Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Mid-March is the originally intended end time. I would not be surprised if something were to change after all this.

Horrible time for it to happen too, just before Christmas and all. I honestly have no idea how the hell they're going to appropriately address this, I can't remember a cock-up this bad in the history of the game. Sure, we've had issues before, with OP heroes and the like, but those could at least be banned out. This is two entire gamemodes broken.
    No idea, but I tell you I am rather pissed off at the whole situation. After first placements, 6-4, I am put into Diamond 2 which felt pretty good for me since I was stuck on promotion game to Diamond 2 at the end of last season.

They reset it. I do placements, 5-5, and I am suddenly in Platinum 2. What the fuck really?! How am I supposed to be fine with that? They should have reset ranks for people who were placed wrongly around 3 to 4 divisions from their highest rank in last season, not everybody.

What are they going to do now? Reset again? Honestly, they can fuck off. They should stop with quick fixes and disable the ranked for at least a month to test it properly since PTR was only for laughs.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    We’ve continued to monitor how placement matches and the ranked matchmaking system have been performing since our most recent hotfix and reset. While the system is now performing much more in-line with our expectations, we’ve also found a small number of players who have moved up or down a little too far in the ranking system during their latest placements.

We’ve received feedback that placement matches can feel like they have too much impact on a player’s ranking—especially if their place in the rankings at the end of the previous season was solid. While the vast majority of players haven’t been affected by this, we agree with the feedback we’ve received that moving up or down more than one league as a result of placement matches can be a negative experience.

We believe this is a one-time abnormality due to the issues we’ve experienced since the season began. We plan to address it by manually correcting affected players’ current rankings and matchmaking ratings to put them back where they belong in the ranking system.

This means that players who are more than 1 League (5 Divisions) higher or lower than where they ended 2017 Season 3 at the time that we make these adjustments will be moved up or down to get them back on track. Additionally, we will also adjust players who are currently in placements and diverging too far from their Season 3 end-point. As a side note, those who are adjusted down after rising too high will still be able to claim the end-of-season rewards for reaching that ranking.

Finally, we’re making adjustments to our placement formula so that players who already have a ranking heading into a new season will not move quite as much as a result of their placement matches. Players who haven’t yet started or finished this season’s placement matches will also be affected by this change.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the rocky experience we’ve had rolling into 2018 Ranked Season 1. We want ranked play to feel fun, fair, and challenging for everyone who queues up, and we’re working hard to ensure our ranking system provides those experiences. We understand that dealing with issues like these as a player is very frustrating, and it is also quite frustrating for us to know that any aspect of our game isn’t living up to our expectations—or yours. We’re sorry that the new season got off to a rough start, and we’d like to thank you very much for your patience as we’ve worked to address this series of placement issues.

We will remain vigilant in monitoring ranked play and keep you updated if any further hotfixes or adjustments are needed as 2018 Season 1 continues.
    - - - Updated - - -

US maintenance schedule:
    MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE 12/20: #Heroes: 12:00pm (PST) - 1:00pm (PST)
    EU maintenance schedule:
    Scheduled maintenance information (21/12): 00:00 - 01:00 #Heroes #BlizzCS

Seems a fine solution, actually.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I dobut they lower anyones rank. Not everyone reads the updates, I would be seriously pissed if all of a sudden I log in tomorrow to see my rank was changed to lower for whatever reason.

They will probably just buff those who were placed lower and say that they gutted those who were placed too high so that it looks "fair".

i make today my placements and i get s4 mostly same i end last season but i still dont get ... why every season we have a placements when u get mostly same what u get in previous season..

Bad for me i dont have a power and taste try to get higher placement matches rly piss me off and im not sure if i wanna play this game . I dont see a progress or chance get out . And in Dota 2 i see it

10+ Year Old Account
    Have been away for the last two weeks when all of this happened. Seems like I dodged a bullet considering all the frustrations I have seen from people. Haven't touched Hero League yet and will probably wait until early to mid January until I start getting into the ladder experience again.

I've been staying away from HL as well. I'm waiting until they re-implement PBMM, and then I'm waiting another week or two just in case it messes something up.

It feels very much all over the place, I'm not doing anything until they address or the meta adapts in some form to the 2018 changes. Snowballs happen around 60-70% of the time for me now.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It feels very much all over the place, I'm not doing anything until they address or the meta adapts in some form to the 2018 changes. Snowballs happen around 60-70% of the time for me now.
    The meta is fine, people just need to draft better(and ban Sylvanas if they aren't on first pick). Yes, you cannot horribly lose your lanes anymore and still expect to win, but that's fine. It was so annoying before when you did good plays in the lane and it didn't matter at all because the towers had only X shots and the enemy would just regen and come back again.

Right now, the meta is very aggressive and I enjoy that over a whoever wins TF at 20 minutes wins the game meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    The meta is fine, people just need to draft better(and ban Sylvanas if they aren't on first pick). Yes, you cannot horribly lose your lanes anymore and still expect to win, but that's fine. It was so annoying before when you did good plays in the lane and it didn't matter at all because the towers had only X shots and the enemy would just regen and come back again.

Right now, the meta is very aggressive and I enjoy that over a whoever wins TF at 20 minutes wins the game meta.
    I think I agree with this, unfortunately in my games people still haven't caught up and drafts feel very stale and weak in a majority of my games and we get outpushed early and struggle to return.

By meta adapting, I should have said people adapting to a new meta.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post

It's a matter of opinion, but I won't stay around for twelve minute games that are decided after five or six; I won't stay around to play or watch - hi HGC - through a five minute death animation, that's guarantueed to change nothing.

I already strongly disliked the massive support nerfs across the board, but can concede some change was needed to prevent pro games from becoming stale.

I already was unhappy with balancing, 2% pickrate 50% win rate Chen getting stomped repeatedly while 55% pickrate 53% winrate Sonya seeing only minimal change, Tracer sitting at 53% for basically a year and her only reliable counter - Hammer - a complete niche pick.

The horror stories about Hero League placements made sure I only played Unranked for the season, but despite having a really high winrate and even buying a stimpack for the winter event, I can hardly motivate myself to play. Too many games are just pointless stomps, the two lane pusher maps Braxis and BoE the worst offenders, often decided a few minutes in or even in draft.