Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Guardian Mage Tower

    What item level can I realisticly complete the Mage tower challenge at without the ideal legendarios and no tier?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    there was a guy who did no luffas and no chest with 910 when the tower war released but he was from korea so well.... not sure that counts

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    there was a guy who did no luffas and no chest with 910 when the tower war released but he was from korea so well.... not sure that counts
    Haha that's funny

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Haha that's funny
    i was serious.


    but imo if you have 920-930 with 2 trash relicts you can zerg it , just be sure to use drums and pot in p1 so you can burn him down , the legendarys are for p1 anyway and if you zerg it down no need .


    i did it with 4 tanks most of them had no tank legendarys and all around 910-920 max whe the tower was released i used the pot and drum in p1 with 3 out of 4 tanks and it was no problem at all .


    oh yeah and weapons where only level 50 +/- so now it should be a walk in the park

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i was serious.


    but imo if you have 920-930 with 2 trash relicts you can zerg it , just be sure to use drums and pot in p1 so you can burn him down , the legendarys are for p1 anyway and if you zerg it down no need .


    i did it with 4 tanks most of them had no tank legendarys and all around 910-920 max whe the tower was released i used the pot and drum in p1 with 3 out of 4 tanks and it was no problem at all .


    oh yeah and weapons where only level 50 +/- so now it should be a walk in the park
    thanks for the info mate, ill give it a go

  6. #6
    My friend this did with something like 890 but luffas. I did this somewhere around 908 with luffas and chest.

    Phase 1 is quite easy, just interrupt and don't get 4+ stack from green thing on the floor. Safe your healing orbs (I had every time 2 orbs up), in phase 2 pop everything what you have (pot, drums, dmg CD's) and burn him as fast as you can.

    Tbh I had like 100 attempts, sometimes is quite rng and buggy or unlucky. Velen sometimes cast healing orb right under me, sometimes orb was invisible..

    Good luck and have fun

  7. #7
    i did this with 899 ilvl and archimond's trinket ( Yes only one legendary )

    its not really hard with galactic guardian and stuns

    i completed tank challenge on all tanks and druids by far are the easiest after DHs

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk Zoibert the Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Grizzly Hills, land of the Woke
    Posts
    1,798
    I did it around 895 with Luffas (970) and 2 thrash relics.
    I turn topics into bear topics.


  9. #9
    Just get some Goblin Gliders so you can glide back when you get knocked back by Infernals.

    And get a Kruul Weakaura to notify you to interrupt Kruul in p2.

    Infernals are only the real killers of this challenge, everything else is rather easy to manage.

  10. #10
    You just got to try again and again, keep track of everything and stay calm.
    Bossmods and focus stun / interrupt macros are a musthave.
    #showtooltip Skull Bash
    /use [@focus,exists,nodead][]Skull Bash

    The perfect legendaries just make you cheese the stack mechanic.
    However without bracers + chest you may always pickup an healing orb when the 4 adds are reaching you and begin casting. Before you shouldn't have health issues if you don't pick up more than 5 stacks.
    I made the fight with two different druids and completed it with and without the perfect legendary combination and i did not make a big difference.

    I guess that you may complete the challenge ~910 as a casual player if using the right kind of gear (enough versatiliy, at least one good tanktrinket) and you are able to use your cooldowns accordingly. Just don't get frustrated if you fail again and again. It's not really about skill, just about knowing every way to die / fail in the challenge and to have the perfect try (with good rng on your side) at the end.

    //edit: You'll see that you will finish the same scenario with other tanks after a few tries after having done it with your first character and that your gearscore does not really count that much.
    Last edited by Piesor; 2017-12-21 at 11:06 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Just get some Goblin Gliders so you can glide back when you get knocked back by Infernals.

    And get a Kruul Weakaura to notify you to interrupt Kruul in p2.

    Infernals are only the real killers of this challenge, everything else is rather easy to manage.

