Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I know there are, but many of these vocational jobs aren't that easy to get accepted into - and I tried - due how the educational system works. In Norway, anyway. I'll try to explain
    You are in 10th grade, and these are you options:
    You want to study history at university - three years of high school, you apply at university (this is what I did and thus I'm without the right for more high school education)
    You want to study physics - you need to study high school math and physics, biology/chemistry would be a good idea too. You can't apply for uni science without these

You want to be a car mechanic or hair dresser, or basically anything vocational - two years of school within the correct study, then two years as an apprentice. You have a practical exam, and you get your diploma.

Another option for people like me who didn't to the vocational route, is to be an apprentice for five years, then do the practical exam and get the diploma. The problem is that companies won't hire those looking to be apprentices but didn't go to school. Unless you have "unoffical" experience. Which I didn't in the construction job. I attented a course to be allowed to drive excavator and loader, but it was a waste of money. The only person who gave me a "chance" paid too little, while at the same time being a horrible boss/person (so maybe for the best that it didn't last long).

I'll do the forklift course and take it from there, and try to build a foundation on that, hopefully. I'm also hoping to expand my knowledge within the world of cars

And I can't help myself, whereever I turn there are people with university education (forums, real life), and I feel the peer pressure to attend as well, though when it comes down to it, I'm a practical person, not theoretical.

I know there is/will be a demand for nurses, but, eh, it's not really my thing :P Though I'm happy to see more men considering it! I don't have the stamina to be a firefighter I think, and the chich aspect isn't too appealing since I'm not lesbian I'm not giving up hope just yet, just ran into an unfortunate situation, though thank you
    Granted I am not familiar with how norway education works
    There are however many nice programs level4 level5 or level6 and a few even level 7 that are distance learning from UK called BTEC (btec is mostly vocational)
    They are dirt cheap and you can use for sure a level5 to get into any uni in norway in related field (contact the norwegian univerisity you are interested in before taking any action, and see - they may even accept you into 2nd year. With a level6 they may even accept you into 3rd year etc. )

It is good way to bypass restrictions by doing the 1st year like that and then continue into the norway system

I'm a pimp. I like my ho's getting me my money.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My wife says I’m retired but I prefer to say I’m between jobs.

Not hurting for money in the least but feeling worthless is no fun.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2017-12-15 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    I'm working on a PhD in theoretical chemistry. I do research and torture students by asking them questions they didn't expect and watch them squirm.... until I give them a hint or two, because they are supposed to learn something and not just suffer for my entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the most exciting job but it pays. I'm a librarian who works in an "audio/visual" department that has DVDs, music CDs, and audio CD books and I hate it here. It's not the work it's the constant dealing with the public and even my own coworkers. My patience with them has just run out. Most of the people I deal with are people on welfare who are inconsiderate, disrespectful assholes so you can imagine what it's like telling them they have a fine on their card or that they have to pay for a damaged item. It's always "no, I returned my stuff on time" or a disc will be completely broken and they'll say "no it wasn't me it was checked out like that" even though we open and inspect each and every DVD that goes out both when they're returned and when they go out. They always think you're stupid enough to believe their bullshit lies, it's almost offensive.

Coworkers are no better. There's a few that are cool but most of them are lazy, ignorant, and incompetent. When a bunch of kids are causing trouble it's our duty to at least try to solve the problem by either telling them to behave or to kick them out. Most of them are either lazy or too afraid to do anything so most of the time they just call the maintenance/security guys to deal with it who have enough shit to deal with in their own department. When I call them up to help (which I don't bother with anymore) for a 15 minute break I'd come back to a pile of stuff to put away because they were too lazy to do it. There are people that have been here for 10+ years and they STILL don't know how to do simple things that I learned how to do in the 8 years that I have been working here.

I'm left by myself a lot of times while every other department has at least 2-3 people to work with and in my department it can get pretty damn stressful. Somedays it'll be for 4 hours somedays it'll be for the whole day because someone was sick and they didn't bother to replace that person. The part that pisses me off though is that whenever someone calls out sick in THEIR department they're replaced all the time. So it's like they're not concerned with leaving me by myself but when it comes to them they right away replace that person because it'll mean they'll have to work harder and they don't want to do that. Again like I said they're lazy. Thing is too my department has the most responsibilities and it requires you to multitask A LOT. They know this too which is why they never like to come up to help.

So yeah that's my job. You'd think with me ranting off about it I'd be somewhere else but I'm in a position where it's only a 5 min. drive from where I live, I have good benefits, vacation days, and despite all my responsibilities and the stress I go through sometimes it's easy money. The only way I'm leaving this place is if I find a job with equal or better pay and it has to be something that doesn't deal with the public or at least as much, I am done with that shit. If I found that job I'd be out of here in a heartbeat but it's hard finding a job where I live, nothing around. So for now I just have to bite the bullet and deal with this shithole until I find that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Registered Nurse at a Psych Hospital, almost $40 an hour, cant complain...
    My mom did that for awhile. She got me a job there. 6 months of that was more than enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    My mom did that for awhile. She got me a job there. 6 months of that was more than enough for me.

I work night shift (11p-7a), I do a little bit of paper work and that's about it... maybe an admit or 2.... but for the most part, I find myself watching, and rewatching shows on Netflix.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I'm a locomotive engineer and I dislike trains.
    i love trains.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Registered Nurse at a Psych Hospital, almost $40 an hour, cant complain...
    Well if salary is all you like about it then yeah you should complain.

Server on the weekends. Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant. Mainly, I'm a dad, but while my wife (in school) is home, I go work. I make anywhere from $20-$40/hour while I'm on the floor. My formal training is in classical music, but those jobs are few and far between, though I did play with a symphony orchestra across the state before my daughter was born.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis