need a good data recovery software.

i deleted something from my recycle bin i need back. anyone know a good data recov software i can dl to get it back or any other method

If you're using an SSD you can't get your data back as it is stored differently than on a spinning hard drive. Otherwise, I would check google for a free data recovery software (from a trusted source).

Active@ Undelete worked real good for me when i did a whoops on a laptop hdd

There are many choices you will find recommended in data recovery. I prefer https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/to...e-windows.html
    Each tool has strengths and weaknesses and your knowledge of each tool will be the most important.
    Last edited by duke dumont; 2017-12-26 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c0rnel View Post
    If you're using an SSD you can't get your data back as it is stored differently than on a spinning hard drive. Otherwise, I would check google for a free data recovery software (from a trusted source).
    It will work for SSD's aswell. When you delete stuff on your computer it doesn't delete it per se but just flags whatever location the data existed at as free space. It doesn't bother overwriting the data with zeros etc, doing this would be incredibly slow for big files and will make the drive age faster due to unnecessary write operations.

( This is why you always should run a drive through some deletion software before selling / trashing it. And no - a full format wont do this. )

Try something like this OP http://www.piriform.com/recuva
    Last edited by makketota; 2017-12-23 at 08:02 PM.

ZAR - Zero Assumption Recovery. I recovered 3TB from an odd Linux partition with it, so Recycled stuff should be no sweat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    It will work for SSD's aswell. When you delete stuff on your computer it doesn't delete it per se but just flags whatever location the data existed at as free space. It doesn't bother overwriting the data with zeros etc, doing this would be incredibly slow for big files and will make the drive age faster due to unnecessary write operations.
    SSDs work different though. In order to write new data to a block it needs to be erased first and there is also no guarantee that a logical sector will be always mapped to the same physical flash cells - it's even unlikely due to wear and tear leveling.

The major factor for recovery is whether the OS implements TRIM properly.

On HDDs all that happens when you delete a file is that its entry in the file table is deleted, so the contents are still happily sitting on the disc until they are overwritten by new data.

This is also true for SSDs without TRIM, however in order to improve the SSDs performance and lifespan modern OSs will also send TRIM commands for the files content, causing the SSD to schedule those blocks for garbage collection, i.e. erasing (with relocation of still valid data if necessary) and most drives will return 0s at that point even if the block has not been erased yet.

So if your OS (and the SSD) use TRIM properly you may be SOL when it comes to data recovery.
    There are some other factors that affect whether TRIM will be used or not: afaik TRIM is disabled for RAIDs, FAT file system, external drives and encrypted disks.

Deleted
    You have a lot of options to do it , and I'm talking about recovery, you can get them from Google ,