    Oh and yeah besides the infernal sometimes it unfortunately can happen that Velen gets aggro from all the aoe adds and simply dies in the mess, can happen in both phases also if you drag Kruul over the NPCs and he puts the AOE down.

    Under some circumstances it can make sense to use some dps cooldowns in p1. You ideally want to go to p2 with only 1 infernal spawning.

    On my Blood DK I managed this without cooldowns so I suppose a guardian druid should easily do it.

  12. #12
    Even at 920-940 its not faceroll with legendaries. Not easy one Bring bear tartare for sure.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  13. #13
    Bear druid was the worst for me out of all tanks (didnt do prot war because prot is boring af).

    Bear have pathetic selfhealing, whereas the self healing of blood DK and vengeance DH makes p1 cake.

    For bear druid, you must not go above 3-4 stacks, refresh your trashes with balance affinity, and use moonfire on the eyes and infernals.

    You will need to use an orb per each set of aberrations coming out, let them come to you then disorient them, trash them, and then start cleaning eyes and infernals while keeping trash dot and moonfire on the boss.

    When he does drain life, interrupt and unload some mangles and mauls while walking out, you should get 2 trash casts in before you walk out.

    For Kruul it is about abusing the healing orbs and keep moving sideways and kite out the infernals while handling kruul.

    Always stay in range of healing orbs and save an ironfur+cd (your first should be rage of the sleeper+barkskin). Annihilate 2 and three eat up an ironfur+survival instincts, and be quick to frenzied regen right after.

    It is imperative you stay above 70% health at all times, so use the orbs to refil health shortly before annihilates, and keep kiting boss away from infernals.

    The high damage moments with kruul will be when he stomps on you and does the green fel zone on the ground, you should use an orb afterwards to be ready for the annihilate.

    Bear druid sucks ass for this challenge due to their pathetic self healing. My blood DK only used bone armor+ death strike shield and he could eat annihilate without any outside cd's while staying above 50% health after the annihilate.

    Only prot warrior is probably worse than bear druid.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Bear druid was the worst for me out of all tanks (didnt do prot war because prot is boring af).

    Bear have pathetic selfhealing, whereas the self healing of blood DK and vengeance DH makes p1 cake.

    For bear druid, you must not go above 3-4 stacks, refresh your trashes with balance affinity, and use moonfire on the eyes and infernals.

    You will need to use an orb per each set of aberrations coming out, let them come to you then disorient them, trash them, and then start cleaning eyes and infernals while keeping trash dot and moonfire on the boss.

    When he does drain life, interrupt and unload some mangles and mauls while walking out, you should get 2 trash casts in before you walk out.

    For Kruul it is about abusing the healing orbs and keep moving sideways and kite out the infernals while handling kruul.

    Always stay in range of healing orbs and save an ironfur+cd (your first should be rage of the sleeper+barkskin). Annihilate 2 and three eat up an ironfur+survival instincts, and be quick to frenzied regen right after.

    It is imperative you stay above 70% health at all times, so use the orbs to refil health shortly before annihilates, and keep kiting boss away from infernals.

    The high damage moments with kruul will be when he stomps on you and does the green fel zone on the ground, you should use an orb afterwards to be ready for the annihilate.

    Bear druid sucks ass for this challenge due to their pathetic self healing. My blood DK only used bone armor+ death strike shield and he could eat annihilate without any outside cd's while staying above 50% health after the annihilate.

    Only prot warrior is probably worse than bear druid.
    Prot warrior is easy in p2. Spell reflect that heal debuff wins it

  15. #15
    He's not wrong about Warrior in p1 though. Unless you either 1. Overgear it enough (I pushed p1 after my Battle Cry came back off CD the first time due to 2pt21) or 2. Have the healing bracers. Obviously SR the debuff in p2 made you immortal outside of oneshots.

