Faction choice...how do you do it?

Since WC2, I've been torn.

The majesty and grace of the Alliance. Noble races, banded together to stand against a relentless onslaught. The warm halls of Ironforge, the unfurled banners of Stormwind catching the breeze. The enigmatic Draenei, the beautiful Night Elves. Halls of light, intrigue and honor.

The might and savagery of the Horde. The pride of a nation, untied behind a single leader fighting for their right to exist. The windswept cliffs of Thunder Bluff, in contrast to the warrior city of Orgrimmar. Strength and Honor. Victory or Death.

I find a home with both factions. As BFA comes around, I'd like to choose one faction and stay with it.

My friends that I raid with, play Alliance, but I've always felt a stronger emotional tie to the Horde.

How/why do you feel the way you do about your faction?

Faction Fluid. *cringe*

7+ Year Old Account
    For me I care more about the race than the faction, since sadly I gave up caring for them. That is why I am more in favour of the Alliance than the Horde - but I play a Blood Elf since that's my favorite race.

So, pick what character you think would be the most fun and don't think about the faction!

Who said you had to stick to one faction? Make toons on both. Problem solved.

I'm most likely maining Alliance next expansion because the Horde feels completely disjointed at this point and another elf race in the Horde is helping push me away as it seems like the disjointing of the Horde in terms of aesthetics, ideals and overall phylosophy will continue for at least one more expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your friends are playing Ally then it sounds like an easy decision. Plus, Dwarves are the master race....

My friends played Alliance already so I just joined them.

I have grown to have an almost even split on horde and alliance over the years. Most of my friends are alliance since that is the faction I always raided on, but I like to experience both sides of the story these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Since WC2, I've been torn.

The majesty and grace of the Alliance. Noble races, banded together to stand against a relentless onslaught. The warm halls of Ironforge, the unfurled banners of Stormwind catching the breeze. The enigmatic Draenei, the beautiful Night Elves. Halls of light, intrigue and honor.

The might and savagery of the Horde. The pride of a nation, untied behind a single leader fighting for their right to exist. The windswept cliffs of Thunder Bluff, in contrast to the warrior city of Orgrimmar. Strength and Honor. Victory or Death.

I find a home with both factions. As BFA comes around, I'd like to choose one faction and stay with it.

My friends that I raid with, play Alliance, but I've always felt a stronger emotional tie to the Horde.

How/why do you feel the way you do about your faction?

Faction Fluid. *cringe*
    Its really a simple choice.....

1) Are you a whiny edgelord that likes to sit around and mope about how mean the world is, while your friends secretly run around doing douchebag shit? Join the Alliance.

2) Are you a pretend keyboard badass who likes to constantly be painted as the "bad guys" despite always ending up doing the good guy thing, while your leaders do their best to impersonate Hitler expansion after expansion? Join the Horde.

Since first Warcraft, I always played orcs. When wow was released, the most of the horde races were orc allies - Orcs, Tauren and Trolls. It was just too perfect for me to not play horde.

After 13 years of playing WoW, I still can't find something really interesting inside the alliance. While 4 core horde races are all very interesting in theme and lore, for some reason, Alliance races are just too generic for me..simple cutouts from mediocre fantasy stories. I tried, but I always returned to horde. Proud but aggressive orcs, taurens guided by spirits, ancestors and nature, these oddly interesting tribalistics voodoo trolls or forsaken undead, who are not trusted even within own faction, who has the most difficult situation (together with worgens in some sense), yet, they still find way, how they can shape a world a bit in their favor - all of this is compelling to me.

I judge the faction if they are true to what they say.

The alliance claims that they stand for unity, honor and many principles and i see they do just that.Unity- The factions getting closer in MoP resolving old discussion and hate for the sake of the Alliance, Honor- they never go low as using dishonorable means to achieve their goals, you could argue Taurajo but they do allow for the citizens to escape and actually warn the attack.

The Horde claims to be family, Honor and be the faction that is the misunderstoods, the guys that the world see as bad but actually are good.
    Yet their leaders barely trust one another, No one trusted Garrosh, no one trust Sylvanas or Gallywix, Lor'temar was in the Horde for convinience until MoP and was willing leave, we have a circle jerk of Orcs,Trolls and Taurens.
    Honor-Bombing of theramore, Soutshore, Stonetalon mountains, Garrosh, Sylvanas in Stormheim and so on.We are not bad, we act bad but we're not bad.
    The Horde claims something and does another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well Alliance is one of the most boring and generic "good guy" factions ever created in fiction...so horde it is for me.

Sorry we do not allow threads asking for advice on what toon to roll. Closing
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis