Last edited by Barrin; 2017-12-11 at 02:24 PM.

Check out every spec, play with whatever you like more. Check out Rogue Discord, there's everything, guides, how to sim, netherlight crucible weights etc.

If you don't like RNG(dices) and don't want to play Sub - then Assa is the only one option you've got left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I aim to go with normal or hc pug time from time and also some lower keys in M+. On the other hand I want the spec to be effective in pvp scenario because i am on the pvp server. From what I can tell doing world quests with assa is a bit ... meh. In subtlety I can really kill targets with low stamin super fast. Truth is I always preffered assa from wotlk times. So the poison build will it be

Well I aim to go with normal or hc pug time from time and also some lower keys in M+. On the other hand I want the spec to be effective in pvp scenario because i am on the pvp server. From what I can tell doing world quests with assa is a bit ... meh. In subtlety I can really kill targets with low stamin super fast. Truth is I always preffered assa from wotlk times. So the poison build will it be
    Well, we cannot decide for you. But as you said - you're just 903 ilvl and you still don't have BIS legendaries. With shoulders you're going to wreck people in WPvP. Assa is the most optimal spec for you based on the things you said.

You brain basically creates some options to chose from, but in the end you always know the answer from the beginning.
    From you first message it was clear you are sticking to assa.

Your WoW-Aims sound pretty casual, so i wouldn't bother about which spec to play, just go for what you like. Heroic Raiding is a pain in the ass, and 85% based on people being dumb, not knowing/playing mechanics, not able to progress more than 2 attempts per boss, or simply playing bad and not based on Specs. If you parse 80%+ (based on your Itemlevel) with an even weaker spec and still play Encounter mechanics 100% clean and for the sake of the Group killing the Boss, you do better than the vast majority of the Public Raiding Scene and even some Mythic Guilds. So try to invest into getting good at what you like. I had Heroic PuG Wipes at Xavius, because a "Hardcore Mythic-Raiding" Healpala with so called insaaane HPS failed to understand how Dispelling works in this Encounter and wiped us 3 times.

I was once a Mythic Raider ( WotLK, Mid WoD), but it was to much obligation for me to keep 3 days a week free for over half a year, so i got some PuG Exp at the End of WoD and throughout Legion. I tied to clear Heroic instances the Week they opened via PuG, also as a Leader, (killed Xavius HC the first ID for example, and after that i often doubt humanity or need psychological help, just kidding) so here is some insight:

If you want to go for Progress Kills at the beginning of a new release, before an instance is called farmstatus (maybe something like 1 Month after relase), you will need a lot of knowledge and performance. In this time the Spec CAN be a problem. But that includes, that you already play your Character at 90+% Efficiency and the goal to PuG an Instance within the first ID is something Guilds even struggle on, so that could already be called very ambitious project. But then you wouldn't even ask here what spec to play. Of course Sub is the currently best spec for Antorus HC for that. (simply look up what bosses are the hardest to beat, and what Spec is best for this Encounters. Don't get foold by an overall performance. There is no reason to invest into a spec that is good at farmstatus bosses, but lacks the power on the real hard progress blockers) Back in WoD I tried to kill Archimonde HC in the first weeks, and that Boss was a real Challenge, a pain in the ass for many Groups. The Difficulty of the last Phase and the strict DPS requirements pushed several Specs out of the Hardcore-PuG Groups, even Classes. I got kicked out of the Group, because my DPS was to "low" and they wanted to invite another hunter, which was OP in this fight. The Killing-Group consisted of like 6 Hunters in the end. The only Problem i had here was that i was playing Sub in this Fight to quickly kill high priority targets and it was the best Spec for the last and hardest Phase and my Damage for this Phase was really good. But PuGs don't always work in a logic way. I could have played Combat, get higher overall DPS by Cleaving the shit out of the first phases which were a cakewalk, to keep me in the Group, although Combat was awful in the last Phase, which was the only real Progress/Wipe-Phase. So i was ok with it, tried the best to help the group, but sometimes, Raidleader go for maximum Failproof in therms of Ilvl and right Class/Spec, and you can do nothing about it.

Good Groups/PuG Leaders will 100% try to "read your Skill" and invite you based on this rather than any Spec or Itemlevel. Unfortunately, the way to see if somebody can play is limited. Try to get good Logs (but never sacrifice the proper Encounter play for it!) and work towards good Mythic+ Clears, and you have way more to offer than just playing "the right spec". Try also to get the right items for your prefered Spec (sim you char to know what Secondary Stats are important) and to get a high Itemlevel overall. As time comes by, itemlevels will negate every reason to not include underrepresented Specs, and in the end Skill is all that matters as soon as every Boss is outleveld by PuGs and commonly acknowledged als farm. You can easly outperform the casual HC Raider, who playes the FotM Spec even with the underdog spec as long as you know how to play. (80+% parses)

I also don't think you will get any problems with Low-Mythic+ Keys because of any Spec. And if so, try to focus on getting better at the game mechanics, User Interface, Keybindings, Knowledge of Encounters and Mobs/Boss Mechanics, rather than changing specs.

As for Arena/PvP, unfortunately i have no experience, there seems to be a tier list, only based on arena, but i can't estimate if its accurate.
    http://www.skill-capped.com/content/...wow-tier-list/

Also note, that Arena can have very different Metas based on which skilllevel you play. Maybe it is possible that Spec 1 is good for high-lvl pvp, but way worse for casual pvp. You have to try out or get another opinion here. I only played some Casual Battlegrounds, Sub/Combat were both fine. Never tried Assa.

P.S.: Don't bother about World Quests, as Ilvls come, you will be destroying everything regardless of Spec.
    Last edited by Barrin; 2017-12-11 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mates thanks for reactions I am really happy that rogue base here on Champion is so kind and responsive nice to see that. Tomoorow i sticked assa as I proposed and I even dropped another neutral lego - the trinket Kiljaden Wrath ( at least its a good stat stick imo ). But I am not fotm kind of player so I will play whatI like by the style the most. Thanks guys for convince me for the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrin View Post
    Your WoW-Aims sound pretty casual, ...
    Barrin if you play on EU I would like to play with you on any heroic pug.PM me for Battle Net ID. I'm trying to form a club of lets say old players that don't have time anymore (distractions of life such as marriage, kids .. work even... ugh)so I can clear weekly M+15 and maybe do some HC raiding. This is the kind of people I prefer to play, rather than that holy pala you mentioned. IF you play on US good luck and thanks for one of the most honest explanations on WoW Legion Scene.