Deleted

After a thousand years.... ¡¡DPS class for raiding!!

Hello,

First of all sorry for my bad english, let's start:

After some years I'm going to return and raid again. I would like to know a good DPS class for high end raiding. A few things before you post:

- I like ranged classes but I accept all recomendations.
    - I would like to read posts of people that raid seriously (dont take in offense, but for random comments I ask in general)
    - I want a DPS class that top the damage meter but I want to be usefull, I mean, I dont want a class that dot every thing and is top dps but is not doing his job (he dont have a good burst for specific situations that the raid need priority target to die fast)
    - The class should have a decent mobility and survivability.

Thanks for future answers and may the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaironx View Post
    SNIP....

- I like ranged classes but I accept all recomendations.
    Depending on which side you play. I would suggest the Smuggler Gunslinger/Agent Sniper or the Trooper commando/bounty hunter Merc. Both are ranged classes that are doing pretty well right now.

While the sage/Sorc has a range spec and it's pretty fun to play. It's not doing all that well when it comes to DPS vs the others. It's not bad but not one I'd go with right now.

- I would like to read posts of people that raid seriously (dont take in offense, but for random comments I ask in general)
    Search around Reddit or the SWTOR forums and you can find what you need. Dulfy's SW site also has some good guides. However, I'm not sure there are a lot of serious raiders let in SWTOR. Might be but I think it might be slim pickens. Bioware did a real number on serious raiding for the past 2+ years by pretty much ignoring that group of serious raiders and focusing so much on story/solo content.

- I want a DPS class that top the damage meter but I want to be usefull, I mean, I dont want a class that dot every thing and is top dps but is not doing his job (he dont have a good burst for specific situations that the raid need priority target to die fast)
    Either of the classes I mentioned have good raid use and do really well when it comes to DPS. Many like the trooper/bounty hunter because it can do a minor bit of off-healing in DPS spec if needed and has some nice cool downs for offense and defense. The GS/sniper does the DPS you're talking about but I think has a nice raid defense ability with their shield as well as a couple nice personal defense cool downs as well.

I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.

- The class should have a decent mobility and survivability.
    Both the classes I mentioned have that is various degrees.

Thanks for future answers and may the force be with you.
    Thats my take on your questions. Have a good one.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-12-12 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Depending on which side you play. I would suggest the SMuggler Gunslinger/Agent Sniper or the Trooper commando/bounty hunter Merc. Both are ranged classes that are doing pretty well right now.

While the sage/Sorc hae a range spec and it's pretty fun to play. It's not doing all that well when it comes to DPS vs the others. It's not bad but not one I'd gowith right now.

Search around Reddit or the SWTOR forums and you can find what you need. Dulfy's SW site also has some good guilds. However, I'm not sure there are a lot of serious raiders let in SWTOR. There could be but I think it might be slim pickens. Bioware did a real number on serious raiding for the past 2+ years by pretty much ignoring that group of serious raiders and focusing so much on story/solo content.

Either of the classes I mentioned have good raid use and do really well when it comes to DPS. Many like the trooper/bounty hunter because it can do a minor bit of off-healing in DPS spec if needed and has some nice cool downs for offense and defense. The GS/sniper does the DPS you're talking about but I think has a nice raid defense ability with their shield as well as a couple nice personal defense cool downs as well.

I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.

Both the classes I mentioned have that is various degrees.

Thats my take on your questions. Have a good one.
    Thanks you man! Really helpful.