    Paladin one seems pretty annoying though due to higher DPS requirement from a class that doesn't necessarily do more damage than other tanking classes, but I'm sure it's also fine at this point.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    He's not wrong about Warrior in p1 though. Unless you either 1. Overgear it enough (I pushed p1 after my Battle Cry came back off CD the first time due to 2pt21) or 2. Have the healing bracers. Obviously SR the debuff in p2 made you immortal outside of oneshots.

    Paladin one seems pretty annoying though due to higher DPS requirement from a class that doesn't necessarily do more damage than other tanking classes, but I'm sure it's also fine at this point.
    As someone who's done it with DH, DK, paladin and warrior, I always felt that paladin was the hardest/most annoying out of those three.
    I had to stack alch trinket and a 930 horn of valor and just go full seraphim retard burst at ilvl 930 to get around an equal % burst compared to my 916 warrior.

    Haven't yet done bear but it seems like it'll be a pain seeing how meh guardian damage is. DH and DK was just a joke really.

  17. #17
    I have done all tank ones and paladin is by far the hardest one. With 910-20 ilvl and the new concordance levels you can have now you should be fine as a guardian

  18. #18
    I've done it on all characters but bear and demon hunter.

    Hardest was my warrior, this is the one I did with the least gear and it requires constant attention to keeping ignore pain up. I think it's harder for old-school warriors than new-school ones since you'll want to keep shield block up.

    Paladin follows it pretty closely, this one is rough just because paladin does a lot of damage so they adjusted the health of Kruul and Varris to make it more difficult. Best thing is to use your bear tartare and just keep moving. Also keep range on Varris since he will be silenced often and tends to wander, if you're too close you can suddenly find yourself sitting on 8+ stacks of debuff.

    DK wasn't too difficult, tremble before me is OP. That's really it. Use bear tartare, keep mobile.

    Monk was the easiest, I got lucky with leggos and had the one that gives an extra charge of keg smash which is basically 15% more damage.

    Advice I can give you is hit LFR and score your tier set, it'll get you an average item level of about 940. With drums and a pre-pot you should be able to wipe out Varris very quickly.

    Make sure you have DPS talents selected for your T2 crucible choices - things like Dark Sorrow, the one that does 100k shadow damage and heals you for 100k or the light version that does 100k damage and heals you for 100k. These are quite often your #2 damage sources and at this point you should have at least a level 72 artifact weapon.

    Food choice is bear tartare all the way. It gives movement speed upon killing an enemy and you'll almost always have it up.

    Kill the eyes with moonfire.

    Don't be afraid to use the healing orbs Velen drops offensively. You'll almost always have one or two down anyway and they aren't a resource worth hording.

    Prydaz is pretty amazing for this fight as far as legendaries go, but it's not required.

    At the end of the day though go in and practice, practice, practice. You'll get discouraged and wipe a bunch but it'll be worth it when you finish. Tank mage tower complete just feels amazing.

  19. #19
    Just started working on this challenge, with no tank legendaries (not my main, and guardian is an off-spec), using chest/kjbw, and I still suck at P1, only went to P2 a few times (and got one-shot by Kruul at least one because too many stacks).

    Surprisingly, my main issue isn't the infernals bump, but rather managing the 4 aberrations.

    @OP : so far, the greatest tip I've seen is to pull Variss from the entrance, casting a couple spells as moonkin and stepping back until he's in melee range for Velen. His damage really adds up.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    As someone who's done it with DH, DK, paladin and warrior, I always felt that paladin was the hardest/most annoying out of those three.
    I had to stack alch trinket and a 930 horn of valor and just go full seraphim retard burst at ilvl 930 to get around an equal % burst compared to my 916 warrior.

    Haven't yet done bear but it seems like it'll be a pain seeing how meh guardian damage is. DH and DK was just a joke really.
    Bear was the easiest by far for me. Besides pala (main) I did all tanks at around 920-925 (minus dh). I was lucky to have the wrists so P1 is basically thrash spamming the dude and he drops pretty fast. I would actually try to stall p1 a bit if incarnation was close(ish) to coming off CD so I could pop everything in kruul and burst his ass down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •