ryzen @ 1.45v ok for 1 to 2 yrs?

So i found out that i can get my R5 1600 stable at 4ghz but it has to be set at 1.45v. i am using a hyper 212 evo on it and temps stay under 75c using cpuz stress test for 1hr.

i plan on buying zen2 or going back to intel in 1-2 yrs when it comes out so i dont expect my r5 1600 to last me 3-5 yrs.

will it last atleast 2 yrs if i keep it at 1.45v as long as temps are reasonable?

I think 1.35V was the recommended safe Voltage by AMD before you see degradation, but while 1.45V will degrade your CPU, if you're planning to throw it away in a few years, everything should be ok. Though I'd probably keep an eye on temps and log usage, that you can truly see what is your max and average temp on your daily usage.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I think 1.35V was the recommended safe Voltage by AMD before you see degradation, but while 1.45V will degrade your CPU, if you're planning to throw it away in a few years, everything should be ok. Though I'd probably keep an eye on temps and log usage, that you can truly see what is your max and average temp on your daily usage.
    Did AMD downgrade that recently then? Because I recall back in March they said 1.45v was the limit they would garuantee.

I always have HWinfo running and I use CPUz stress test for an hour and I'm pretty confident my Ryzen is stable @ 4ghz, it just needs that extra vcore.

Hello, sorry for the offtopic but how does your ryzen @4ghz do in 20-25 man raids in therms of fps?