Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

reforms to the republican party

So with Republicans looking to lose 2018 followed by 2020 here are my ideas of what they should focus on if they want to earn respect again.
    1. Tax cuts across the board akin to the 1986 tax reform
    2. Support for a female absolute right to have abortion and support planned parenthood
    3. Support for legalization of Marijuana, hemp, and salvia
    4. Support for TPP and other free trade agreements include the u.k
    5. Slash of military funding by 30% with funds redirected to healthcare and education
    6. Active support for growing Crypto Currency
    7. Increase promotion of green and Nuclear energy. This includes support for Biofuel, biodiesel, Ethanol, Solar, and Wind.
    8. Recognition of Same-Sex Marriage. ---> 21st century we don't live in the past anymore.
    9. Reduce involvement in Afghanistan and bring our troops back home.
    10. Strengthen Anti Trust acts to encourage fair play.
    11. Audit the federal reserve and close all unconstituional programs such as the NSA.
    12. Support for science and NASA
    Everything else that republicans have I will not put on this list such as cutting Medicare and Medicaid gun support and various other programs. I support those ideas but the current ones listed above are designed to open up the party to fresh ideas and new faces.
    To give a rough idea of where I am positioning the republican party here are two links.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_Republican
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism
    Feel free to offer ideas but please be respectful too.
    Last edited by Taso; 2017-12-15 at 12:57 AM.

Seven of those are basic components concepts of the Democratic Party... so that may not go well with their core base.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Seven of those are basic components concepts of the Democratic Party... so that may not go well with their core base.
    Well its never too late to purge them out and let them find another group.

Seems like your values/ideas align more with Democratic ones.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear?

I mean no offense but wtf is this list, no Republican gives a shit about these issues.

Here is what Republicans care about:

1. Guns
    2. Jesus
    3. Abortion
    4. ?????
    17. Big Trucks

There is more I'm sure but that about covers it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    So with Republicans looking to lose 2018 followed by 2020 here are my ideas of what they should focus on if they want to earn respect again.
    1. Tax cuts across the board akin to the 1986 tax reform
    2. Support for a female absolute right to have abortion and support planned parenthood
    3. Support for legalization of Marijuana, hemp, and salvia
    4. Support for TPP and other free trade agreements
    5. Slash of military funding by 30% with funds redirected to healthcare and education
    6. Active support for growing Crypto Currency
    7. Increase promotion of green and Nuclear energy. This includes support for Biofuel, biodiesel, Ethanol, Solar, and Wind.
    8. Recognition of Same-Sex Marriage. ---> 21st century we don't live in the past anymore.
    9. Reduce involvement in Afghanistan and bring our troops back home.
    10. Strengthen Anti Trust acts to encourage fair play.

Feel free to offer ideas but please be respectful too.
    So, basically become the Democratic party and turn away from their base.....

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I mean no offense but wtf is this list, no Republican gives a shit about these issues.

1. Guns
    2. Jesus
    3. Abortion
    4. ?????
    17. Big Trucks

You missed the most important thing

1. Piss off Democrats.
    2. See number 1.

1. Guns
    2. Jesus
    3. Abortion
    4. ?????
    17. Big Trucks

None taking but I realize that if the party wants respect were going to have adapt. I did forget to mention I do support guns being legal a 100% but with background check.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    You missed the most important thing

1. Piss off Democrats.
    2. See number 1.
    Oh yeah, that too. *memos it in*

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    So, basically become the Democratic party and turn away from their base.....
    Take away from the democratic party and return the liberal (Rockefeller) republicans but with a ting of libertarian.

Don't support pedophiles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take away from the democratic party and return the liberal (Rockefeller) republicans but with a ting of libertarian.
    Yeah, not going to happen. Gain a few Dems and lose most of the party core, bad trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Seems like your values/ideas align more with Democratic ones.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear?
    none taking im just looking to see what Republicans need to do if they want to win. A lot of my statements believe it or not stem from reading libertarian papers and older republican concepts So thats why it sounds so much like the democrats.

Well its never too late to purge them out and let them find another group.
    The GOP has no real positive identity, so it's clear they need to do something. However, trying to push towards a carbon copy of their political opponents may not be the optimal choice. They need to separate themselves from both the Democrats, as well as the the caustic base they've been embracing through the years.

That means pushing away from social issues. Society is pushing more liberal and progressive when it comes to things like gay marriage, abortion (barely), and marijuana. They also need to go back to embracing fiscal responsibility and limited government... something they forgot about a very long time ago.

The GOP has no real positive identity, so it's clear they need to do something. However, trying to push towards a carbon copy of their political opponents may not be the optimal choice. They need to separate themselves from both the Democrats, as well as the the caustic base they've been embracing through the years.

That means pushing away from social issues. Society is pushing more liberal and progressive when it comes to things like gay marriage, abortion (barely), and marijuana. They also need to go back to embracing fiscal responsibility and limited government... something they forgot about a very long time ago.
    Honestly with politics as divisive as they are in the US I'd generally be OK with a more limited role of federal powers and more control being handed over to the states. I don't think the two political parties are going to come together anytime soon on certain issues.

1. Guns
    2. Jesus
    3. Abortion
    4. ?????
    17. Big Trucks

Asside from "Pissing off librulz" - you also forgot Country Music.

I agree with your point but where do we find those people willing to cut tax and reign in fiscal and my primary concern is that as millenial I do see a increase in the social aspect.
    So my idea is trying to fuse between right and left more specifiaclly cemter type.
    Last edited by Taso; 2017-12-13 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Asside from "Pissing off librulz" - you also forgot Country Music.
    See, this is why I'd never be a good Republican. Shameful.

Hahaha, asking Republicans to be decent people is asking way too much of them.

2. Support for a female absolute right to have abortion and support planned parenthood. Being pro-abortion requires you to have a very low opinion of both women and men so that will never happen.

8. Recognition of Same-Sex Marriage. ---> 21st century we don't live in the past anymore. Homosexuality is antithetical to marriage so same-sex marriage cannot exist.