Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's really not that "BiS" though. For virtually all specs the normal pantheon trinket at ilevel 1000 sims neck and neck with aman'thuls or higher. Not to mention that anyone who isn't done with the tier already anyway has no use for "BiS"

The trinket was really good mostly because if you got it early you instantly had an ilevel 1000 trinket without having to farm argus for 12 weeks or whatever with wildcard panth procs
    Is there a single healer spec for which amanthul's vision isn't vastly better than eonar's compassion?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Is there a single healer spec for which amanthul's vision isn't vastly better than eonar's compassion?
    It's about equal for paladin, eonar's even pulls ahead depending on stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Done Argus weekly now since launch, usually in 30man groups, and 0 legendary trinkets. This turned out to be a disaster, considering the Trinket is actually quite bad as well for most classes. The Epic version at 1000 is so crazy much stronger for almost everyone.

The legendary one should have had like 33% drop or so, since it's pretty much a goof trinket, or a slot filler till you get something better. It feels more like a "fun trinket" than a useful one, so to have it being this rare makes no sense.
    A fellow guildie who got the legendary trinket on his alt says that the proc is quite common and much better than he first thought it would be.

If you are still progressing mythic I cant see how the legendary trinket isn't BiS for everyone. Dont forget that it gives the same defensive benefits as a vantus rune over the normal pantheon trinket + 2k speed/leech/avoidance is really good with helping you survive shit in Mythic. And maybe it doesn't give you the best dps compared to the other pantheon trinket but it probably increases the raids dps overall by more since it will help everyone getting more procs.

If you only do heroic and below then it does'nt matter that much I guess but I would love to have my whole raid team with the legendary trinket.

I have the legendary (on alt ofc) and the reason its so good is because everytime it procs the primary effect it pretty much always procs the secondary effect too, it priorities the legendary when looking for procs to match up to the pantheon one. This is important because the secondary proc is the 6.7k primary stat (agi, int, str).

So maybe outside of Antorus where the secondary proc is inactive I could see the epic version being comparable. I could see the legendary having diminishing returns if theres more in raid, cause it would not only prioritise you for secondary procs. But really the legendary one is crazy good, huge statstick with a 6.7k primary stat proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    I could see the legendary having diminishing returns if theres more in raid, cause it would not only prioritise you for secondary procs. But really the legendary one is crazy good, huge statstick with a 6.7k primary stat proc.
    Pretty sure you don't know how the Pantheon-System works.
    There is no prioritising nor dimishing returns on Aman'thuls.

If you trigger the Empowered Pantheon, every single player with a active normal Procc will gain Pantheon-Empowerment. No DR, no priority and since AT is a "Wildcard", counting as a missing one, you can trigger Empower even with only Aman'thul's active.
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2018-02-11 at 01:16 PM.

so if you want an offspec pantheon trinket its only a flat ~10% drop rate without bad luck protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Pretty sure you don't know how the Pantheon-System works.
    There is no prioritising nor dimishing returns on Aman'thuls.

If you trigger the Empowered Pantheon, every single player with a active normal Procc will gain Pantheon-Empowerment. No DR, no priority and since AT is a "Wildcard", counting as a missing one, you can trigger Empower even with only Aman'thul's active.
    This isn't actually true by the way. Not that you can trigger amanthuls even if there's only amanthuls, but the "every player with an active normal proc" thing.

To demonstrate, take the mythic garothi fastest kill (picked that because I assume that raid has full pantheon trinkets).

Here's a 30 second snip of the NORMAL pantheon trinket uptime, for the agility users from 30 seconds in, to 60 seconds in:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4675&end=72727

Here's the same timeframe, but for the pantheon proc:

You can see the first pantheon proc happens at 40.5 seconds. At that point in time, both the demon hunter, monk, and the rogue Skyze had a normal proc up (the enh lost his buff .4 seconds prior to the pantheon trigger).
    If what you said was true, then they should all 3 have triggered an instant pantheon proc at 40.6, but it's only the monk that does - both the DH and rogue that had it up at the correct time never triggered a pantheon proc in that timeframe.

Conclusion: When 5x buffs are up at once, pantheon is triggered. However, it will pick a random pantheon-user to grant that buff, if multiple users are present (EG; 3 Agi, 1 int, 1 healer, 1 tank = random agi of the 3 gets empowered).

Simply put, if you've got 8 agi 4 int 2 str dps in your raid, you're probably getting fuck all out of the pantheon proc as an agility user. Meanwhile, the 2 str dps will be fucking swimming in procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's really not that "BiS" though. For virtually all specs the normal pantheon trinket at ilevel 1000 sims neck and neck with aman'thuls or higher. Not to mention that anyone who isn't done with the tier already anyway has no use for "BiS"

The trinket was really good mostly because if you got it early you instantly had an ilevel 1000 trinket without having to farm argus for 12 weeks or whatever with wildcard panth procs
    Not for shadow priests and I assume it's the same for affliction warlocks. Not only damage-wise Aman'thul is better, it also eases the entire voidform rotation by having haste and crit instead of mastery.

