Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yep and thats why tank-trinket basically always procs.
    On this week's Aggramar I had 11 regular procs, 10 of them got empowered, thats the live of tanks right now. Since you almost always get a guranteed pantheon proc the trinket is actually better defensive wise than some people believed. Yes its still random, but if you're a good player you react to "random" procs and use your cd's accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by UNHEILVOLL View Post
    Is there any magic number of agi/st/int dps raiders to make the pantheon proc at least once in every dps?
    There was a nice topic on wowhead showing a few cases and proc uptime to have an idea.

http://fr.wowhead.com/news=277048/ev...-excess-of-one

Near the bottom there are the statistics showing that if there is one trinket you have in excess, the uptime drops down.

Nice, thanks for the info.

Seems silly the drop rate on this trinket is so low considering a lot players are done raiding Antorus already or will stop when their main trinket hits ilvl 1000 (which will be this tuesday).

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Seems silly the drop rate on this trinket is so low considering a lot players are done raiding Antorus already or will stop when their main trinket hits ilvl 1000 (which will be this tuesday).
    Agree, they definitely feel a lot less meaningful than previous expansion's Raid 'Legendaries' - as far as the impact on progression and clearing the raid.

Hopefully there will be something that boosts its drop rate or a something something when we get our trinks to 1000.

I would have less of a problem with the drop rate if the raid could decide where it goes. Since the likelihood is high that it goes on someone that wont use it the super low drop rate is really retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    I would have less of a problem with the drop rate if the raid could decide where it goes. Since the likelihood is high that it goes on someone that wont use it the super low drop rate is really retarded.
    Who cares if you can decide where it does or doesn't go at this point? It's no longer going to have any meaningful impact on progression at all.

The best part about it, is high end raiders basically being trolled by blizzard when they see some shit alt with 2 Argus kills and the trinket. That should have provided many good laughs at this point, no reason to still be mad about it. It's pretty much irrelevant at this point. It's not like it's a mount or weapon that can be a status symbol, just some trinket with no graphic, completely random and can even drop off normal, and at best is a minor dps upgrade for select classes.

So nah, doesn't mean crap that you can't assign it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-16 at 08:59 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    This isn't actually true by the way. Not that you can trigger amanthuls even if there's only amanthuls, but the "every player with an active normal proc" thing.

To demonstrate, take the mythic garothi fastest kill (picked that because I assume that raid has full pantheon trinkets).

Here's a 30 second snip of the NORMAL pantheon trinket uptime, for the agility users from 30 seconds in, to 60 seconds in:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4675&end=72727

Here's the same timeframe, but for the pantheon proc:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4675&end=72727

You can see the first pantheon proc happens at 40.5 seconds. At that point in time, both the demon hunter, monk, and the rogue Skyze had a normal proc up (the enh lost his buff .4 seconds prior to the pantheon trigger).
    If what you said was true, then they should all 3 have triggered an instant pantheon proc at 40.6, but it's only the monk that does - both the DH and rogue that had it up at the correct time never triggered a pantheon proc in that timeframe.

Conclusion: When 5x buffs are up at once, pantheon is triggered. However, it will pick a random pantheon-user to grant that buff, if multiple users are present (EG; 3 Agi, 1 int, 1 healer, 1 tank = random agi of the 3 gets empowered).

Simply put, if you've got 8 agi 4 int 2 str dps in your raid, you're probably getting fuck all out of the pantheon proc as an agility user. Meanwhile, the 2 str dps will be fucking swimming in procs.
    It might be random, but it would appear that the player with the first proc gets the pantheon proc. On the first pantheon proc, it is the monk who had the normal proc the longest and he is the one getting the pantheon proc. On the second pantheon proc, it is the shaman getting it and again he was the one having the normal proc the longest.

It is a very limited sample size so it is just a guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, at 2:32.126 the shaman gets the pantheon proc even though the monk had the normal proc for longer.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Who cares if you can decide where it does or doesn't go at this point? It's no longer going to have any meaningful impact on progression at all.

The best part about it, is high end raiders basically being trolled by blizzard when they see some shit alt with 2 Argus kills and the trinket. That should have provided many good laughs at this point, no reason to still be mad about it. It's pretty much irrelevant at this point. It's not like it's a mount or weapon that can be a status symbol, just some trinket with no graphic, completely random and can even drop off normal, and at best is a minor dps upgrade for select classes.

