Deleted

Considering Havoc - questions

So i am considering rerolling havoc DH.

My most important questions are:

How dependent are they on legendaries? Are they able to perform without BiS ones?

How well do they perform while gearing up? Do they need T20 setbonus?

Also, how RNG is their gameplay? Is it fluid? Fun?

You definitely need the Fury ring at least. Without it, ehh, sadness awaits you. Shoulders aren't as necessary, but still somewhat necessary to have nice quality of life in terms of 2 minute metas if you have the ring + 1 meta cd red. relic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    You definitely need the Fury ring at least. Without it, ehh, sadness awaits you. Shoulders aren't as necessary, but still somewhat necessary to have nice quality of life in terms of 2 minute metas if you have the ring + 1 meta cd red. relic.
    aight i got lucky today and got the ring already...

t20 or t21 is fine. we are in a decent spot right now. method took a havoc dh to their argus kill so that should silence some naysayers.

DH have bonus dmg for every add so thats why dh is here, nothing special.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    t20 or t21 is fine. we are in a decent spot right now. method took a havoc dh to their argus kill so that should silence some naysayers.
    I still not get it. How can ppl say DH is fine when we are worse than in TOS? There is NOT a dps single class behind us.
    Only what we are good at is damage to the boss. Are u really satisfied with that?
    To the OP - if you want to reroll, prepare u need to have specific legos (head, ring, shoulders, sephuz). The rest is optional and not used at all for now.
    If you reroll prepare each pull will be different due DH is RNG dependant - so you cannot relly on your skillz.
    For now I would recommend you monk. Best DPS, same mobility, little bit worse surv.

I would trade my DH for monk (sadly no time for legos, gear, profs etc.).
    Honestly since mid Nighthold playing DH is agony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laco View Post
    I still not get it. How can ppl say DH is fine when we are worse than in TOS? There is NOT a dps single class behind us.
    Only what we are good at is damage to the boss. Are u really satisfied with that?
    To the OP - if you want to reroll, prepare u need to have specific legos (head, ring, shoulders, sephuz). The rest is optional and not used at all for now.
    If you reroll prepare each pull will be different due DH is RNG dependant - so you cannot relly on your skillz.
    For now I would recommend you monk. Best DPS, same mobility, little bit worse surv.

I would trade my DH for monk (sadly no time for legos, gear, profs etc.).
    Honestly since mid Nighthold playing DH is agony.
    Rogue is behind DH

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    There is no add phase on mythic so try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    That mechanic doesn't apply to Mythiiiiiiiic
    @Katjezz:

Forget about T20. T21 is your future. Don't use Demonic without T21, though.

For peak performance you need AotHG and Raddons. If you don't, you're in for a rough ride specially in AoE (ST not so much)

I guess we perform fine while gearing up, specially in short fights since 222 build is very burst oriented. And no, you don't need T20.

RNG is one of the banes of the spec. It's everywhere. All the specs have RNG fury generation through critical Chaos Strikes. 222 had Demon Blades to generate fury passively (chance on autoattack to trigger) and Demonic (t21) has even more in the form of soul spawn (25% chance to spawn a soul per CS).

The gameplay is fluid tho, but the performance varies significantlly just because of that.

RNG for havoc is so bad because of the degree of variance on our largest source of damage, chaos strike (and its morph).

You have rng on fury to use on chaos strike depending on crit. Then you need another crit roll on chaos strike because the difference between a normal CS and a crit is humongous due to the artifact trait amplifying your chaos strike crit damage, and to top it off you have chaotic onslaught meaning another RNG roll for chaos strike to proc a second instance of it.

It's such an absurd amount of RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Rogue is behind DH
    Wrong. Nothing is behind DH.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#dataset=95

95 perc cause this is what everyone should aim for (others are not much different anyway).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laco View Post
    Wrong. Nothing is behind DH.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#dataset=95

95 perc cause this is what everyone should aim for (others are not much different anyway).
    i am seeing outlaw and assassin, also frostmages behind havoc

Deleted
    i am seeing outlaw and assassin, also frostmages behind havoc
    In the original post I wrote:
    There is NOT a dps single class behind us.

Ofc there are some specs behind us. The whole point is that if DH players want to climb somewhere on dps meter, you have to quit with DH. If you want to improve your assasin, frost or survival (on some boss fights surv is fine), just switch talents.
    I know there will be some gear gap (stat pref, legos, artifact power), but not as much pain as switching whole class.

This topic was about whether to roll DH.
    If you are playing for fun and not looking at meter, do it. I dunno what class currently is more fun (double jump + glide).
    If you want to do some solid dps, well...u will be frustrated most of the time (RNG is just too high here). Or just find guild where everyone is parsing at 70 perc and then you will be more less fine (but you have to parse above 90 with DH).
    Last edited by mmoc3e92cd682e; 2017-12-15 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    That mechanic doesn't apply to Mythiiiiiiiic
    Noob question but what mechanic are we talking about? Why would DH have bonus damage for every add? Don't they all take more damage from different schools? As a DH I don't have any nature damage of frost damage that I deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    Noob question but what mechanic are we talking about? Why would DH have bonus damage for every add? Don't they all take more damage from different schools? As a DH I don't have any nature damage of frost damage that I deal...
    Chaos damage is made up from all 7 schools.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue is behind DH
    Rogues are behind everyone, They are rogues, they do it that way.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    Chaos damage counts as every school ingame, hence we deal extra damage to all the adds of Argus.