I hate quests talents

The fuck is this shit, they hide some of the best talents in the game behind "quests" that are so situational sometimes or that force your hero to participate in ways it shouldn't to get buffs for its actual role it's good at and that benefits gameplay how?

Why the fuck can't we just make all talents available? How is it even balanced if two heroes pick the same talent and because of battlefield circumstances they're force in one finishes their quest at lvl 12 and the other at lvl 18 or whatever?

So fucking retarded.

I find quest talents refreshing personally. And also all those occasions you mention that force you to play the hero in a suboptimal way, or where a quest talent is worse on some maps than others is your indication that the talent might not be a good indication.

Apart from that, the strength of the talent typically depends on how long it takes to achieve. It's not "why do I need to wait until 13+ to get the double corruption rings on Gul'dan, I want to have it at 1" because in that case it wouldn't be a level 1 talent.

Quest talents also often add an additional tactical aspect in the game. Like "let's try to avoid the Chromie lane so she doesn't stack". I personally believe that adds another flavor in the game.

Most of the quests can be accomplished by simply playing well, anyways. So what's the big deal? The reason why they're 'some of the best talents' is because they sometimes require actual effort and solid play to unlock. And even that is being pretty extreme. Most of them are fairly easy to complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Most quest talents go with builds which imply the usage of the ability in the same manner that gives its points anyhow.

The creation of positive and negative aspects adds one more set of interesting traits to the game. We enjoy the benefits and overcome the negatives. We need to use our judgement if that one more q point is worth nearly getting killed in the context of a particular fight.

The builds on icy veins (ehich most often recomend certain quest talents) are not meant to be universal. They say this a lot and bring up other options as often as they can. If the q talent does not fit the map or comp etxlc, you shouldnt take it.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-12-14 at 08:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me it depends on the quest talent, some are very fun to play, Like Azmo Taste for Blood is very fun, it kind of gives you your own little minigame to play. Though some of them are not that fun.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    In opposition to what OP says; i find quest-talents are what gives the game a bit more flavor.

They usually bring the most advantage, but they also require effort to be put in.

Besides; a certain correlation can without a doubt be found between how quickly someone can complete a quest and his win-rate. :P

I don't mind quest talents for the most part.
    That Thrall rework tho... Dunno why Blizz thought I'd want to RP as a quest log from WoW.

Yeah one of the reasons I stopped playing, this and the annoying maps they keep throwing out.

I love them, I actually want move and think every character should have a baseline one
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I love them, I actually want move and think every character should have a baseline one
    Tbh, I think that would devalue the early game of a lot of heroes and homogenise the hero pool a bit too much.

it will save you alot of stress to find a way to dislike something without being insulting and rude about it, to dislike something even though it works fine and makes alot of sense

My only problem is quest talents that provide no passive or no Median reward (Do this 50 times and if you never get it done then you get literally nothing). quests like hanzos first i can pick based on the comp and the map (a small map i pick redemption because its easier, a larger map i have time to hunt down specific people and take his first one).

any other frustrations are with other players and nothing to do with them, For example people in pve taking out the core at the first opportunity instead of getting XP, or no one helpign with the objective forcing me to risk death and reset my quest counter, getting the shrine.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite like them myself.

I don't mind them usually, though I don't like them when they are almost required to be complete before the hero itself is competitive with the rest of the team. It should be a bonus for playing well.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I don't mind them usually, though I don't like them when they are almost required to be complete before the hero itself is competitive with the rest of the team. It should be a bonus for playing well.
    I don't mind the hero being underpowered before the quest, as long as he's overpowered after completion, like Nazeebo. Nothing wrong with some heroes being late game.

Some of them are fine. Alarak's are perhaps the best in my opinion: high risk, high reward. If you don't complete them then you're a lame duck. Complete them, especially early in the game, and you destroy people.

Some are terrible, however: looking at you, Thrall. That might just be because Chain Lightning feels like one of the worst abilities in the game though.

I like the quests. Often i dont feel like they would be punishing for good gameplay. Except the one from nazeebo where you need to kill 175 minions. You need to be fulltime on it and even then you maybe dont reach it because you need a game that is like 25 mins long...
    Lately there is no need to try that since half of the games end before 15 mins.

the amount of times iv lost team fights because a kael thas has run away so they wouldnt die before getting quest is in the slightly above average numbers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I just use my mana to rotate push lanes instead of trying to harass my opponent, stopping only for objectives or a team gank... Often get the quest done before 20, kind of like butcher, until I get my stacks I'll stick to safe kills only and pve without over-extending, again, stopping only for the objectives. Quests are usually the best scalping shit u can pick up, ppl just need to adapt to it...
    In the current meta(and above silver/gold I guess), most games are over before level 20(and if they don't, usually since you need to defend against a split push you don't have more than ~100 stacks).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Some of them are fine. Alarak's are perhaps the best in my opinion: high risk, high reward. If you don't complete them then you're a lame duck. Complete them, especially early in the game, and you destroy people.

Some are terrible, however: looking at you, Thrall. That might just be because Chain Lightning feels like one of the worst abilities in the game though.
    One of the worst quest talents I can think of is Zagara's lvl 7 talent, Bile Drop (it might even be the worst). That quest is in a practical sense impossible to complete. Thrall's quest talents, while a bit excessive in how plenty they are and how hard they are to complete, at least can be completed. I don't think I have ever been able to do that with Zagara's Bile Drop talent. Unless the enemy is literally AFKing, the odds of landing a hit is slim to none, simply because the projectiles can be dodged by people with even the slowest reaction times.

Had a game with Zagara and the Bile Drop Completion dinged about 10 minutes in.

Zagara said "thanks all I beat the game" and left.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"