Poll: Suramar or Silvermoon: Which if you had to choose one

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Suramar or Silvermoon - if you had to choose one.

Whiles I am preening with delight we get both - even though Alliance players butt sore about it even if they can still go to Suramar in 7.3.5, if you had to choose one though which one would it be?

If blizzard decided, hey, we can't really give the horde both elven cities, they can have only one and the choice was either to have the High and void elves take over Silvermoon or the Night elves to take over Suramar, which would you prefer and why? State which faction you are.. and ify ou are both factions, just pick which option appeals to you most.

• I'd rather Silvermoon, lose Suramar - I 'm horde
    • Gain Silvermoon at all cost, they can have Suramar - I'm alliance.
    • Suramar all the way, I can live without Silvermoon - I'm horde
    • Suramar without a doubt, strong ties, they can keep Silvermoon - I'm alliance

**EDIT ADD
    Un-updated Silvermoon, I presume that won't be forever.. if we get a race expansion, every race will have a capital -- well every major race, as I suspect racial capitals will be your race's order hall, since every race actually has a city already built, it's just a matter of decorating those who don't have homes like Gnomeragan for example will have that stuff restored and Silvermoon will get its update. Trolls will have Zuldazar, and with a destroyed Darnasuss, night elves will either have Suramar or it would be the high elves/void elves that have Silvermoon and it be the alliance Elven city. So we might have both cities for now but there is a real chance it won't last. Besides I don't see the alliance seeing the status quo as fair and will moan about it forever, still, I'll enjoy the tears till it changes. And if it does change, which one will you rather keep and why! Factor in the possibility that Silvermoon will be updated into your decision.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2017-12-12 at 05:23 PM.

Suramar in game seems to be just a few NPCs and portals at the back, Silvermoon is an actual city in game, that one

10+ Year Old Account
    (Alliance)
    Suramar is obviously very pretty indeed, but so is silvermoon. Considering placements... I'd prefer Silvermoon. This would make it so we could travel all the way to the top of Eastern Kingdoms with portals, not having to fly from Ironforge to get to Western Plaguelands and so on.

On the other hand... I love the look of Suramar. But I barely played endgame during Legion, so.. I'm going with Silvermoon, please! ^.^
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Yes, this is not meant to be an easy poll, so you can only choose one. Bear in mind Silvermoon will one day get an update (well hopefully), but the main contention is which race's capital do you feel more attached too, or you think the factions will be more invested in. The alliance has a much larger night elf population than the horde, and the horde have a much larger Thalassian population than the alliance. However it's a toss up in the races as there will be blood elves who identify more with highe lves and the humans, and night elves (incl highborne) who identify more with the tauren or the nightborne. - in a more realistic wow world.

It's hypothetical, and I'm curious to see how you would choose.

I've also just noticed that it is weird the night elves are on the alliance and the blood elves are on the horde. Because as it stands, the night elves have more in common with the nightborne and the Tauren than any alliance race, and the blood elves have more in common with the humans than any horde race. Why are they even on those factions?

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, I better not derail my own thread

Hard decision, Suramar has more lore, but is too big to make use of it in the long run.

Silvermoon isn't such pretty, but if they updated it a bit and maybe used the ruined part of the city more...

Silvermoon, but by a narrow margin.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Suramar in game seems to be just a few NPCs and portals at the back, Silvermoon is an actual city in game, that one
    Silvermoon is half a city, with a bunch of npcs and no portals....

Alos, why pick? We get both :3

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Silvermoon is half a city, with a bunch of npcs and no portals....

Alos, why pick? We get both :3
    Not only that, poor Silvermoon is ugly af, time elapsed since BC has not been gentle with the poor thing... Also it has the worst layout of any capital city, and you can't even fly in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Not only that, poor Silvermoon is ugly af, time elapsed since BC has not been gentle with the poor thing... Also it has the worst layout of any capital city, and you can't even fly in it.
    I presume that won't be forever.. if we get a race expansion, every race will have a capital -- well every major race, as I suspect racial capitals will be your race's order hall, since every race actually has a city already built, it's just a matter of decorating those who don't have homes like Gnomeragan for example will have that stuff restored. Trolls will have Zuldazar, and with a destroyed Darnasuss, night elves will either have Suramar or it would be the high elves/void elves that have Silvermoon and it be the alliance Elven city. So we might have both cities for now, but while this is hypothetical, that situation might not last for too long. Besides I don't see the alliance seeing the status quo as fair and will moan about it forever, still, I'll enjoy the tears till it changes. And if it does change, which one will you rather keep and why>

Take Silvermoon, leave Suramar - I'm Alliance

Would be interesting to see Void Elves claim Silvermoon and Sunwell to be converted. Wild theory, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post

Would be interesting to see Void Elves claim Silvermoon and Sunwell to be converted. Wild theory, that's just me.
    Hmmm...the Void well, is that even possible? Would the high elves agree tho.. would there be any high elves that aren't void elves?

If Silvermoon was a fly zone and had portals to other major cities, I'd never leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post

A voidwell would utterly corrupt the land though, I doubt the rest of the Alliance would be willing to let them do something like that, not to mention there are only a handful of void elves, so pretty much all of Quel'thalas would be uninhabited.

10+ Year Old Account
    My option wasn't available, at the state of silvermoon city's design, Suramar. Though, Silvermoon is the home for the Sin'dorei, so - sticking with Silvermoon for that choice, losing Suramar but I would rather keep both because that is how it'll be it seems.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Bah Silvermoon is so god damn overrated. Its a cramped piece of shits thats what it is, tiny and narrow path ways, absolutely nothing to do there, so Remote from anything. And then at the top of it the city is basically chopped in half since you can't Access the other side because of the Scar, well you can but if you ask me it doesen't even look like it would be a part of the main city. The Throne room thing however is rather Nice to look at, but thats the only thing
    An'u belore delen'na

Silvermoon is cool the first times.While Suramar is beautifull everyday.

I wished i could stay more but it population are a bunch of rude assholes, can't i take a both ride without a stupid Nightborne guard trying to stop me, just kill everyone on the city and preserve the place.

Keep Silvernmoon. As a Blood Elf Paladin the thought of losing the Sunwell again is just too much. Please no.

Have Suramar, lose Silvermoon - I'm horde

We can fly in Suramar. Nuff said.

Suramar is the prettiest and towniest town in wow right now, it might lack some detail (hidden stuff, etc) like stormwind, due not having beeing used for all kinds of things over 13 years, but it certainly beats any other town design wise.

If they updated Silvermoon I'd take that, suramar jsut looks so much better.