Poll: What race's heritage armor would you be most excited for?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heritage armor for existing races?

Seriously, why did they design uber cool sets of racial-pride armor and not design sets for the existing races? I want a forsaken dreadguard set, dammit! Where's my spellbreaker armor, my tricked out orc?! Highmountain tauren are getting totems on their back before real tauren are, and it's saddening me to my core.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Seriously, why did they design uber cool sets of racial-pride armor and not design sets for the existing races? I want a forsaken dreadguard set, dammit! Where's my spellbreaker armor, my tricked out orc?! Highmountain tauren are getting totems on their back before real tauren are, and it's saddening me to my core.
    #1 You can already have totems on your back without any heritage armor set right now on any character Alliance or Horde. There is an NPC you can buy them from at Thunder Totem, it's not even an xmog just a cosmetic item that sits in your inventory.

#2 I guess you never saw the armor sets you can buy in your garrison in WOD. These Orc "heritage" sets already exist.

#3 The Forsaken Dreadguard set can be remade nearly 100% with low level greens and blues, except the shield.

I agree more heritage sets would be nice but other than for the sake of just having more transmog sets (which we should) who cares honestly? This is just part of the prestige with Allied Races.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-12 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Seriously, why did they design uber cool sets of racial-pride armor and not design sets for the existing races?
    sell·ing point
    ˈseliNG ˌpoint
    noun
    noun: selling point; plural noun: selling points
    A feature of a product for sale that makes it attractive to customers.

The Sentinel armor would be my number one priority.

Deleted
    None honestly, if you add one to existing race, everybody and their mom are gonna spam reddit and forums for special armor for every damn race

Let's face it, the mass amount of armor is based on the weird 'class fantasy' idea rather than the 'race fantasy'. I only play trolls, and I can say that most armor in the game definitely is elvish, human, - well basically, a majority is Alliance looking. There are few tiki masks, few wolf pelts, few feather/tribal things, and the majority of those minority are old Vanilla/BC low res armor. I am looking VERY forward to fighting on Zandalar and finally have an expansion that touches on my race and gives us many rewards that fit the Horde style. I find it weird that people are asking for Night Elves and Blood Elf heritage armor when there exists plenty to choose from already in the game lol

7+ Year Old Account
    This should've been choose many poll imo. I'd welcome them for pretty much all races, after they did the SW/OG guard sets

either blood elf or night elf would be wonderful.

but i want to see some for all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves & Blood Elves
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    sell·ing point
    ˈseliNG ˌpoint
    noun
    con·sist·en·cy
    kənˈsistənsē
    noun
    1.conformity in the application of something, typically that which is necessary for the sake of logic, accuracy, or fairness.
    "the grading system is to be streamlined to ensure greater consistency"
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

What the hell is spellbreaker armor and what does it have to do with races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    What the hell is spellbreaker armor and what does it have to do with races.
    If you're being serious: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Blood+Elf+Spellbreaker

What's to say they won't add transmog sets for each of the existing races...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Let's face it, the mass amount of armor is based on the weird 'class fantasy' idea rather than the 'race fantasy'. I only play trolls, and I can say that most armor in the game definitely is elvish, human, - well basically, a majority is Alliance looking. There are few tiki masks, few wolf pelts, few feather/tribal things, and the majority of those minority are old Vanilla/BC low res armor. I am looking VERY forward to fighting on Zandalar and finally have an expansion that touches on my race and gives us many rewards that fit the Horde style. I find it weird that people are asking for Night Elves and Blood Elf heritage armor when there exists plenty to choose from already in the game lol
    ... Here we see a rare specimen of a human being that's managed to entirely miss out on entire raid/dungeon tiers themed around trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by The French Guy View Post
    None honestly, if you add one to existing race, everybody and their mom are gonna spam reddit and forums for special armor for every damn race
    and every race should get one.

it's stupid it hasn't happened already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    What's to say they won't add transmog sets for each of the existing races...?

- - - Updated - - -

... Here we see a rare specimen of a human being that's managed to entirely miss out on entire raid/dungeon tiers themed around trolls.
    No... I think you misunderstood. I di dnot say the is NO armor, there is little. In fact, I believe you will find that other than 'mail' armor (dungeon and raid gear), there is even LESS Horde/Troll themed gear. Compare it to the massive thousands of pieces of gear that match ALliance races, go on, I'll give you time. You'll find that I am correct. When comparing the two, if one plays a NE, Human, Dwarf and such, there exists far more gear to choose from. And again, in case you skim over this:

I say there exists little/few/a minority of armor (especially hi-res) that is troll/tauren/orc tribal 'race fantasy' looks. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    sell·ing point
    ˈseliNG ˌpoint
    noun
    If you don't plan on playing any of the new races it's a pretty pointless selling feature.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-For-All-Races

I already made a thread for this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    No... I think you misunderstood. I di dnot say the is NO armor, there is little. In fact, I believe you will find that other than 'mail' armor (dungeon and raid gear), there is even LESS Horde/Troll themed gear. Compare it to the massive thousands of pieces of gear that match ALliance races, go on, I'll give you time. You'll find that I am correct. When comparing the two, if one plays a NE, Human, Dwarf and such, there exists far more gear to choose from. And again, in case you skim over this:

I say there exists little/few/a minority of armor (especially hi-res) that is troll/tauren/orc tribal 'race fantasy' looks. Sheesh.
    I didn't misunderstand anything.
    As someone having chased transmog (gotten all achievements for it), I struggle to see where there's been more race fantasy aimed at Alliance races than Horde ones. They're about equally bad, but at least Throne of Thunder and to some extent Siege of Orgrimmar + Trial of the Crusader focused a bit on faction and race identity.

I'd love to see what "massive thousands of pieces" you have found that were tailored specifically to Alliance and not to Horde.

Deleted
    We got faction themed transmog in upcoming warfronts, kul tiras & troll themed armor during the leveling. Armor for BE ? wtf there is already some full themed (hello sunwell) set around the BE race fantasy.

Blizz give you the hand, you want the whole arms

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I didn't misunderstand anything.
    As someone having chased transmog (gotten all achievements for it), I struggle to see where there's been more race fantasy aimed at Alliance races than Horde ones. They're about equally bad, but at least Throne of Thunder and to some extent Siege of Orgrimmar + Trial of the Crusader focused a bit on faction and race identity.

I'd love to see what "massive thousands of pieces" you have found that were tailored specifically to Alliance and not to Horde.
    Ok, now I know you're just trolling me.