Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How didn't Sargeras cause an earthquake/tsunamis/volcanoes?

Normally the speed and mass of Sargeras' sword should have partially cracked Azeroth from its impact, but I won't even go there.

The speed it hit with should have caused massive tsunamis and earthquakes to make the Shattering feel like a level 1 Richeter's scale tremor.

What the fuck is with the mini scar and no other visible damage to the planet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Patience young padawan. The time of death and destruction will occur later.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The magical fire that surrounded AND composed part of the blade made it go very smoothly into the ground. It melted Silithus with minimal ground movement in the adjacent regions.

Also, since the Well of Eternity's implosion, Azeroth's rocky surface has been very porous, which absorbs any impact of this magnitude.

Rule of Cool
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Pointy stick vs big round ball.
    Slow pointy stick vs 100x the speed of sound round ball.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The magical fire that surrounded AND composed part of the blade made it go very smoothly into the ground. It melted Silithus with minimal ground movement in the adjacent regions.

Also, since the Well of Eternity's implosion, Azeroth's rocky surface has been very porous, which absorbs any impact of this magnitude.
    Oh fuck me had to had a Geology master's graduate on MMO Champ

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Pointy stick vs big round ball.
    Slow pointy stick vs 100x the speed of sound round ball.
    Slow is relative, it passed through the atmosphere with the speed of a meteor, if not faster. You could see the air compressing around the tip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magic. It was magic. (Seriously, Earth physics in a world where a large cloud dude spears a planet with a flaming sword? )

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, magic, unless you want to consider how screwed Azeroth's orbit is for having something bigger than a planet within sword range of it for even a little bit of time
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Magic. It was magic. (Seriously, Earth physics in a world where a large cloud dude spears a planet with a flaming sword? )
    Ugh...Deathwing flapped his wings and bumped his head on a wall and it split Barrens in two and drowned Thousand Needles.

Massive sword 50x his size is too much for you?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    A three-foot tall gnome can swing around two six-foot spears without killing itself, physics mean nothing in Azeroth.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    It's WoW. Realism went out the door a long time ago. Like, how can this even be a problem when we opened a magic portal to another planet and their proximity had no gravitational effect?

The whole cloud goes humanoid, forms a sword and stabs a planet is problably a bigger offender aswell.

Yeah, i gave up when outland was the remains of a planet floating, not acreting and with an atmosphere. Like... mind blown of nonsense.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sharp magic sword, no resistance to puny sandpit called Silithus.

At least it wasn't magic sand (archimonde in warcraft 3 video used sand to resemble dalaran and then wipe it off the map). /s
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-13 at 03:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would -really- like to know where his HAND was when he stabbed Silithus. He clearly had his hand on Azeroth - and it was clearly on the surface so it couldn't have been in the ocean... so where? It must've left a huge handprint SOMEWHERE!

Its implied that Argus had been helping keep the broken and stuff survive, I assume Azeroth could do the same and lessen the damage to the surrounding area and people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Ugh...Deathwing flapped his wings and bumped his head on a wall and it split Barrens in two and drowned Thousand Needles.

Yeah. He bumped his head on the pillar of the world which is in an other dimension safe from Sargeras sword.

Normally the speed and mass of Sargeras' sword should have partially cracked Azeroth from its impact, but I won't even go there.

The speed it hit with should have caused massive tsunamis and earthquakes to make the Shattering feel like a level 1 Richeter's scale tremor.

What the fuck is with the mini scar and no other visible damage to the planet?
    Because Magic..... But Deathwing ripped the world asunder...... #mythicalworldproblems

Deathwing broke the world pillar when he busted from Deepholm, Sargeras did not.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    cause of magic, forget about the damn sword for a second. Can you image what damage sargeras woulda done to the planet being that close to it, hell it looked like he was straddleing the planet for a few seconds.

Slow is relative, it passed through the atmosphere with the speed of a meteor, if not faster.
    Nope. A meteor would have entered the atmosphere at up to 72 km/sec.

The sword, entered orders of magnitude slower than that, also the sword wasn't physical for much of the journey.

Not an earth shattering event (the impact that is - the insertion into the planet is another story).

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

it's not how big the sword is, it's how skillfully one swings it.