Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Antorus Mythic Caches

Can you delay sending out the mission until you have 12/13ish mythic kills and the resulting quest item will spawn a mythic cache? Asking just to see if anyone tried that in previous tiers and it worked. Or is it too late if the mission has spawned?
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2017-12-14 at 11:39 PM.

The chest difficulty spawns when the mission does, not when the mission is completed.

Absolutely wait with sending it out. The cache is not determined when the mission shows up.
    I'm sure someone can already confirm/deny, but my guesstimate is that you'd need 14 mythic kills, since we needed 12 in ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    The chest difficulty spawns when the mission does, not when the mission is completed.
    This is completely wrong thankfully. Probably a safe bet for most to kill a few farm bosses next Tuesday/Wed before you do the mission
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-12-14 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    Absolutely wait with sending it out. The cache is not determined when the mission shows up.
    I'm sure someone can already confirm/deny, but my guesstimate is that you'd need 14 mythic kills, since we needed 12 in ToS.
    I can indeed confirm that this is not true, the difficulty of the box reward is linked to the mission, so whatever number of kills you have when the mission shows up, you can't do a thing to upgrade that box anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I can indeed confirm that this is not true, the difficulty of the box reward is linked to the mission, so whatever number of kills you have when the mission shows up, you can't do a thing to upgrade that box anymore.
    Factually wrong. We've tested this in my guild in ToS.

edit:
    I personally had the mission spawn, had 11 kills rather than 12 (sat out on a 'farm' boss I didn't need main spec items on), waited to get another kill and then sent it out. People who sent their mission out with 11 kills got a heroic cache.

edit 2:
    Since this wasn't an 'active' test (outside of waiting for an extra kill myself), I don't know whether it's linked to when you send it out or when you complete it. Either way, it is not linked to when it spawns.
    Last edited by Ipsissimus; 2017-12-15 at 12:00 AM.

When the mission shows up, the cache you get is hard determined. It is how it works:

Precursor:

https://www.wowhead.com/search?q=azeroth+invasion+plans

Those four "Azeroth Invasion Plans" are the four possible quest items that can spawn. Using the addon "idtip" or something similar you can mouseover the item in the game and determine what the quality of cache you have. I have personally done this but didn't screenshot.

Further, there are 4 missions with the exact same name "Antorus, the Burning Throne" that each reward "Azeroth Invasion Plans." If they were going to morph the reward as you got kills, that would be an entirely unnecessary endeavor.

Regardless, only one of the parties that are disagreeing with each other on the behavior of these caches is right. Believe what you will, but the truth according to me is that your cache is determined on mission spawn, not on send, not on reception, and not on quest completion.

Edit: As a matter of complete clarity: As more raid finder wings open, more missions will become available, and more quests will become available. Each of those possible missions will have 4 versions. Each mission will reward 1 variant of 4 possible quest items with identical names but different rewards and different IDs.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    When the mission shows up, the cache you get is hard determined. It is how it works:

Precursor:

https://www.wowhead.com/search?q=azeroth+invasion+plans

Those four "Azeroth Invasion Plans" are the four possible quest items that can spawn. Using the addon "idtip" or something similar you can mouseover the item in the game and determine what the quality of cache you have. I have personally done this but didn't screenshot.

Further, there are 4 missions with the exact same name "Antorus, the Burning Throne" that each reward "Azeroth Invasion Plans." If they were going to morph the reward as you got kills, that would be an entirely unnecessary endeavor.

Regardless, only one of the parties that are disagreeing with each other on the behavior of these caches is right. Believe what you will, but the truth according to me is that your cache is determined on mission spawn, not on send, not on reception, and not on quest completion.

Edit: As a matter of complete clarity: As more raid finder wings open, more missions will become available, and more quests will become available. Each of those possible missions will have 4 versions. Each mission will reward 1 variant of 4 possible quest items with identical names but different rewards and different IDs.
    And the truth according to the people that has actually tested it and, as such, don't just assume behaviour, are probably correct. I can add my ballot to the "save it till you've done the mythic kills"-hat, as my guild tested it in TOS as well with alts. You could indeed trigger a higher level cache from the mission after new mythic kills, despite having already had it up on the board for a few days.

edit:
    I personally had the mission spawn, had 11 kills rather than 12 (sat out on a 'farm' boss I didn't need main spec items on), waited to get another kill and then sent it out. People who sent their mission out with 11 kills got a heroic cache.

edit 2:
    Since this wasn't an 'active' test (outside of waiting for an extra kill myself), I don't know whether it's linked to when you send it out or when you complete it. Either way, it is not linked to when it spawns.
    It IS tied to when the mission spawned. Your test had one small flaw: you had already qualified for Mythic cache when you tested it. Number of kills required is n+1, where n is the number of bosses in the raid. The kills, obviously, must be “loot eligible kills”.

