Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    my deathadder 2013 is still going strong.

so not all razer products are shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you say so. I've seen the terrible construction on things like the scroll wheel(the flimsy piece of aluminum that causes faults in 90% of their mice) and the quality of their proprietary switches to know that Razer is coasting on their name at this point instead of putting out quality products. You can believe whatever you like though.
    I find it hilarious that you're so quick to throw away other people's anecdotal evidence yet all you're bringing to the table is your own. It's almost like you can't see the hypocrisy but I don't want to believe you could be that blind.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I have never experienced the issues you have and I have used more Razer products than I can count. My main kb/mouse is over 2 years old now and still working as well as they did on day 1.

I will +1 the the membrane KB being shite, could had paid a few more dollars and got a real mechanical.
    And I have had nothing but problems with razer products. I had a keyboard whose control board was bad and keys would randomly stop responding until I restarted my computer. I broke the right-click on not one but TWO razer mice within the first month of buying them. After that I said fuck it.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Been using Razer products in one way or another since their first one back in '99, the boomslang mouse, gone through numerous iterations of the naga, diamondback and deathadder and many other snake mice in the years, also had numerous mechanical keyboards from them, with the current keyboard being the razer blackwidow ultimate, build quality has indeed suffered over the years, my current keyboard which is ~7 years old still works fine but has suffered with double key press ghosting since, well I got it pretty much, had it replaced a few times but they all tend to suffer from the same issue eventually.

The only product I have yet to use from Razer are their headphones, but only because I love my Audio-Technica ATH-M50X's so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a Razer mouse for many years, no problems.
    Have a naga for 1 year now, mousewheel already going up and down by even just looking at it.
    Have a Razer keyboard, no problems.
    I guess it's just luck. Overall Razer is good stuff.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Had a Razer mouse for many years, no problems.
    Have a naga for 1 year now, mousewheel already going up and down by even just looking at it.
    Have a Razer keyboard, no problems.
    I guess it's just luck. Overall Razer is good stuff.
    I would go with “they are as good as other products from other companies in the same price ranges”

I can get better mechanical board than a Razer... but itll cost twice as much. Ditto for most of their other products. Their mice, i will say, seem to have had a noticable quality drop off of late, but their keyboards, headsets, et al, are as good as their price comparable competitors.

Ive had good luck with their keyboards. Both of my original BWU keyboards from 2012 (handed down to my wife) are still going strong, and one of them has been drowned twice because my wife is a clutz.

I currently use the Black Widow Chroma TE (10-keyless) with the “Razer Green” MX-blue knockoffs (gave my Corsair K65 RGB to my wife when i built her new rig somshe could match the colors to her rgb bling) and its a perfectly good board with good tactile response. Ive been using an Ornata Chroma on my daily driver Mac for a few months now and have zero complaints. Yeah, yeah “but its a membrane board!” - to which i say...

So what? Membranes arent inherently inferior to switches (as far as reliability of actuation and lifespan) as long as they are produced to a good standard, and the hybrid mech-membrane keys are actually quite responsive. I get the tactile click, the spring mechanism reduces strain on the actuation portion (so itll have a lifespan more like a mech board) and it makes a satisfying click.

Its a BIT steep at the MSRP (i almost bought another BW TE Chroma instead) but you can often find it for 20-30 off. At that price, its a decent little board. I tried it out because i do like low profile keys, but good low profile full mech boards are expensive as hell. For the 75 i paid for it...cant complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    my deathadder 2013 is still going strong.

so not all razer products are shit
    Mine deathadder 2013 broke within 1 year of purchase
    so all razer products are shit

Quote Originally Posted by Alantor View Post
    Yeah, your evidence is not anecdotal at all.
    anecdotal evidence is fine imo, the difference is one or few people in a thread saying "my razer products never broke" and observing hundreds or thousands of threads posted about issues with their gear. Even on this forum when you see thread titles "mouse/keyboard issues" in most cases it is about razer. Furthermore when I used razer their software was objectively shit - it crashed, it updated and restarted pc mid gaming session without notice, it forced you to login to web - might have changed but it was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    Mine deathadder 2013 broke within 1 year of purchase
    so all razer products are shit

anecdotal evidence is fine imo, the difference is one or few people in a thread saying "my razer products never broke" and observing hundreds or thousands of threads posted about issues with their gear. Even on this forum when you see thread titles "mouse/keyboard issues" in most cases it is about razer. Furthermore when I used razer their software was objectively shit - it crashed, it updated and restarted pc mid gaming session without notice, it forced you to login to web - might have changed but it was the case.
    Meanwhile, the world has moved on, and almost all peripheral makers force you to get an account. Not that im defending Synapse. While it has gotten loads better (and the 3.0 beta is WAY better), its still pretty awful. But the same can be said for the other device manufacturers. Corsairs software is an unintuitive fucking nightmare.

And two things...

Anecdotal evidence is not fine.

