Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

"Fashion Wars 2"

Greetings champions! Good to see you, as always!

So, today I'd like to discuss a simple thing that I see here, on reddit, on the oficial forums and pretty much anywhere else: the "Fashion Wars 2" meme. From what I've searched for, people usually call GW2 "Fashion Wars 2" because of the lack of gear progression after you reach the endgame, as GW2 focuses more on obtaining skins to look fabulous.

That meme is fun and all, but from what I've read on other threads and topics, some people avoid playing this game because of the "Fashion" thing - even criticizing the game for this (as if it were a bad thing). To me, one of the best aspects of GW2 is not having to hunt for new equipments after every living season or expansion pack - I can immediatly enjoy whichever content the game has the moment it comes out (OFC, Raids and such requires practice, but you get my point).

And to be totally honest, every MMO comes to fashion in the end. That's why most of them have the transmogrification feature . You just don't need to hunt for higher numbers to then hunt for higher numbers to get there, if you know what I'm saying. If PoF proves one thing, is that the meme should change to Store Wars 2 .

So, I'd like to hear your opinion on this. Please keep it civil, and avoid fighting. I'm just showing my point of view, and I'd like to hear yours.

See you soon, champions!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't GW2 without Fashion Wars and with Wintersday upon us a new season of Fashion Wars has begun.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I don't really care about skins (although I'm in love with Chrono's shoulders and Exalted weapon collection), but not having to care about grinding gear is one of the best GW2 features.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    I agree with it, and I don't mind a fashin wars game, it is interesting to design your character and look how other design theirs =)

I really wish WoW had the mog concept closer to GW2, it's one of the few things I miss about the game :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the body shapes in gw2 look bad to me, so gear doesn't look right most of the time.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