I DID try what your test myself back in Nighthold. I had 8 Mythic kills. I waited to start the mission until AFTER I had gotten 3 more kills that week, and when I got the mission it was for a heroic cache reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ojee Showtime View Post
    It IS tied to when the mission spawned. Your test had one small flaw: you had already qualified for Mythic cache when you tested it. Number of kills required is n+1, where n is the number of bosses in the raid. The kills, obviously, must be “loot eligible kills”.

I DID try what your test myself back in Nighthold. I had 8 Mythic kills. I waited to start the mission until AFTER I had gotten 3 more kills that week, and when I got the mission it was for a heroic cache reward.
    I can also confirm that in nighthold, upgrading the cache wasn't possible. In TOS, it was (we checked the item with the macro to make sure it was heroic before doing the required mythic kills).

Quote Originally Posted by Ojee Showtime View Post

Let n be 9, i.e. the number of bosses in Tomb of Sargeras.
    Go back to the part where I said people who had 11 mythic kills got heroic caches (thinking they'd get mythic).
    Then read the part where I said I waited after my mission spawned for my 12th kill and only then sent it out.
    ???
    Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    snip.
    I apologize, but this is simply not how it worked out for us in ToS. Mayhaps they'll change it again now in Antorus, who knows, it's Blizzard we're dealing with after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I can also confirm that in nighthold, upgrading the cache wasn't possible. In TOS, it was (we checked the item with the macro to make sure it was heroic before doing the required mythic kills).
    Ok, my comment was based on data from EN and NH, which is the last time we tested it in guild, never rechecking whether it's been fixed, so I'll take people's word for it, but at worst you are losing 1 cache anyway.

https://imgur.com/a/zUjkR

I waited to start my mission, because I had capped coins first week. I had 13 mythic kills when I sent out the mission.

That's so false...I really wish people would stop lying on these forums. It's determined when the mission comes back, not when it pops up on your board.

Ok, my comment was based on data from EN and NH, which is the last time we tested it in guild, never rechecking whether it's been fixed, so I'll take people's word for it, but at worst you are losing 1 cache anyway.
    So you simply failed to read the part where I said ToS? Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by overdose View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/zUjkR

I waited to start my mission, because I had capped coins first week. I had 13 mythic kills when I sent out the mission.
    Thanks for the useful and concrete information!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    That's so false...I really wish people would stop lying on these forums. It's determined when the mission comes back, not when it pops up on your board.
    Unless Blizz actually comes out and says what the conditions are for the caches and if/when they change the conditions then no one can really know for sure, we can only share our own experiences with it. For my druid in ToS the mission was in progress while I did 7th, 8th and 9th mythic bosses (was an alt so was just doing the 1st 3 bosses at the time). I was expecting a heroic cache from the mission but I got a mythic one. Thats my experience with it and I'm not lying.
    Last edited by Aktec; 2017-12-15 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Unless Blizz actually comes out and says what the conditions are for the caches and if/when they change the conditions then no one can really know for sure, we can only share our own experiences with it. For my druid in ToS the mission was in progress while I did 7th, 8th and 9th mythic bosses (was an alt so was just doing the 1st 3 bosses at the time). I was expecting a heroic cache from the mission but I got a mythic one. Thats my experience with it and I'm not lying.
    I mean someone above you already disproved your "experience" in a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean someone above you already disproved your "experience" in a picture.
    You mean the picture of the antorus mission? when i was talking about the tos.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many bosses of the equivalent level do you have to down in order to spawn that cache? Also, do you have to down them every week or is it a permanent one time thing?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted

edit:

edit 2:
    Based on our guild in ToS, it was 11 kills required, not 12. People with 10 kills didnt get it, people with 11+ did for us. Also pretty sure it's determined as the mission spawns, but don't have any info/testing to back it up, just what I heard before on forums and from other players.