No one here believes for one moment youve seen “hundreds of thousands of threads” on the issue, so just stop the bullshit posturing trying to make YOUR anecdotal evidence seem non-anecdotal.

For one thing, you will always see an order of magnitude more posts about a broken or problem device.... ‘ cause the people who arent having problems arent on forms making posts about how they arent having problems. And secondly... id rather rely on hard data. A quick pass through Consumer Reports’ database shows that Razer has about as many issues as every other major company, except logitech... Logitech is all over the place, but i chalk that up to them having such a broad range of products, from bargain-bin junk to high end, well put together parts.

Is Razer the bestest evar? No, of course not. But they arent any better or worse than the other companies competing in the same price envelopes. Are there better keyboards than Razer boards? Sure. And they cost comensurately more. Same with good audio headgear. I can drop several hundred bucks on a killer pair of Sennheisers, but if im looking for a headset in the 40-120$ range...Razers offerings are as good as anyone elses at that price point. Which is to say... “pretty good”.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    So I ordered ROC this afternoon for around 100 euro price. It's the one with the wrist rest. It seems like a good keyboard to me, any thoughts?
    Well, it's razer so a good bet is that it'll break down in less than 6 months.
    That company just can't make quality stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    My experience is based on actual evidence, it isn’t anecdotal.
    Personal experience is always anecdotal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Meanwhile, the world has moved on, and almost all peripheral makers force you to get an account. Not that im defending Synapse. While it has gotten loads better (and the 3.0 beta is WAY better), its still pretty awful. But the same can be said for the other device manufacturers. Corsairs software is an unintuitive fucking nightmare.
    Just because it is "norm" doesn't mean we should like it or be silent about it.

No one here believes for one moment youve seen “hundreds of thousands of threads” on the issue, so just stop the bullshit posturing trying to make YOUR anecdotal evidence seem non-anecdotal.
    Figure of speech - doesn't change fact that more often than not if you see post about mouse/keyboard issue on this forums it is razer issue. Come to think of it I don't remember actually seeing one that was not razer. So either I am biased and don't remember others, there are more people buying razer that require help(be it because they are not as tech savvy or razer does break more often), people on this particular forum buy more razer product than other brands or bit of all.

For one thing, you will always see an order of magnitude more posts about a broken or problem device.... ‘ cause the people who arent having problems arent on forms making posts about how they arent having problems.
    Yet I see order of magnitude more posts about broken nagas or deathadders than other brands

And secondly... id rather rely on hard data. A quick pass through Consumer Reports’ database shows that Razer has about as many issues as every other major company, except logitech... Logitech is all over the place, but i chalk that up to them having such a broad range of products, from bargain-bin junk to high end, well put together parts.

Is Razer the bestest evar? No, of course not. But they arent any better or worse than the other companies competing in the same price envelopes. Are there better keyboards than Razer boards? Sure. And they cost comensurately more. Same with good audio headgear. I can drop several hundred bucks on a killer pair of Sennheisers, but if im looking for a headset in the 40-120$ range...Razers offerings are as good as anyone elses at that price point. Which is to say... “pretty good”.
    There are better and worse product in same price range. And razer seem to be the later.

It's not personal experience. It's experience with multiple products of theirs that friends have asked to have repaired. Upon opening them they all have the same shit build quality inside that leads to massive issues. It's also a professional assessment based on the way they have designed and constructed their products. But, you know, at least some people who have no electronics degrees had their products last a few years. Clearly they know more about how the products are put together than me.
    Well they certainly understand what ‘personal experience’ and anecdotal evidence mean, which you clearly do not. Even if you examined 1,000 products for friends, it would still be infintessimal compared to the number of products they sell or that exist in the wild. Its not a statistically relevant sample. Nor have you done a statistically relevant number of teardowns on a relevant number of their competitors products to compare them to.

So, rock on with your anecdotal evidence and silly appeal to authority fallacy. No one cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's experience with multiple products of theirs that friends have asked to have repaired.
    So personal experience.

Deleted
    I have a razer tartarus chroma (membrane) and a razer hex v2 mouse.

Both are awesome and seem to be great quality. Have used them for >1 year.

Mechanical keys are overrated (not saying they're not awesome).

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, personal experience using my professional opinion to evaluate their products. It's not anecdotal though because I'm not basing any of this on my personal experience. This is my professional opinion based on research and hands-on investigations of their products. I get that you don't like that I have multiple degrees and decades of experience with computer hardware, but I'm not just saying it's bad because it stopped working for me. I'm saying they're bad because the level of engineering is shoddy and the actual construction is sub-standard for the prices they charge. Sorry, but that's my professional opinion. Add in their lack of an actual quality control division and I would NEVER buy a Razer product from the company in its current state.
    I don't dislike anything about your education, it's meaningless and irrelevant to me. You're still giving nothing but anecdotal evidence, now under the guise of an appeal to authority (which is just another logical fallacy).