Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else hate the T21 playstyle?

I feel like DH was very fun to play with felblade and demon blades. A lot of mobility and there was a great flow.

Now with carpal bite spam, only trying to spam 2 skills and walking into crap + boss melee cleave all the time to find souls is really not fun.

The entire flow of the fight seems very off to me.

Am i the only one?

edit: i'm also doing a lot more dps with lower ilvl t20
    Last edited by Vaim; 2017-12-13 at 07:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're complaining about the "flow of the fight"?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    You're complaining about the "flow of the fight"?
    If the rotation is irritating, boring and cluncky then yes, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaim View Post
    Im direct opposite, sitting around waiting for something to do with demon blades, or dropping everything in first 30sec then kinda chilling for next always felt crap to me.
    Went demonic end of nighthold, and the micromanagement of souls feels a lot better to me - haven't changed back since and that at mythic level.

If the souls soul collection feels off you might need to give it a chance, other havoc in my guild was exactly the same till i told him to shut up and give it a chance - now he full time demonic also.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

you cant call demonic boring when we've just been running a 2 minute triple cooldown macro and then 3 filler abilities in the meantime while we passively wait for fury.

Do some m+ then, otherwise you wouldnt suck with demonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Do some m+ then, otherwise you wouldnt suck with demonic.
    Yeah, already been running demonic in a lot of the fortified weeks with lots of passive dmg, im immortal in demonic which helps the healer a lot.

I hate the demon blade/Chaos Blade lifestyle. Unfortunately, the Demonic build does so much less DPS generally in raids, especially considering the extra for work you put into it.

I feel like DH was very fun to play with felblade and demon blades. A lot of mobility and there was a great flow.

Now with carpal bite spam, only trying to spam 2 skills and walking into crap + boss melee cleave all the time to find souls is really not fun.

Am i the only one?

Sounds like you're not very good at the style so you're getting bad flow and consequently bad damage

Perhaps.

On Heroic argus, one try i'm #1 dps, 1,7mil well into p2, second try when i'm seemingly doing the exact same thing i'm bottom of the pack with 1,3mil or lower.

Next week after switching from T20 to 21 i go from typically top3 dps to bottom of the pack in all fights. Doing shitty 30% parses instead of 90+ from T20.

Don't exactly know what i'm doing wrong in that case.

Is the rotation basically:

bite -> eye beam -> chaos and bite -> meta when eye beam ends -> bite into new eye beam -> spam bite when no fury, chaos otherwise -> get the zoomies when everyone has to stand still, because you need your damn souls to be adequate

Doesn't seem anything super advanced to account for "not being good at it". Just spam bite and chaos and eye beam in between.

Perhaps.

On Heroic argus, one try i'm #1 dps, 1,7mil well into p2, second try when i'm seemingly doing the exact same thing i'm bottom of the pack with 1,3mil or lower.

Next week after switching from T20 to 21 i go from typically top3 dps to bottom of the pack in all fights. Doing shitty 30% parses instead of 90+ from T20.

bite -> eye beam -> chaos and bite -> meta when eye beam ends -> bite into new eye beam -> spam bite when no fury, chaos otherwise -> get the zoomies when everyone has to stand still, because you need your damn souls to be adequate

Doesn't seem anything super advanced to account for "not being good at it". Just spam bite and chaos and eye beam in between.
    There are a lot of small things that many people do not consider at all or do wrong which make a big difference. Can you post a log or gameplay vid to check for a range of mistakes?

The DPS variance of t21 331 demonic is almost identical to t20 222 CB on 5 min patchwerk simcraft profiles

My heroic Argus performance since getting t21-4p is a lot higher than that, around 2.4m when he reached 50% on one of my best pulls but i don't think it's been below 2.0 unless i made an unforgivable mistake like resetting the buff stack.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-12-15 at 08:34 AM.

Perhaps.

I eyebeam after meta. Use the eyebeam talent to fill up my rage to hammer away and by the time meta ends, eye beam is off CD or damn near off CD.

The biggest trick is management of souls that drops, and the rng of having to move at the wrong time in which you may be forced to pick up a soul you don't need yet.
    Last edited by Baroclinic; 2017-12-15 at 10:40 AM.

Personal experience?

I love the playstyle. Feels fluid, you've stuff to react to and it's way more engaging with no downtime.

I just don't like the RNG involved, but I love how fast paced it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinushka View Post
    I dislike it on single target fights, "spamming" demonsbite is no fun for me. It's also a bit annoying to watch for soulfragments, since they sometimes spawn on retarded places. But for M+ and Beastlord-like bosses it fells pretty good.
    You did spam Chaos Strike before, and with enough crit (60%+ and Anger on ST fights) you don't have to press Demons Bite that often anyway

I don't understand when people say they don't like spamming demon's bite... we just came from a tier spamming chaos strike and demon blades was a passive generator... doesn't get much more boring than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    I don't understand when people say they don't like spamming demon's bite... we just came from a tier spamming chaos strike and demon blades was a passive generator... doesn't get much more boring than that.
    But Blade Dance and Felblade procs added some variety while here you just spam Demon's Bite only to be able spam Chaos Strike. You dont even use Blade dance on aoe anymore and theres no Felblade.
    I just got my 4th T21 piece yesterday so I will test this build today more but so far I think I prefered T20 build more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    But Blade Dance and Felblade procs added some variety while here you just spam Demon's Bite only to be able spam Chaos Strike. You dont even use Blade dance on aoe anymore and theres no Felblade.
    I just got my 4th T21 piece yesterday so I will test this build today more but so far I think I prefered T20 build more.
    Getting a soul is not unlike a Felblade proc. Instead of pressing a generator, you move. More importantly, there's more thought process to that than just using Felblade - Is forced movement incoming? Will I be able to get to that soul before it despawns if so? What's my EB CD? Will I risk overcapping if another one spawns now? As opposed to just 'don't overcap' and 'try to minimalize usage when bursting'.

To be brutally honest, there's a reason why our ST builds were called braindead. I'm happy we actually get to play using Demonic. Why Demonic Appetite is not on the Deck of Cards though, I'll never know.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Blade Dance didn't add variety - it was literally a button you hit on CD, totally brainless.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Blade Dance didn't add variety - it was literally a button you hit on CD, totally brainless.
    And spamming CS is not? Or move from side to side to collect souls when needed is so hard?

Cmon, noone said CB/nemesis build is harder. Just some poeple (myself included) just preferd the T20 playstyle, nothing more, nothing less. I dont know why you need to jump on everyone with this "braindead" crap while the other spec is not that hard either.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Am i the only one?

You're doing lower dps because you're not playing at the same level with demonic as you were with cb/nem. Once you get used to it, your dps will go up
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore