Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Innervate macro!??! Need help, thank you!

Hello, Im trying to find a Innervate macro that just cast innervate and /w the player that I casted it on that he/she has Innervate. But it seems I cant find any macro that really works.. Can any one help me out?
    "You think you do, but you don't..."

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749454770
    Several mouseover macros there, including one that whisper.

If this isn't a complete stranger we're talking about, put the onus on them to use a WeakAura to provide the feedback when they have innervate.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749454770
    Several mouseover macros there, including one that whisper.
    Google was the first one I asked about this, thank you =D seems to be alot of old macros that dont work.

Quote Originally Posted by wiwiwawa View Post
    Google was the first one I asked about this, thank you =D seems to be alot of old macros that dont work.
    Considering that nothing had changed macroing-wise since then why shouldn't they work? "Old" macro is something from year 2008, not october 2016.

I think I use something like:
    /cast [target=PLAYERNAME] Innervate
    /w PLAYERNAME Take It, take it good, take my innervate

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    If this isn't a complete stranger we're talking about, put the onus on them to use a WeakAura to provide the feedback when they have innervate.
    My Disc Priest guildie has some WeakAura that, I don't know how it works, but when he triggers it via a whisper to me, it triggers a WeakAura he gave to me. Mine flashes the Innervate icon and I also added a sound effect to it, which then I just use my own Macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@PLAYERNAME] Innervate

I also use RSA (Raeli's Spell Announcer) and have it set to whenever I Innervate someone, it can whisper, yell, say, do pretty much whatever with chat.

I can get both halves of the WeakAura if you'd like it, OP, I just have to ask him for it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    I think I use something like:
    /cast [target=PLAYERNAME] Innervate
    /w PLAYERNAME Take It, take it good, take my innervate
    Yep, that'd work if it's not a stranger/they're there every time.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    My Disc Priest guildie has some WeakAura that, I don't know how it works, but when he triggers it via a whisper to me, it triggers a WeakAura he gave to me. Mine flashes the Innervate icon and I also added a sound effect to it, which then I just use my own Macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@PLAYERNAME] Innervate

I also use RSA (Raeli's Spell Announcer) and have it set to whenever I Innervate someone, it can whisper, yell, say, do pretty much whatever with chat.

I can get both halves of the WeakAura if you'd like it, OP, I just have to ask him for it tonight.

Yep, that'd work if it's not a stranger/they're there every time.
    Yes I would love that, thank you!
    I guess weakaura or some addon would be best. I want a "macro" or some thing that works for both randoms and when in guild raid. Seems like WA could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by wiwiwawa View Post
    Yes I would love that, thank you!
    I guess weakaura or some addon would be best. I want a "macro" or some thing that works for both randoms and when in guild raid. Seems like WA could do it.
    Alright I'm asking him for the WA; will edit this post at the bottom with it when he posts it (might be working or something atm).
    It's already there! Look at the bottom.

Also this won't really help you with strangers unless they actually use the same WA. I personally use "/cast [@Sherace] Innervate" (Sherace being the Disc Priest), and that never changes. I also have on VuhDo that if I hit a specific key when mousing over someone, it'll cast innervate on that person instead (if Sherace is dead). THAT would help you with strangers but the WA/my specific macro won't. For strangers, you would use "/cast [@mouseover] Innervate", and then you use that key while mousing over the healer you want to Innervate. If you want something that announces who you Innervate, again I use RSA personally, but I'm sure you could get some WA or macro that works, I just don't know the specific coding for it.

Hope that helps clarify a bit.

Edit: https://wago.io/EkN0SJvYW Here's the WA; apparently it's just for the Moonkin(s), not for the people who need the Innervate.

How it works: It scans your whispers/tells for the word "Innervate" or "innv". If someone whispers either of those to you, it will ping your WA.

Any regular healers you Innervate should have a macro that just has "/w YOURNAMEHERE Innervate" to ping you when they need it. I believe it also whispers the healer twice; once when they ping you, as acknowledgement that you got their request (it will whisper them your cooldown on Innervate if it's on CD), and once more when you actually used Innervate on them.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-12-13 at 11:04 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I like to use a focus macro that casts on my focus target and not the actual target. It's a variation of
    (Note: i can't put the at symbol in front of focus, so make sure you add it.)

