Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The tax is doing lower DPS because of utility.

Rogues didn't pay a tax for their utility in BC, WotLK, Cata, Mop or even WoD.

So why now?

Hybrids don't suffer a DPS tax anymore so why should a pure melee DPS like a Rogue?
    Because rogues reign supreme on survivability and being able to ignore boss mechanics.

If you only look at dps then you don't belong on a raid level where dps matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#dataset=90

Says it all. Many of the rogues already have 4PC or run double 2PC with BiS legendaries, and they are already getting farmed by nearly all classes in the game.

The only reason to bring a rogue now is to soak stuff.

I suggest to reroll now or be benched for the rest of the Expansion
    Yet Method used more rogues than any other melee DPS.
    Yeah, they do seem broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The tax is doing lower DPS because of utility.

Rogues didn't pay a tax for their utility in BC, WotLK, Cata, Mop or even WoD.

So why now?

Hybrids don't suffer a DPS tax anymore so why should a pure melee DPS like a Rogue?
    I still havent seen the dev twitter explaining that rogue's low rank on random logs is due to a newly instated hybrid tax.
    I'm not opposed to doing more damage, but this "hybrid tax" fad seems overblown.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yet Method used more rogues than any other melee DPS.
    Yeah, they do seem broken.
    i am fairly certain this has NOTHING to do with DPS

i am fairly certain this has NOTHING to do with DPS
    Of course it does. They do enough damage to kill the hardest boss in the game and they have good enough untility to be the prefered over every other melee and ranged actually.

Rogues are and has almost always been the best melee class to play if you want a raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I still havent seen the dev twitter explaining that rogue's low rank on random logs is due to a newly instated hybrid tax.
    I'm not opposed to doing more damage, but this "hybrid tax" fad seems overblown.
    They're not even describing the concept of a hybrid tax correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Immunize View Post
    All pure DPS classes have survivability yes. That doesn't mean you bring 3 Warlocks or 3 Mage for that survivability or because they can do the mechanics as good as rogues. You bring them in to deal max. DPS while you as a rogue smoothen out the mechanics for them.

Rogue in Legion is about funneling your damage into the priority targets and to be the "soak bitch" aka the mechanic class.
    I understand why it sucks for some players but thats Blizzards plan for us this expansion it seems and it would be more than just broken if you could do top DPS while trivializing the mechanics aswell which would result in nerfs for utility or DPS again.

I for one have more fun when I'm helping my team in killing mythic bosses with my utility and not just stand there like a Warrior and pumping my DPS into the boss/adds, but thats not true for everyone I guess.

If you don't give a shit about all that, just want to be in the top 3 DPS on all fights while clearing your heroic content on farm, fine reroll or just shitstorm the blizzard forums until they buff the class or do something about the problems rogue has.

And as I said in other threads The overall DPS is not as good as it could be. The scaling is garbage and they should do something about it. If not now then in BfA.

Complaining here on mmo-c will not help you tho. But it helps to get rid of all the salt i guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    What tax? Being able to completely ignore mechanics is clutch as fuck and worth more than dps. You literally have good dmg and BEST utility and you whine because you want damage? Go reroll, happy to see you leave.

There is no tax, utility is part of the total kit and worth you bring to a raid.

blizzard literally went on record during tomb when everyone pointed out the crap dps of sin and outlaw and said "we are fine with there dps being lower because they are able to soak".

that sounds like a tax to me. our dps suffers because our utility. and they are fine with it. except back in vanilla and bc hybrids suffered dps wise for there utility. and everyone complained. SO THE HYBRID/UTILITY tax was removed. except for now apparently. and it applies to rogues.

Says it all. Many of the rogues already have 4PC or run double 2PC with BiS legendaries, and they are already getting farmed by nearly all classes in the game.

Why would I reroll? Its the last raid in the expansion. By the time you could level up an alt with the right legendaries who cares about antorus by then

lol rogues the most used melee in top guilds.

and you want buffs?

this is why blizzard ignores the playerbase because they're morons who expect all 36 classes to be completely equal in dps/survival/utility sounds like the most boring rpg to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    blizzard literally went on record during tomb when everyone pointed out the crap dps of sin and outlaw and said "we are fine with there dps being lower because they are able to soak".
    So where is that record?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/179928917?t=10m21s

I believe this is the Q&A, im not going to watch everything to give you the time exactly, but it was after this q&a that the rogue forum exploded with the "hibrid tax" thing

Quote Originally Posted by Creativlol View Post
    "Hybrid tax is a no go. I as a druid want to do the same dmg as everyone else!" said the druid player.
    "Rogues have so much survivability and utility. They don't need to do the dmg like everyone else." said the same player.

You see what is wrong? They do not.

Not all is bad, but even as a long time rogue player it feels unsatisfying to give all you got and seeing not the results we should see.
    There really arent Hybrids anymore. Blizz took most healing/tanking talents abilities away from each spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol rogues the most used melee in top guilds.

and you want buffs?

this is why blizzard ignores the playerbase because they're morons who expect all 36 classes to be completely equal in dps/survival/utility sounds like the most boring rpg to me.
    we want to shift the power. We want competetive dps and less being a cheesemaster and soak bitch. Buff dmg. nerf utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    we want to shift the power. We want competetive dps and less being a cheesemaster and soak bitch. Buff dmg. nerf utilities.
    This. I hate being a soak bot

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    This. I hate being a soak bot
    luke dies and kylo ren kills snoke

Why even bother re rolling? Considering you have been playing since at least 2012 as that is your join date here its been long enough to know that by the time you rereoll and re gear a whole different batch of nerfs/buffs will happens and you will just be back here making another thread like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    From a question and answer session on the 5th of October.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9358115?page=1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wizbangz View Post
    luke dies and kylo ren kills snoke
    the hate will come soon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Why even bother re rolling? Considering you have been playing since at least 2012 as that is your join date here its been long enough to know that by the time you rereoll and re gear a whole different batch of nerfs/buffs will happens and you will just be back here making another thread like this.
    If you casual, thats true.
    But ambitioned Mythic progress guilds maintain multiple alts at the (almost) same level of their (current) main.
    So in my case I just switched to balance. And next raid we will see what happens (I would prefer switching back to rogue).

Clearly you will be benched. It's not like the world first guild didn't use 3 rogues and 3 mages, the two whiniest fucking classes in the game.