So far I have seen one Aman'Thuls, and that was on the very first kill. Must have killed him at least 50 times now overall. It is kinda silly.

looks like from drop rate of amnathul ,people need to farm it even when bfa will be released.
    For mount and transmong it is ok, but for damage item it is not fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andy123456 View Post
    looks like from drop rate of amnathul ,people need to farm it even when bfa will be released.
    For mount and transmong it is ok, but for damage item it is not fair.
    It will be pointless as a damage item then. No need to farm anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    So far I have seen one Aman'Thuls, and that was on the very first kill. Must have killed him at least 50 times now overall. It is kinda silly.
    you do understand that no matter how often you kill it in a week, even 600 times, only first kill counts. I mean you can kill argus once on any diff. and if trinket drops - it drops, and if not, then good luck next week? ?? i mean, everyone knows that, except you it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    It will be pointless as a damage item then. No need to farm anything.
    i know once bfa releases amanthul will be useless.

I need 1 more token to max my dps trinket.. wanna bet amanthul will drop next week right when I dont need it anymore lol

Quote Originally Posted by Piens View Post
    you do understand that no matter how often you kill it in a week, even 600 times, only first kill counts. I mean you can kill argus once on any diff. and if trinket drops - it drops, and if not, then good luck next week? ?? i mean, everyone knows that, except you it seems
    Lol nice man. Its not like I got 5-6 chars that kill him ONCE every week in normal OR heroic. Not at all.

Talk about missing the target

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    This isn't actually true by the way. Not that you can trigger amanthuls even if there's only amanthuls, but the "every player with an active normal proc" thing.

To demonstrate, take the mythic garothi fastest kill (picked that because I assume that raid has full pantheon trinkets).

Here's a 30 second snip of the NORMAL pantheon trinket uptime, for the agility users from 30 seconds in, to 60 seconds in:

Here's the same timeframe, but for the pantheon proc:

You can see the first pantheon proc happens at 40.5 seconds. At that point in time, both the demon hunter, monk, and the rogue Skyze had a normal proc up (the enh lost his buff .4 seconds prior to the pantheon trigger).
    If what you said was true, then they should all 3 have triggered an instant pantheon proc at 40.6, but it's only the monk that does - both the DH and rogue that had it up at the correct time never triggered a pantheon proc in that timeframe.

Conclusion: When 5x buffs are up at once, pantheon is triggered. However, it will pick a random pantheon-user to grant that buff, if multiple users are present (EG; 3 Agi, 1 int, 1 healer, 1 tank = random agi of the 3 gets empowered).

Simply put, if you've got 8 agi 4 int 2 str dps in your raid, you're probably getting fuck all out of the pantheon proc as an agility user. Meanwhile, the 2 str dps will be fucking swimming in procs.
    Wanted to drop my little feelcraft regarding this.

I had the normal trinket in my frost dk since a week, seen it proc the pantheon buff twice or thrice in every boss in Argus in hc pugs.

I had the normal trinket in my dh since 2 months and rarely see the pantheon proc at all in many normal and hc pugs.

Is there any magic number of agi/st/int dps raiders to make the pantheon proc at least once in every dps?

Had a wrong pantheon trinket on my 6th kill (wrong loot spec). Today's the 12th week and I collected my 11th Blessing from Angus. :'(
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piens View Post
    You should read better.
    He said "50 times now overall", not 50 times on one Char.

Quote Originally Posted by UNHEILVOLL View Post
    Wanted to drop my little feelcraft regarding this.

I had the normal trinket in my frost dk since a week, seen it proc the pantheon buff twice or thrice in every boss in Argus in hc pugs.

I had the normal trinket in my dh since 2 months and rarely see the pantheon proc at all in many normal and hc pugs.

Is there any magic number of agi/st/int dps raiders to make the pantheon proc at least once in every dps?
    The reason you're seeing it rarely on your DH is likely because there's far more popular agility classes than str classes. As already explained, if there's 2 str, 4 agi, 8 int DPS in a raid, str classes will get procs basically every time their normal pantheon is up, while agi will get it rarely, and int will be lucky to even see it. There's no "magical number" except for "try to have an even amount".

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    The reason you're seeing it rarely on your DH is likely because there's far more popular agility classes than str classes. As already explained, if there's 2 str, 4 agi, 8 int DPS in a raid, str classes will get procs basically every time their normal pantheon is up, while agi will get it rarely, and int will be lucky to even see it. There's no "magical number" except for "try to have an even amount".
    Good to be healer then? This is of course my experience but I do get alot more procs than on my dps-chars. We have 3-4 healers in a 18-22 man group. I would guess the thing you wrote applies to that as well?