/cast [focus,exists,nodead][] Innervate

you could try adding a line like

/w [target=focus] "You've Been Innervated"

not sure if the whisper command works with target=focus but worth trying.

If you just want to use Innervate and whisper the person you gave it to, a macro is the simplest way:

#showtooltip Innervate
    /use Innervate
    /w %t You have Innervate

That'd be the easiest way and will work with everyone.
    For Innervate "demands" and everything else beyond simple casting and whispering, a WeakAura like the one suggested by Polarthief would be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ExOsiris View Post
    /w [target=focus] "You've Been Innervated"

not sure if the whisper command works with target=focus but worth trying.
    Doesn't work. %f (which pulls the string of your focus) doesn't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    If you just want to use Innervate and whisper the person you gave it to, a macro is the simplest way:

#showtooltip Innervate
    /use Innervate
    /w %t You have Innervate

That'd be the easiest way and will work with everyone.
    For Innervate "demands" and everything else beyond simple casting and whispering, a WeakAura like the one suggested by Polarthief would be needed.
    This would require you to target the person, which in the heat of combat, isn't really ideal to do. At the very least, people should be using Focus or Mouseover.

PS: I didn't know you could use /use for spells. Neato.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Doesn't work. %f (which pulls the string of your focus) doesn't work either.

This would require you to target the person, which in the heat of combat, isn't really ideal to do. At the very least, people should be using Focus or Mouseover.

PS: I didn't know you could use /use for spells. Neato.

Your remark about mouseover is very true.

#showtooltip Innervate
    /use [@mouseover] Innervate
    /run SendChatMessage("You have Innervate","whisper",nil,GetUnitName("mouseover",1):gsub(" ","",2))

In theory, you could also check if the Innervate cast was successful before sending the whisper. I'm at work right now and can't try it, though.

I use this one.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player]Innervate
    /run SendChatMessage("%T! Innervate on you!","SAY");
    /run local s = GetUnitName("PLAYERTARGET") SendChatMessage("Casting Innervate on You!", "WHISPER", "COMMON", s);

Quote Originally Posted by hurl View Post
    I use this one.

#showtooltip
    /run local s = GetUnitName("PLAYERTARGET") SendChatMessage("Casting Innervate on You!", "WHISPER", "COMMON", s);

Does that actually get the name of your mouseover though? It seems to only get target.

Does that actually get the name of your mouseover though? It seems to only get target.
    Yes it does, it will /w the target and also say it in /s

The only issue I have with it is when using it on someone who is from a different realm. They still get the Innervate, but they dont get the whisper, although it does still say it in /s too. Not sure if anyone knows how this can be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by hurl View Post
    Yes it does, it will /w the target and also say it in /s

The only issue I have with it is when using it on someone who is from a different realm. They still get the Innervate, but they dont get the whisper, although it does still say it in /s too. Not sure if anyone knows how this can be fixed?

Change the GetUnitName()-function to include server name and clear that string of whitespaces. Also, you might want to change "COMMON" to nil, in case you want to use that macro on another toon that doesn't speak common.

#showtooltip
    /run local s = GetUnitName("PLAYERTARGET", 1):gsub(" ","",2) SendChatMessage("Casting Innervate on You!", "WHISPER", nil, s);

That should work.

Deleted
    I just have 2 macros for our holypala(s) and a WA that shows their name and a huge innervate icon when they whisper me innervate.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2017-12-25 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    I just have 2 macros for our holypala(s) and a WA that shows their name and a huge innervate icon when they whisper me innervate.
    Your other healers must love you if you're wasting Innervate on an HPal, the most mana-efficient healers.

Change the GetUnitName()-function to include server name and clear that string of whitespaces. Also, you might want to change "COMMON" to nil, in case you want to use that macro on another toon that doesn't speak common.

#showtooltip
    /run local s = GetUnitName("PLAYERTARGET", 1):gsub(" ","",2) SendChatMessage("Casting Innervate on You!", "WHISPER", nil, s);

That should work.
    Tried it on myself, not targeting myself but just mouse over, and it returned a LUA error, but did cast innervate on me and whispered myself that "casting innervate on You!", but the /say was "<no target>! Innervate on you!"

Just tried it on a holy priest in the auction house, same LUA error, no idea if it whispered them or not, but it did cast innervate on them, but again the /say was "<no target>! Innervate on you!"
    Last edited by Grimdeeds; 2018-01-03 at 09:13 PM.