So nah, doesn't mean crap that you can't assign it.
    It's dissapointing how they handled it. Some people thought that ATV or just the scaling trinket would serve as self-nerfing mechanism to the instance. It might be true to an extent, but neither of those items are powerful enough to matter. Even basic legendary rings in WoD allowed raids to bypass certain mechanics, and fully upgraded ones were a gigantic performance boost. Trinkets don't even come close and have terrible drop rates. It's laughable that you might get the "super proc" once or twice per fight - almost as if it turned you into a meter destroying god... except it's a miniscule improvement over standard trinket.

Yesterday, two guys were uber lucky. None in our guild had Amanthul before. And then, in our second group:
    https://i.imgur.com/p7ePQxe.png

Two persons from single boss! This happened on Draenor-EU.
    @OP, if you are interested in details (who, which char etc), PM me.

With the current drop rate there's around 2% chance that one char in a 20man group gets Aman'thul's from a single kill. So yeah it's very rare but possible to see 2 drop at the same time.

I've parsed data for beginning of week 12 and found zero Aman'thul drops from 2296 kills, however the sample size is getting so small that I now combined weeks 9-12 to get better accuracy. I could try to track more characters next week.

=> Weeks 9-12: 10872 kills - 7 drops - Drop rate: 0.064% (error margin 0.019% - 0.17%)

I've also noticed now that the drop rate for off-spec Pantheon trinkets seem to be going up slightly. Getting exact numbers would be quite complicated but as a Rough estimate I'd guess the off-spec drop rate starts around 5-8% and at some point starts to increase at 15-30% rate weekly.

Clearly the drop rate is going to skyrocket once people start having 1000 ilvl epic versions next week. This is the secret trigger blizzard added to the item.

/tinfoilhat

certainly doesn't feel like offspec trinkets have a faster badluck protection. I have my 2nd pantheon trinket for 6 or 7weeks now and haven't received my 3rd yet, looks about the same to me, atleast not getting to 100% faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    What really sucks is being in Disc loot spec trying to get a Disc legendary and getting the spell DPS pantheon trinket first when you are main spec holy. Got 11 blessings sitting in my bag now!

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    certainly doesn't feel like offspec trinkets have a faster badluck protection. I have my 2nd pantheon trinket for 6 or 7weeks now and haven't received my 3rd yet, looks about the same to me, atleast not getting to 100% faster.
    What I meant in the last post is that offspec trinkets have some bad luck protection too (this was not visible in the first weeks), but their initial drop rate is much lower compared to first trinket and their weekly BLP increase is either lower or same(15-30%) than for first trinket. So overall much lower drop rate. For 3rd trinket I don't know if it's same as 2nd or even lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranader View Post
    What really sucks is being in Disc loot spec trying to get a Disc legendary and getting the spell DPS pantheon trinket first when you are main spec holy. Got 11 blessings sitting in my bag now!
    You are lucky you can only get two types of trinkets (spell-DPS and healing). So your next trinket will be the one you want.

Hybrids with 3-4 specs are screwed if they make the same mistake. Only the first trinket drops according to your loot spec, whereas every next trinket is random (independent of your loot spec). So if you are a resto druid who accidentally got a tanking trinket, you could get feral and balance trinkets before the healing trinket drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranader View Post
    That sounds like you’re own fault. You have a way better chance at getting a pantheon trinket than a legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    So far I have seen one Aman'Thuls, and that was on the very first kill. Must have killed him at least 50 times now overall. It is kinda silly.
    I’ve seen one drop. Went to a Windwalker, which made me die a little inside. I at least hope he plays Brewmaster now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    have seen 2 drop this week, which might ofc just be rng, but it might mean they increased the dropchance a little
    I really hope though knowing Blizzard it’s unlikely that maybe next week when our trinkets are 1000 that maybe Aman’thuls will have a higher drop chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's about equal for paladin, eonar's even pulls ahead depending on stats.
    It is no where near as good as Aman'Thul's for Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    It is no where near as good as Aman'Thul's for Holy.
    I get 171k out of Eonar's at 1000 with a 10% proc rate and 161k out of Aman'Thul's at the same, and the higher the proc rate the higher the delta between the two. In a real life situations Aman'Thul's may pull slightly ahead but its nowhere near as far apart as what you state. In Antorus anyway, outside of that Aman'Thul's is better because you can't get the second procs.

It's like how a lot of hunters blindly follow Azor's sims and think Aman's is the end all be all for them, but he never simmed the secondary proc, which cause the other one to pull ahead, specially in aoe.