Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    If they bundle the Classic Sub in with the live sub, then it won’t make any difference when it is released. Meanwhile if they do launch it alongside a major content patch, it will possibly help with server congestion and make for a smoother launch of classic servers. They aren’t going anywhere afterall, so people would be able to check it out when they get done with the major patch’s content if they prefer to play live. Imo, the people likely to sub for Classic are less likely to try out Retail, so you wouldn’t have much of an issue with people just not playing the major patch’s content.
    Yeah, that's not quite what I was trying to get at.

Basically what I was saying, is that the classic fandom will subscribe pretty much regardless of when Blizzard releases Classic (assuming its not a decade from now...).

Now, we also could guess that subscriptions go up when content is first released, and probably hit the lowest point in the expansion a few months after the final raid tier. At this point, people start unsubscribing from the game.

What I am saying, is it makes some sense to me for Blizzard to release it then, to keep people subscribed so they can play Classic (again, assuming Modern & Classic are bundled together).
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Yeah, that's not quite what I was trying to get at.

Basically what I was saying, is that the classic fandom will subscribe pretty much regardless of when Blizzard releases Classic (assuming its not a decade from now...).

Now, we also could guess that subscriptions go up when content is first released, and probably hit the lowest point in the expansion a few months after the final raid tier. At this point, people start unsubscribing from the game.

What I am saying, is it makes some sense to me for Blizzard to release it then, to keep people subscribed so they can play Classic (again, assuming Modern & Classic are bundled together).
    What I am saying though is that Classic will be there regardless of what content is on the retail servers, so the timing shouldn't matter as much in terms of keeping people subscribed to play Classic. If my assumptions are right, releasing Classic along side content that will occupy the retail players on retail will result in the initial deluge of players being mostly those that want to play Classic over Retail... with another wave coming about a month or two later as people run through all the content on live they wish to do and decide to see if they can understand what all the fuss is about. This should result in the second crowd, who may not be as willing to tough out the old quest mob tapping mechanic, experiencing fewer bottlenecks there and having a better experience.

At least, that is my theory on the matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    So 7000+ posts and you still havent learned how to do a proper quote? I guess you do, lol.... integration? They have ho many games integrated into bnet? You really think it will take 2+ years for that! lol.....
    its funny how you deflect the FACT that you have no clue about coding by claiming its as easy to alter 2 decade old code as same as adding a game to the launcher.
    you ever tried to go into comedy?

Hello Mr. another arm chair devoloper:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    It VERY LIKELY will launch before BfA.
    Mark for laughing at you next summer
    People smarter than you make these decisions.
    And people smarter then you knwo realism more then you do
    Classic WoW was finished 10 years ago. They aren;t making new content.
    still they have to redo a lot of the coding for it to work today....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    That's WAYYY too far in the future. WoW will be extremely stale by then.
    how can wow be stale next blizzcon when Bfa is out for just 2 month?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    My initial point was that they already had some version of Classic WoW running on the current infrastructure, nothing more
    but it is NOT running an the current infrastructure, they got a nost version up n running as reference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    My dude, if you're going to say 64 bit is "more stable" than 32 bit, I expect some sources and evidence to back up your claim.
    32bit is on the way out so why release a 32bit client?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    its funny how you deflect the FACT that you have no clue about coding by claiming its as easy to alter 2 decade old code as same as adding a game to the launcher.
    you ever tried to go into comedy?
    Neah cant compete with you....

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Neah cant compete with you....
    Even if they can just stand up Vanilla using existing infrastructure, they have to integrate old wow client into Existing Battle.net infrastructure. That will take at least a year if they have a decently sized team.

It could go one of two ways imo, first content draught of BfA or towards the very end of Legion to bring more subs/possible new people in for BfA's release.

15th anniversary. You think they're gonna rush it within the next year?

If Blizzard don't release it sooner rather than later the hype will fall off from it and it will be wasted resources. When Blizzard announce any title it normal goes without saying that it is being released within a year.

Deleted
    I'm saying that it will take like 7-8 months. Why? Because my gf is leaving country for 4-6 weeks around July/August and I wan't to have as much spare time as I want to play 24/7.
    What? I'm wrong? My guess is as likely as any other here. Hype logic says I'm right. Business says 50/50 because in 4-5 months most guild will have current content on farm, which is good moment to launch "new" game. Or maybe nostalgia crit - November 2018?
    It's basicaly like flipping a coin and hoping that it will float in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no generally accepted ETA. And no one should pretend they know there is.

I'm sure Blizzard has a target in mind but I doubt that they themselves know if they'll be able to hit it. History would suggest they won't so they won't say anything for some time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    lol at all you copers, your precious little legion is gonna be dead soon

most of you saddos hyped for classic arent gonna get past lvl 40 pahahaahahaaaa!

- - - Updated - - -

"theyre gonna wait 3 years guys" fuck me, are you guys really that dense? jeez

7+ Year Old Account
    5th Tuesday of January 2018.